[OB] Just for fun: Fullborn v Surgebinders

Storms!

18 minutes ago, Storms! said:

Gasp! But that's men's food!

I think the spicy curry is men's food, but after taking out a Fullborn and baking his soulcast remains into a loaf of bread, I don't  think anyone could stop Jasnah from eating her bread with whatever she wants. 

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

What if we take away the Atium and then grant someone (cough couh who doesn't constantly cry and drown in self pity cough cough kaladin) every surge available on Roshar to fight the Fullborn?

Also let's give them unlimited metal and unlimited Stormlight.

Go

1 minute ago, Storms! said:

What if someone bonded all 10 Honorblades, granting them every surge twice? Could they fight a Fullborn?

A Dysian Aimian bonded to all 10 Honorblades versus a Fullborn!

Rad, I would totally pay to watch that on Pay Per View!

3 minutes ago, Storms! said:

Which one is that again?

The Sleepless one, who like the Fullborn never sleeps and if enough of the Sleepless' hordelings are ensconced somewhere safe to maintain consciousness (lets just say in Shadesmar, so they are untouchable) then the Sleepless would be effectively deathless as well.

4 minutes ago, Teesh229 said:
5 minutes ago, Storms! said:

Which one is that again?

What's the Vegas betting line?

Patriots -3.5

I would say it's 2:1 in favor of the Sleepless.

The Sleepless one, who like the Fullborn never sleeps and if enough of the Sleepless' hordelings are ensconced somewhere safe to maintain consciousness (lets just say in Shadesmar, so they are untouchable) then the Sleepless would be effectively deathless as well.

If the Fullborn used feruchemical speed+Atium, he could probably squish enough for the Sleepless to need to call in the reserves. How fast can the sleepless produce new hordlings? Compounded Soulcasting would probably help

3 minutes ago, Storms! said:

If the Fullborn used feruchemical speed+Atium, he could probably squish enough for the Sleepless to need to call in the reserves. How fast can the sleepless produce new hordlings? Compounded Soulcasting would probably help

I would have a single cremling (unnoticed) at the fullborn's feet use the surge that Yelig-narred Amaram used to have the ground around the fullborn phase into mush mud and then lock back into place. Pretty hard to use super speed or your Atium advantage when you're frozen in Carbonite. Fullborn possibly immobilized, costs one cremling. That's a cremling well spent.

14 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I would have a single cremling (unnoticed) at the fullborn's feet use the surge that Yelig-narred Amaram used to have the ground around the fullborn phase into mush mud and then lock back into place. Pretty hard to use super speed or your Atium advantage when you're frozen in Carbonite. Fullborn possibly immobilization costs one cremling. That's a cremling well spent.

Feruchemical strength plus pewter pulls the Fullborn right out of that trap!

The most underrated power for the Fullborn has to be the Leecher ability. Poof! No more Stormlight

@hoiditthroughthegrapevine Check-mate B)

Edited by Storms!

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Just for fun: Fullborn v Surgebinders
9 minutes ago, Storms! said:

Feruchemical strength plus pewter pulls the Fullborn right out of that trap!

The most underrated power for the Fullborn has to be the Leecher ability. Poof! No more Stormlight

Roger that, good point. For every stratagem there is counter stratagem. I present to you The Cremling Death Cloud!

CremlingDeathCloud.jpg.7fa8d8ad75da652f8cde1a6df2f5cb83.jpg

The Fullborn, surrounded by a swarm of flying cremlings (yep there are flying cremlings), each with the ability at the speed of thought to summon a magical soulcutting honor blade, while in motion with no metal on the bodies for the Metallic Arts to work on. Only shown above are 10 summoned blades (summoned simultaneously), but these bonded blades could be summoned by any of the cremlings in the swarm at the speed of thought. Atium is pretty rad, but this has so many moving parts that the Fullborn would be reduced to a pincushioned grey lump of twitchy death in no time.

I present to you The Cremling Death Cloud!

Wow. That was next level

BUT! I have a question. Does compounding a metal give you savant-like abilities? Because there are trace metals in the blood (how Inquisitors are able to see). If the Fullborn has a simultaneous Push+Pull on these trace metals, while increasing weight with iron, he could shred the cremlings to pieces all at once.

But if not, ummmm yeah. Death Cloud

Side note: Love how you even drew the Mistcoat tassels

Edited by Storms!

Nightblood's allure is (from what we've seen,) based on proximity, correct?

If you need a last ditch attempt, unlatch Nightblood, throw it forward while holding the sheath (blade flies out without you contacting it) and pray the Fullborn does the typical Atium/Speed dodge of still being near the oncoming object just out of its path.

Then Nightblood's 'hey you wanna touch me!' effect springs into the Fullborn's mind, Fullborn grabs Nightblood, Nightblood eventually consumes Fullborn.

That Fullborn's still gonna cause a helluva lot of damage in the meantime, but if you're only concern is killing the Fullborn, maybe this will work? 

2 minutes ago, Storms! said:

BUT! I have a question. Does compounding a metal give you savant-like abilities? Because there are trace metals in the blood (how Inquisitors are able to see). If the Fullborn has a simultaneous Push+Pull on these trace metals, while increasing weight with iron, he could shred the cremlings to pieces all at once.

But if not, ummmm yeah. Death Cloud

They probably do have trace amounts of metal in their blood. Hmm, the fullborn could probably destroy the cremling death cloud pretty easily...Good point, have to think about this more...

@Calderis this is the word of Brandon (paraphrased because I wanted a picture with Brandon) that I got at the Portland signing:

The other questions I asked are in the Warbreaker>Awakened Toupee WoB thread, should I post the paraphrased ones to Arcanum? Or do you Arcanists only want WoBs with audio?

On 11/25/2017 at 2:50 AM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I also asked him if Nightblood were in the cognitive realm and was used to stab a bead that was the cognitive representation of a castle, would the castle be destroyed in the Physical Realm? He said if you could get Nightblood into the cognitive realm, then yes. I asked him what would happen to people who were in the castle at the time, and he said that they wouldn't be affected (other than possibly plummeting to their death). I then asked him how about a carpet that had been in the castle for 50 years, and he said that no, 50 years most likely wouldn't be enough time. I asked him if this was like the ship of Theseus and he said yes.

After he said if you could get Nightblood into the cognitive realm, he gave me a very funny look (eyebrows raised, eyes widened, lips compressed and chin brought down closer to his chest), which I interpreted as meaning that this was nearly impossible to do. So there you a go a paraphased WoB qualified by interpreted somatic signs.

12 hours ago, Calderis said:

Mistborn spoilers 

Hide contents

Marsh has 22 spikes. There are 32 powers. We don't know which powers he doesn't have. 

Marsh at least can use and compound Atium. Maybe gold since, I believe, he's pulling off Rashek's immortality trick.

Anyways, it's probably a safe bet that Marsh can't use the external temporal or enchancement metals.

12 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Ok, so Jasnah's spy network delivers to her a detailed drawing of the Fullborn, including the location of his various metal minds. So, while he is on the privy, she elsecalls her hand out from behind the Fullborn and Yoink, there goes the Fullborn's goldmind. Then later, while the Fullborn is eating some spicy curry, Jasnah's else calling hand comes out and turns his brain into soulcast grain. Then while he is drooling on the floor leaking grain from his nose, she quickly removes the remainder of his metal minds and turns him into soulcast grain and bakes herself a loaf of Fullborn, which she eats with a mild curry later.

The Fullborn could do what Miles did and have his metalminds inside him...

12 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

@Calderis this is the word of Brandon (paraphrased because I wanted a picture with Brandon) that I got at the Portland signing:

The other questions I asked are in the Warbreaker>Awakened Toupee WoB thread, should I post the paraphrased ones to Arcanum? Or do you Arcanists only want WoBs with audio?

On 11/25/2017 at 2:50 AM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I also asked him if Nightblood were in the cognitive realm and was used to stab a bead that was the cognitive representation of a castle, would the castle be destroyed in the Physical Realm? He said if you could get Nightblood into the cognitive realm, then yes. I asked him what would happen to people who were in the castle at the time, and he said that they wouldn't be affected (other than possibly plummeting to their death). I then asked him how about a carpet that had been in the castle for 50 years, and he said that no, 50 years most likely wouldn't be enough time. I asked him if this was like the ship of Theseus and he said yes.

After he said if you could get Nightblood into the cognitive realm, he gave me a very funny look (eyebrows raised, eyes widened, lips compressed and chin brought down closer to his chest), which I interpreted as meaning that this was nearly impossible to do. So there you a go a paraphased WoB qualified by interpreted somatic signs.

This brings up a question.  If Nightblood can't be brought into the cognitive realm (or at least not easily), how did Nightblood get from Nalthis to Roshar?  Shardic Influence?  Vasher has yet unrevealed knowledge?  Any ideas or WOB's out there? I think @Calderis brings up the right point.

Edited by Willshaping Crasher

Back to @hoiditthroughthegrapevine's original Hyper-Prepared-Jasnah-Shadesmar-Strike plan:

1. Do we know that spanreeds work across Realms?
  2. We do know that Ivory can't change his shape in the Physical Realm (not even into a razor sharp net).
  3. Why transition back into the Physical at all? Just keep grabbing beads for whatever's near your Target and turn them into plutonium. Fullborn doesn't give you a way to affect the Cognitive, so you can afford to take a little time.