[OB] Make Your Own Radiant Orders

ShardplateJoe III

Hello all!

The dust has settled on Roshar. The Final Desolation has come and gone. The time has come for a new order of Heralds.

Unity has chosen you to join his heralds and lead a new order of Radiants. Chose your surges, your ideals, and your attributes. Stand firm and strong, for there must always be a watcher at the rim...

The Order of Gatelords:

Outgoing and earnest, the Gatelords must walk a fine line. On the one hand, they hold the terrible power of division, and on the other, the blessed gift of progression. Firm and resolute, they have garnered much respect among their Radiant colleagues. One modern scholar remarked on their personality: "They were fiercely protective of their charges, and cared little for their own safety. Where there was danger, you could bet the Gatelords would be there first. I don't think they would ever willfully permit any to confront an enemy without first being present. They were a group to whom you could run for the most serious of aid, and never expect to be turned down.

"However, be warned. If you ever harm one whom a Gatelord views as their charge, you may forever be viewed as an enemy. It is rare that a Gatelord forgives this offense, and it may take years to prove that you are worthy of exoneration."

Your turn!

Edited by ShardplateJoe III

THE ORDER OF LAWBRINGERS

Fear the Lawbringers for they have no patience when it comes to wrongdoing.  

Modeled after the Skybreakers of old, this Order of Radiants strives to forge Law and Order out of a land of chaos.

The Lawbringers are gifted with great mobility for with them lies the surges of Gravitation and Transportation. These bastions of Light, Order and Justice strive to bring Order to the Cosmere, no matter the cost.

Attributes: WISDOM AND JUSTICE 

Surges: Gravitation and Transportation.

Oaths: Life Before Death, Strength Before Death, Journey Before Destination.

I Will Live my life by Justice, and uphold it always.

I shall seek Wisdom always.

I shall bring Order to all, no matter the cost.

I AM ORDER.

The Order: Skydancers

Attributes: Loving/Protecting

Surges: Gravitation and Abrasion

The Skydancers are an order full of joy and energy. But don't let their cheerfulness fool you, they are serious about saving you, be you human, listener or chull. There mercy can be a downfall, as they can prove to be too trusting and easily attached to any they meet.

They are master's of movement: graceful and quick.

Oaths: LBD, SBW, JBD

2nd I will protect the forgotten

3rd I will hate no one, for all have their purpose

4th I Will protect life, whatever the cost.

I AM VEGAN

Edited by Song

Willcallers:

Spren: Changespren

The embodiment of change, Willcallers have the surges of Cohesion and Transformation. Able to move waves of rock and terraform the world around them Willcallers can create amazing structures or destroy them. They are unpredictable and strange, but keen of wit. 

1st LBD SBW JBD

2nd: I will change myself for the better

3rd: I will change others for the better

4th: I will change the world for the better

5th: I am Change

Farscouts

Spren: Starpren

Surges: Transportation/Adhesion

Attributes: Curious and selfless

Farscouts use their powers to explore realms beyond Roshar, exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations.

2nd: I will not interfere in the natural development of less advanced cultures.

3rd: I will value life even if it is incomprehensible to me.

4th: I will investigate strange phenomena even if it's super dangerous and there's no obvious upside.

5th: I will boldly go where no one has gone before.

Skyshifters

Spren: Blinkspren

Surges: Gravitation/Transportation

Gemstone: Azurite

Attributes: Impulsive, optimistic

The Skyshifters have a mobility unparalleled by any, even the Windrunners and the Elsecallers. Being able to change the pull of gravity at will as well as being able to teleport from one place to another, they are masters of combat, appearing everywhere their enemies do not want them to be, and as if that were not enough, you might just get tossed into the air, only to find the Skyshifter ready and waiting.

The Skyshifter resonance grants them a natural ability to reorient themselves, granting them even more of an advantage in battle, as they will always know immediately how to Lash and how they are currently Lashed - even if they just shifted from one place to another by Elsecalling.

Skyshifters are known for taking action without thinking about the consequences, which can make them a headache for other orders, but their optimistic nature tends to make up for much of that.

First Oath: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

Second Oath: I will help those who are in need.

Third Oath: I will stand for what is right, even if doing so puts me at risk.

Fourth Oath: I will consider any advice, even if it comes from someone I disagree with completely.

Fifth Oath: I am ready.

The first Skyshifters: The Lopen, Adolin, and if he ends up on Roshar, Kelsier.

Edited by Leyrann
Added gemstone

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 11:34 AM, digitalbusker said:

Farscouts

Spren: Starpren

Surges: Transportation/Adhesion

Attributes: Curious and selfless

Farscouts use their powers to explore realms beyond Roshar, exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations.

2nd: I will not interfere in the natural development of less advanced cultures.

3rd: I will value life even if it is incomprehensible to me.

4th: I will investigate strange phenomena even if it's super dangerous and there's no obvious upside.

5th: I will boldly go where no one has gone before.

So basically, your order is Starfleet.

Order: Lightsingers (No connection to Lightsong!)

Spren: Trustspren

Surges: Division/Transportation

Attributes: Learned/Confident

Lightsingers are scholars and warriors who tend to keep to themselves, rarely appearing between battles. However, don't let their coldness put you off, Lightsingers will do anything for those they care about. They're loyal nearly to a fault. Lightsingers are also completely assured in their own abilities, and refuse to hurt children, or other people who they don't need to. They believe in absolute goodness above truth, kindness or anything else. They will not stop someone from reaching their goals. 

1st: LBD, SBW, JBD

2nd: I will protect anyone who deserves it.

3rd: I will never hurt someone that will not hurt me.

4th: I will never stop anyone from acheiving their full potential,  even if it compromises their safety.

5th: I will never stop lighting the world for others and for myself.

First Lightsingers: Adolin, Skar, (if they were on Roshar) Elend and Raoden. Probably...

58 minutes ago, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

2nd: I will protect anyone who deserves it.

3rd: I will never hurt someone that will not hurt me

Does the third oath have a built in escape clause for people who are trying to hurt people that deserve protection, or is this a deliberate Heroic BSOD trap?

49 minutes ago, digitalbusker said:

Does the third oath have a built in escape clause for people who are trying to hurt people that deserve protection, or is this a deliberate Heroic BSOD trap?

I'm slightly confused... do you mean if someone isn't trying to hurt the radiant, but is hurting someone who should be protected?

If you do, the Radiant would just have to try to protect one person without hurting the other (which sounds like something Kaladin's father would say). 

13 minutes ago, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

I'm slightly confused... do you mean if someone isn't trying to hurt the radiant, but is hurting someone who should be protected?

If you do, the Radiant would just have to try to protect one person without hurting the other (which sounds like something Kaladin's father would say). 

I'm a third-ideal light singer, and my brother is driving a trolley. He's about to run over some especially virtuous orphans, and the only way I can stop him is by pulling the switch that will send his trolley down a side track into the Angry Chasmfiend Methamphetamine Distribution Center.

My brother loves me, and would never harm me. The orphans deserve to be protected. Which of my oaths do I break?

TruthFinders

Spren: SearchSpren

Surge: Progression and Tension

Tasked with the holy order of pursuing the truth. Modeled after Jasnah's pursuit for knowledge, this order exists to right the falsehood in the world. Known to always try knowing the enemy before engaging, it is rare to find them in the battlefield, though when they appear in the battlefield, the enemy's loss is already a guarantee.

They are primarily scholars and police, their abiliy to talk to spirits of an object helps them in their investigation of crime evidence and artifacts. 

Oaths:

1st: Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before Destination

2nd: I will always pursue the truth!

3rd: I will CHALLENGE my TRUTH before I challenge others.

4rd: I will always accept the truth.....even if I hate it

5th: I WILL MAKE A LIE INTO A TRUTH!

On 1/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, Song said:

I AM VEGAN

ROFL! 

Best oath.

1 hour ago, digitalbusker said:

If it matters, go ahead and game out both branches. I'm not sure it does.

I would say if he's purposefully trying to kill them, he could definitely be killed to stop it. If it's accidental, then probably not. It's up to the individual Radiant, really. The Herald (/person) who founded the order should have done the oaths better. ;)

• 4 months later...

Order Name: Legendwielders

Spren type: Warspren

Gemstone: Onyx

Surges: Transformation and Division

Attributes: Proud, Honorable

Often nicknamed "The Order of Warmongers" by the other orders. Repeatedly tries to prove itself. Rivalry with Dustbringers and Windrunners. 

1: LBD, SBW, JBD

2: I will succeed where others fail.

3: I will keep up the fight until a clear victor is found. 

4. I will defend my pride and honor if it is threatened.

5: I am Proud.

Edited by BitBitio the Mudkip

Oder name: MercyKillers

spren type: constitution spren 

gem ; emerald

surges: progression, transformation

attributes: Health/ Culling

1. LBD SBW JBD

2. I will cleanse the Rot, So the whole can heal 

3.  The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

4. The body is the temple , I will remain pure

5.. I will Remove the impure

The mercykillers are Loners by nature . After the desolation they were sent out to the most remote areas to help rebuild Roshar. They typically go into small villages and help plant crops , act as local surgeons and teach village how to rebuild.they are against drugs like moss, alchohol and/or anything that makes the body impure . They soulcast waste into useful things like grain. Soulcast rotten plants into healthy ones . If an individual In a small town is trying to teach people bad habits or methods that will bring the whole village down Mercykillers will Cull that person rather than let the one bad Weed strangle the devolopemeht of the town . They are only allowed one squire at a time . Once the squire has bonded a spren , then that squire moves on to hiis own area and the mercykiller may adopt a new squire . With such strong surges as transformation and progression mercykillers are ideal missionary’s . They are all considered quasi-ardents and are strong Vorinist if not fanatical . All villages would do anything to attract a mercy killer to their village to rebuild 

The order of Greatdrinkers

Spren: alespren

Surges: gravitation, progression.

Ideals: 2. I will be the last one standing.

3. I will be careful while drunk.

4. I will stop drinking.

5. Just kidding. I will order more lavish beer.

Greatdrinkers are known for their love for wine and beer. And other spirits. They are great drinking buddies and were found by Jezrien before his death. They have usual problems like having world upside down (gravitation surge) and can grow own lavish for beer or heal hangover. They sleep during battles and assassinations (yeah, Dalinar was member once). They have unwritten coalition with Skybreakers. When Skybreaker arrests Greatdrinker, he gives him the best keep and stormlight for hangover healing.

Former members: Dalinar, Jezrien, Axies and Nac Mac Feegle.

On 9.02.2018 at 1:13 AM, Blackace said:

TruthFinders

Spren: SearchSpren

Surge: Progression and Tension

Tasked with the holy order of pursuing the truth. Modeled after Jasnah's pursuit for knowledge, this order exists to right the falsehood in the world. Known to always try knowing the enemy before engaging, it is rare to find them in the battlefield, though when they appear in the battlefield, the enemy's loss is already a guarantee.

They are primarily scholars and police, their abiliy to talk to spirits of an object helps them in their investigation of crime evidence and artifacts. 

Oaths:

1st: Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before Destination

2nd: I will always pursue the truth!

3rd: I will CHALLENGE my TRUTH before I challenge others.

4rd: I will always accept the truth.....even if I hate it

5th: I WILL MAKE A LIE INTO A TRUTH!

That's actually a great idea, although I feel like I could improve upon it a bit. So, here I go:

Truthseekers

Spren: Truthspren is already kinda taken, so I'll go with Sciencespren (which is just more straightforward)
Surges: Gravitation and Illumination
Resonance: Knowledge. The more you know about something, the easier it is for you to affect it (that includes physics too).
Attributes: Curiosity, Excitement

This order is your typical bunch of geeks - they value science and exploration above all. They are scholars, explorers and engineers. The surges are a great aid - Illumination is great for illustrating your work and Gravitation is useful for exploring (better than transportation, for you can view the world as you pass by). It also allows you to extend you desk by hanging books and notes in the air.

They are generally introverts, but when asked about a topic they like, they can go on for hours. They are obviusly curious and easily get excited about new ideas. However when planning something, they usually think it through. They generally don't like taking important actions hastily (unless it's connected to new sources of excitement). They are rather ambitious and sometimes like to boast, and they absolutely hate lying.

In combat they always try to gather as much information as they can before making a move. That leads to long and pretty boring duels, but they can often win even without skill. They love tricks and strategy, so they are often the ones who develop new tactics or weapons. They don't like social interaction, so they usually help people by developing technologies or engineeering stuff.

The glow of their shardplate is vibrant cyan. I'd like their gemstone to be Quartz, because computers, but I think it wouldn't fit, so I'll leave them without one for now (I know nothing about gemstones, except that they are pretty). 

Oaths:
2nd: I will always pursue the truth
3rd: I will always challenge any truth
4th: I will always accept the truth, even if it is hard
5th: I will protect the truth

Also, I'm aware that this is pretty much a more fun version of the Elsecallers.

The SoulMakers

Spren: Design Spren, these spren bond to engineers, makers, and people who make functional objects or design functional objects. Commonly bond to people who make fabrials.

Surges: Gravitation and Transformation. 

Resonance: Collective Knowledge and Experience, a SoulMaker can, after the third oath and with some effort, access the knowledge and experience of other Soulmakers. Sort of like a mental, shared coppermind. If one SoulMaker knows how to use a spear, then all of them do.

Attributes: Planning and Shielding 

This Order is largely made up of people who tinker with things. A SoulMaker can pull their designs out of thin air with great precision and are know for locking them selves away for weeks at a time to bring to life an idea they had. Those who are less inclined to build things help the others by stretching the limits of soulcasting. While most of the order avoids open combat, the ones that are drawn to it are some of the most feared warriors in the Cosmere. Their devices of destruction are known for being overkill in many cases, and have left some smaller moons in pieces. However, their peaceful inventions range from simple painrials to Fabrials that replace organs or that can reconstruct cities in a matter of days.

The Order's greatest achievement is the creation and use of the shard ships that fill the skys and space lanes of the Cosmere. An aluminum shell with many steel plates for adjusting the lashings centered around a giant Sapphire Core housing dozens of wind spren. Plates that house gravitation spren and a logic spren driven computer system. Perfect gemstone batteries and a scadrian invention that harvests investure and converts it into stormlight. These ships where made possible by the invention of artificial gems of great size and perfection.

The SoulMakers typically take on between one and five squires, the ones that bond spren advance beyond that, if they do not bond a spren, they will typically leave the order because of weirdness of it. You are still a squire until you swear the third oath. SoulMakers are very territorial and many meeting have at least one or more intellectual property right arbitration. They protect their own beyond that of other orders, this is part because of the mental connection that allows them to know if another member is in danger.

Ideals:

First: Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination

Second: I will think before I act

Third: I will listen to those around me and consider their advice

Fourth: I understand that Perfection, in life or design, is beyond my abilities

Fifth: I will seek to help society and not be blinded by pride or selfish gain.

Order type: Survivor

Spren: Hathsin Spren; Bond to individuals with traits similar to The Survivor of Hathsin

Ideals:

1. Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

2. There's

3. Always

4. Another

5. Secret

Surges: Stormlight powered allomancy and feruchemy. Plot shardplate gained at fourth ideal.

• Chaos locked this topic