Borio Singaldi

Very interesting theory, It reminds me a lot of the Keys to the Kingdom books by Garth Nix.

Warning: Major spoilers for said series below (If anyone was thinking of reading it).

Spoiler

As a quick summary, the books follow a boy who is chosen as the heir to The House, a huge secondary dimension that acts as an administration centre for the rest of the Universe. He has to collect the Keys to each of the seven demesnes of The House, with the help of The Will, the sentient embodiment of the Architect's last request before they disappeared, after the Trustees of the Architect betrayed and broke the Will. 

It is revealed at the end of the final book that the Will was betrayed because it was intended to destroy the entire world, allowing the heir to start over with a new Universe. This is very similar to what you are proposing here.

Interestingly, in the reveal, it was also mentioned that despite being imprisoned, the Will had been secretly influencing the Trustees to drive them into destroying the world on their own.

Could there be a similar situation going on with the Shattering? If Adonalsium did become Shattered willingly, than it would make sense for it to engineer a few secret systems to make absolutely sure it would come back together if the Shards began acting up (Looking at you Rayse).

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2018 at 6:02 PM, Firerust said:

When Ruin and Preservation are combined into one, they for the dual Shard of Harmony. It is a perfect Unity of the two most opposing Intents

I think this is a decent argument that Adonalsium's intent involved unity of some sort.  As Adonalsium had to unite all of the shards/powers.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:40 AM, Kk- said:

If Adonalsium had an intent, that implies that it is a piece of a yet greater power broken down into "super-shards",

I think that this can be dismissed because of the God Beyond.  But even without the God Beyond, I don't think just because something has an intent means it is a part of something greater.  An intent of Unity could be because the shard's job is to hold them together.  I would say, in general, humans are similar to shards with intents.  We just call it a worldview instead.  I see the world through a certain lens, and it clouds my decisions.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:47 AM, NotBurtReynolds said:

Adonalsium must have had a plan, right?! We have seen Shard after Shard be really, really good at making long-term plans and predicting/manipulating events. Like really good ;) .  But not Adonalsium? Didn't see it coming? Was caught completely off-guard by 16 beings he created?

I think Adonalsium must have seen what was happening.  It must have known that they were going to kill it, and couldn't do anything to protect itself.  Maybe because killing/aggression wasn't in its intent or maybe because it wanted to shatter.  Either way, I would not be surprised if Adonalsium's influence was still around to this day, executing his plan to reunite.

Just like how Fuzz said that he, Leras, had already been killed.  He just remained to attempt the plan.

Can't u spell Adonalsium as One Soul One Mind?  This seems to indicate he has no physical body. 

Add that to the religion of the one becoming many to experiance (physical life). Then coming back to the one with said experience. 

Think big bang then big crunch.

Also the dead gemstone could be to weapon that killed him

Edited by Thanatos