Hoid drinking at the fair (Cosmere Implications)

PallonianFire

Ive been lurking this forum for a while, and finally, FINALLY finished the cosmere and now feel like I should be able to post.

Seeing as Lerasium is "the power of Preservation itself" Hoid could be using the Lerasium to create a link to Preservation and fuel his allomancy on other planets.

if the bead wasn't burned, I would assume that he would have kept the bead as a piece of Preservation, maybe he needs these pieces of bodies of the shards to reform adonalsium, I assume that is the end-game.

I have a question that is somewhat related but does not warrant its own thread. When Rock describes meeting Lunu'anaki, he describes him as having an angular face and white hair. As well as laughing at his name and beard.. And when he mentions the hair, Sigzil looks up and asks him to repeat himself, and Sigzil was apprenticed to Hod. This seems to me that Lunu'anaki is Hoid,

This is widely accepted, yes.

It also furthers my theory that only about thirty people live on Roshar. What are the odds that of every Horneater, Hoid happens to show up next to Rock, who will end up drinking one day with Hoid's apprentice?

Are you saying it has a very low population? But Hoid tends to show up to people of later interest, like Shallan. Or maybe he just wanted to laugh at his name and beard.

Edited by Redbird3000

This is widely accepted, yes.

It also furthers my theory that only about thirty people live on Roshar. What are the odds that of every Horneater, Hoid happens to show up next to Rock, who will end up drinking one day with Hoid's apprentice?

I personally chalk it up to Neil Gaman's excuse theory that the world consists of millions of worlds, each of which contain about 500 people who continually run into each other.

• Chaos locked this topic