Sart

The camp had finally regrouped in the cave mouth. With the new supplies, fending off the wild chalklings had been possible. After the battle, they were all exhausted, gasping for breath.

"What's our next move?" wheezed Lara. "Attack!" cried Steelchalk. Suddenly, chalklings began pouring out of him, as well as Lara and Nb'Nub. They quickly overwhelmed Mr. Klenion, eating him alive.

"No! It can't end like this!" shouted Aiden. He led a vicious counterattack, pushing through Lara's Lines of Warding. He whipped out a knife, while she pulled out her own. In the end though, only one could survive. In the end, it was a matter of brute strength. Aiden grabbed Lara's arm, twisted it, and stabbed her in the heart with his free hand. She collapsed, dead.

Vote Count:
Caesura (4): Jondesu, Devotary of Spontaneity, Brightness Radiant, Eternum
Eternum (3): Caesura, Steeldancer, Monster Metroid

Caesura was lynched. She was a Prepared Forgotten. A Piece of Chalk was added to the Camp Supply.
Elenion was killed. He was a Soldier. A Bribe was added to the Camp Supply.

Spoiler
  • Eternum took a Piece of Chalk
  • Jondesu took a Bucket of Acid
  • Devotary of Spontaneity took a Gun!

Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • 2 Pieces of Chalk
  • 1 Bucket of Acid
  • 3 Bribes
  • 3 Spring-Powered Crabs
  • 1 Gun
  • 1 Map

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. Kynedath: Myka Quick Forgotten
  2. MacThorstenson: Thorstein Prepared Soldier
  3. Jondesu: Kadal
  4. Caesura: Lara Prepared Forgotten
  5. Steeldancer: Steelchalk
  6. Devotary of Spontaneity: Cacooo Moreau
  7. livinglegend: Lenny Soldier
  8. MonsterMetroid: Nb'nub
  9. Orlok Tsubodai: Orlok Thief
  10. A Joe in the Bush: Joel Soldier
  11. manukos: General Manukos the IV Quick Soldier
  12. BrightnessRadiant: Mya
  13. Eternum: Aiden
  14. Drake Marshall: Drake Prepared Soldier
  15. Elenion: Mr. Klenien Soldier
  16. Alvron: Ronald Sneaky Soldier
  17. A Budgie: Rose-Mary Soup Soldier

This cycle will end on February 14th, at 7PM Eastern Time. If you want, we can shorten it.

bla_1518652800.png

Edited by Sart
Forgot to cross out Elenion

That should have been Brightness Radiant, who I now trust following the success of our plan. Sucks to lose Len, but this should be straightforward now. Steeldancer now, Devotary can take Monster with the gun or we can lynch him next cycle.

Edit: Len’s plan. I don’t mean to take credit for it, as it was all or mostly his work.

Edited by Jondesu

@MonsterMetroid I literally edited my vote into my post immediately after hitting send....how did you miss that? I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to and I'm sorry, but there's no way you could have missed it because it uploaded, I hit edit and typed it in and hit upload again so the edit was nearly instantaneous with my post.

Also yes, I used the acid on Monster which I told Len I was doing. If I'd seen his message before cycle ended then I'd have used it on Steel instead. Sorry Len, my sis had to have a bday party LOL 

Steeldancer I explained my reasons for this already, but it's nice to see I was right finally. 

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Spelling and tagged Monster

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Jondesu, why didn't you vote? You knew our plan! But you were late!!!! How could you?

Fun story- Monster PMed me before the game began and mentioned how fun it would be if we got to be elims together. 

Lol, nice try.

52 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@MonsterMetroid I literally edited my vote into my post immediately after hitting send....how did you miss that? I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to and I'm sorry, but there's no way you could have missed it because it uploaded, I hit edit and typed it in and hit upload again so the edit was nearly instantaneous with my post.

I guess I'm blind haha. Also sorry for putting you through all of that I kind of felt bad at teh end but I wanted to win!! haha Now noone will ever trust me in these games again.

Dude, trust is a matter of game to game. I stab people in the back all the time, and they still trust me under the correct circumstances. 
However, I would like to say, we did not lose this game due to any misbalance. We only lost because of ourselves. And we still came really close despite that. 

“Alas, We remain alone to tell the sad tale of the destruction of our people. The Chalk ruled once. We were once vibrant. But now the humans have come and tossed acid on our bodies and minds. We are the last of them. The rest have died. And now they crush us with guns and death. Will there ever be any escape? I do not know.”
“I write this record so that someone will remember us, the Chalk. The MonsterChalk and the SteelChalk, the last of our kind. That perhaps, one day, they will learn from us. That the end of a people is a sad, pitiful thing. An end of an era, and people will cheer. One day they will regret killing us all. We were so close, too. Dust those dusting villagers. Calcium carbonate forever.”

9 hours ago, MonsterMetroid said:

I guess I'm blind haha. Also sorry for putting you through all of that I kind of felt bad at teh end but I wanted to win!! haha Now noone will ever trust me in these games again.

Do you know how often I've bussed teammates or done other things that should make me not trustworthy as an Elim? Mostly goes with the territory, though of course only if the goal is your team winning.

12 hours ago, MonsterMetroid said:

LOL don't feel bad xD I wasn't annoyed at you, I was annoyed at the rest of the village for not even trying to consider that you were evil and I was innocent :lol: although tbh this was the first game I've ever had to defend myself so hard and despite getting genuinely frustrated, it did keep me more active and will definitely be a good feeling to win xD (whether or not I'm the last elim kill) :ph34r: lol 

It's been a great game and y'all did a very good job! 

Nb'Nub was dead. Or rather he was as good as dead. Despite his best efforts to blend in as just another soldier he had exposed himself to the group for what he really was. Looking back he knew he made a mistake, trying to give Aiden over to the brass for execution last minute seemed like a good idea at the time. It must have been the idea of freedom talking. Freedom, it had seemed so close at one point the ability to leave this accursed place that the humans called Nebrask. Nb'Nub did want to see what the outside world was like and find a way to release his brethren. But that dream was dead, just as he was soon to be.

Nb'Nub found a space space to sit down and relax. "Poor Steelchalk" he thought as he took out a chalk board and some normal chalk. It appeared he was the the one that was going to be taken to leadership for "dismissal". Steelchalk and he didn't really know each other from the tower and only got to know each other after they bound themselves to these human bodies and were tasked to find a way out. But yeah the arguments were short and terse with people voting for Steelchalk and he was definately going to die today. " I don't know guys Devotary grabbing the gun seems awfully suspicious" Nb'Nub said weakly not sure himself why he even tried.

The one good thing about this is that finally Nb'Nub could be himself. Nb'Nub began to drag the chalk across the board in just the right way so that it made the delightful SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE noise. Yes Nb'Nub could finally stop being someone he wasn't. SCREEEEE SCREE SCREE SCREEEEEEEET Nb'Nub could feel the tension leave his body as he could hear the sound of creation itself take shape. He could see the beauty of the landscape around him and gained a new appreciation for it. Yes Nb'Nub knew that the gun Devotary grabbed was meant for one person and that was for him. At least he got to see a little outside the tower even if it wasn't as much as he wanted. Yes there was worse ways to go. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT T T T. 

My analysis of last cycle: Everyone is eliminator except me and Monster. 
Interestingly, those strategies were legitimate. I never did get enough time to utilize them properly. I think there were definetly some patterns that showed up. I'll have to use them again when I'm actually more available (and necessary) to look at that. That wasn't just an eliminator ploy.

Steelchalk was cornered. Surrounded by evil humans, he tossed his tablet with his story behind him, so they would not destroy it. And then he prepared to jump on them. Maybe he could take one of them with him, before they tossed acid on him. 

Cycle should have been closed hours ago. Sorry about that. I don't actually have time to do a write-up tonight. The game is practically over, although there technically should be one more cycle in this game. However, with all the Forgotten having been revealed, I think it's appropriate to call it. Expect a final write-up tomorrow.

The remaining Forgotten were outnumbered. Steelchalk and Nb'Nub fought like they were possessed, but the Rithmatists had the upper hand. The chalk stored in the cave was proving to be a life-saver. A lucky Line of Vigor from Kadal pierced Steelchalk's Line of Warding. Aiden siezed upon the opportunity, whipped out his knife again, and was able to deal the finishing blow to her.

Nb'Nub was growing desperate. He couldn't fend off all the attacks at once. Cacooo Moreau had leveled a gun at the last Forgotten. "What are you things?" the soldier asked, staring down his opponent. "Better." cried Nb'Nub, throwing acid onto Moreau's face. He had been saving that from the very beginning, in case the Forgotten had need of it. Unfortunately, he had to flee. He started running out of the cave. The wild chalklings he created were hampering his pursuers, and he might have lived. However, Mya wasn't going to let him go so easily. She reached out, and managed to trip the fleeing traitor. Cacooo wiped the acid from his eyes, and shot the last Forgotten.

The camp paused to catch their breath. There were only 4 of them left. "What do we do now?" asked Kadal.

"We stay here." said Aiden, solemnly. "Look." He pulled out a piece of paper from Nb'Nub's pocket. It read,

Once you have eliminated the traitors, report to high command. Long live the Tower.

"High Command?" asked Mya, shocked at the implications. "They've taken over our generals!" exclaimed Cacooo.

"We can't leave. If we do, we'll be labeled as traitors, and executed." continued Aiden. "So then what do we do?" asked Kadal, incredulously.

"We fight. We gather the supplies we have left, and we fight. We don't stop til the Tower is gone. We're all that's left. Let's make it count." The survivors nodded, their new purpose in mind. They were soldiers, and there were still Forgotten to kill.

Vote Count:
Steeldancer (4): Jondesu, Devotary of Spontaneity, Brightness Radiant, Eternum
Devotary of Spontaneity (1): Steeldancer

Steeldancer was lynched. He was a Forgotten.
MonsterMetroid technically blocked the gun shot, but he died anyway. He was a Prepared Forgotten

The Soldiers have won! This was a hard-fought victory, and this game was super close. I want to commend all the players for doing a great job this game. I'll have another post about balance later on.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. Kynedath: Myka Quick Forgotten
  2. MacThorstenson: Thorstein Prepared Soldier
  3. Jondesu: Kadal Prepared Soldier
  4. Caesura: Lara Prepared Forgotten
  5. Steeldancer: Steelchalk Forgotten
  6. Devotary of Spontaneity: Cacooo Moreau Quick Soldier
  7. livinglegend: Lenny Soldier
  8. MonsterMetroid: Nb'nub Prepared Forgotten
  9. Orlok Tsubodai: Orlok Thief
  10. A Joe in the Bush: Joel Soldier