Canton of Combat

Nohadon

Hellbent smiled at this attack, lashing just the spikes with equal force to keep them from coming out. He grinned, lashing himself further, the stormlight kept from the leeching water by an aluminum pouch he was now taking out of. He was pulled towards Devaan, and his aluminum swords flashed, right towards Devaan's neck, where he would be vulnerable, while Hellbent tapped a huge bracer of luck, enough that any leeching would be null, and it was still the most he had ever tapped, even mote then when his luck had caused an earthquake.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Ookla said:

Hellbent smiled at this attack, lashing just the spikes with equal force to keep them from coming out. He grinned, lashing himself further, the stormlight kept from the leeching water by an aluminum pouch he was now taking out of. He was pulled towards Devaan, and his aluminum swords flashed, right towards Devaan's neck, where he would be vulnerable, while Hellbent tapped a huge bracer of luck, enough that any leeching would be null, and it was still the most he had ever tapped, even mote then when his luck had caused an earthquake.

How is he sucking Stormlight from an Aluminum pouch? If the water can’t get to it, then he should be able to either.

Also, I don’t think that’s how feruchemical luck works, it can’t effect actions taken by others

Edited by Ookla the Skeptical

He's still fast, be careful.

Hellbent appeared in front of him, two pinwheels of light spinning through the air. Devaan instinctively tapped more and more nicrocil. He pushed on the spikes even harder. He also shoved on the metal minds, launching hellbent backwards. with bronze hearing, he could detect huge amounts of luck, Devaan couldn't match that by tapping alone for more then a second.

But a second was all he needed.

He shuffled his deck and drew three cards.

Ace of books, 6 of blades.

And his last joker.

the ace of books gave him more luck stores to draw on. The 6 of blades summoned an aon in the air. Tia. He wouldn't grab hold of it yet.

But the joker formed a second ethereal white chain. Tapping huge amounts of luck, the chain connected the joker nicrocilmind to hellbent.

Here's hoping it works. The card is pretty untested. investiture chains are tricky.

He tested the card's stores.

By the lord ruler. It's enormous!

He felt all of hellbent's investiture. His luck, his stormlight.

He started tapping. 

How's two people draining your reserves instead of one?

Devaan kept pushing the spikes, he needed one to give. He focused all his energy into a singular spike. giving it a huge shove.

@Ookla the Dragon Reborn

Edited by Ookla the Gambler

Sorry for the late reply. And yes, the Ghostbloods could. And hopefully will.

Hellbent felt the luck go faster. But he still had more than ever, enough to get connection to the spiritual. How's he doing this? Of course... he found a way to tap mine. But that means... I can tap his. He has some way... Hellbent, using luck in a way that specifically wouldn't effect Devaan, though his surgebinding spike was being pushed incredibly, used the last. The lashings continued, though the spike had been ripped out of his body and was now embedded in the wall. He was pulled there and... bingo! He saw the card. Wait... that means.... He smiled, and tapped Devaan's reserves. Huge amounts of feruchemic nicrosil flooded into him. He pushed, on Devaan, every bit of metal in his blood, the metalminds he wore, the vials. But not just that. He pushed out. EVERYTHING he could physically push, he did. The walls buckled, the spiek was pushed to the surface. The room expanded a hundredfold, and a huge earthquake happened on the surface. It was almost a bubble. He had pushed metal in stone, metal ore, eveyr bit of metal. And this whole time, he pushed on Devaan with the same force.

I'll allow the push but how did Hellbent key his identity to the card? It's still a metal mind. Hellbent's still pinned to the wall, right?

The Canton shook under the force of Hellbent's push.

Devaan looked up, and his Aon cloaking changed.

It was pulsating a deep red. More Aons topped his body. His limiters were removed.

Devaan stood.

and walked over to Hellbent, noticing the man's shocked face.

"This... belongs... to me"

Devaan took the card off Hellbent. The push stopped.

"You want to see true strength?" 

Devaan punched Hellbent in the stomach. A sonic boom ripped it's way through the space between the two fighters.

This is a bit overpowered I get that but it's got a lot of downsides that you can figure out so long as the fight doesn't end in a punch.

Hellbent has an aluminum spike.

Hellbent felt the punch. It hit him hard, and he left an outline in the metal plate he was sitting on. So he tapped pewter. His secret reserve. He grew to Koloss sizes, then grew further. He still had pain, and his stomach was bleeding, and he had cracked ribs, but he was still strong. He smiled, then tackled Devaan, tapping steel and attempting to rip off the arm with the card.

Hellbent has a lot of spikes. A rioter could take him over without trouble.

@Ookla the Gambler

Hellbent gripped Devaan's forearm. Searing hot pain arced up like lighting through his arm. He gritted his teeth and tapped determination. He slid the card through his sleeve and into his undershirt pocket, never once breaking contact with it. The card rested against his chest. 

He heard a loud pop and his right arm ripped free, tearing like paper. It immediately started to grow back, slowly but surely. Devaan jumped into the air and shot a knee into Hellbent's throat, landing and aiming a kick at his kneecap. Devaan kept storing his hearing, protecting him as much as he could from the sonic booms he created, they reverberated around the room. Devaan's bones shattered and rehealed with every kick, every punch and every strike. The aon cloaking changed to a blood red. He was growing faster, stronger the more injured he got. 

Every time he injured himself, the spirit chain kicked in, Devaan was healing through it but the loop kept going.

So how this works - out of character knowledge by the way - is that Devaan has no more resistance or toughness Aons, they are all speed and strength, his muscles and bones can't take the amount of power he is outputting, so they are rapidly tearing and healing, the healing doesn't go over to hellbent but the damage does, additionally, the more damaged Devaan is, the stronger he is, this is done through the Aons for flesh and power, also pure adrenaline. He's healing through stormlight, AonDor, Feruchemy and allomatic pewter combined. Here's what he's done to his body, combine that to the damage he did to hellbent with each attack:

Shattered Knuckles

Right Arm torn off (ligaments and arteries ruptures)

Snapped ankle and torn tendon in the left leg

Shattered left kneecap

Broken right ankle.

I'll also factor in the damage Devaan is doing to Hellbent which is reflected by the spirit web. He's healing through it, but it's a near thing. Hellbent's one of the few characters who has forced Devaan to go all out like this, one of the others was a phoenix. the other two times were against a fullborn and [REDACTED]

@Ookla the Dragon Reborn

Had to @Ark

Oh, sorry, I somehow missed this.

He will probably have to use his last bit of Feruchemical healing for this, crap...

"AH! HELL!" He felt pain, pain from multiple things. He had trained to deal with pain, but damage from shattered knuckles, a feeling like his right arm had been torn off, his ankle, his leg, his kneecap, his right ankle... it was too much. He felt overwhelming amounts of pain. He bled, blood mixing with his tears, sweat, snot, spit. He couldn't control himself. He spasmed uncontrollably. NO. I. AM. HELLBENT. I WILL NOT BREAK. He reached through the pain, and remade himself, and was reborn, a new force. He smiled, tapping the rest of his feruchemic healing to beat it. Then, he teleported. He still had his alleylantrian spike, with all the implications of it. From directly behind Devaan, he hit an AOn in his armor. An uncontrollable firestorm washed out of him, incredibly hot, blue, white, never red or yellow. I WILL NOT BREAK!!!\

@Ookla the Gambler

A white storm of fire enveloped Devaan. He reflexively dipped into his stores and..

nothing.

He was running on fumes, the only metalmind that was close to full was the card in his shirt pocket.

The card that linked to hellbents investiture.

Devaan reached into the card, looking for the right investiture. He saw it happen earlier in the fight, he figured it out.

Just before the storm hit, Devaan began to subtly glow.

He became fireproof, running through the fire, dancing in it, becoming a part of it. Leaping out of it and Kicking hellbent in the jaw, aiming a flaming fist at Hellbent’s ribcage and darting back into the fire. @Kidpen

I don't think that would work, it's the connection to the phoenix. It would probably do at least a bit, as your connection wouldn't be as strong.

A fist hit his ribs, cracking them slightly. He grimaced, tackling Devaan, throwing his arms around him. Then he used division. He didn't need stormlight for it, it came from the Alleylantrian spike. Huge waves, enough to kill a Chasmfiend, all radiated into Devaan, into his arms, where Hellbent's hands were.

@Ookla the Gambler

Edited by Kidpen

Devaan clad his hands in shardplate. His long-silent spren screamed. Devaan was so invested that the plate, combined with all his aons, blocked most of the division

It still hurt like hell. He wondered how Hellbent would be feeling, the damage being reflected to him as well.

How did he do that?  I pushed out his surgebinding spike.

Devaan locked his arms around Hellbent's and slammed his forehead into Hellbent's. He then followed up with a knee to the ribs

@Kidpen

CRAP. The knee hit where the punch had, and he started to bleed. Oh, HELL. And with damage from the division hitting him, he wasn't doing well. He knew he needed to stop this. So he swallowed a pouch, then leeched. He burned duralumin, increasing the power. He leeched every bit of investiture he could. 

@Ookla the Gambler

Edited by Ark1002

Wait, I’m sure I remember replying to this post, so sorry to keep you waiting, I won’t be on too often during the holidays though. Sorry for the minor godmodding, if there is an issue let me know, it’s dialogue though.

Devaan’s last act before he lost investiture was to tap all of hellbent’s away.

Two fighters stood across from each other, broken and bleeding, no magic left, Devaan’s sight began to blur, he could barely stand. How could he fight this?

Your enemy knows nothing of what you are going through. Only their own troubles, you must seem strong when you are at your weakest. This is the core of Tarot. The way you wish to fight.

Fighting is a confidence game.

Devaan heard the words of his old teacher, he smiled and stood up, raising his shattered fists, pretending not to feel the bolts of pain arcing through his body.

”Lets finish this Nightshade, that was your last name, right? When you were a man?”

“When I was human, yes”

”You still are a man, deep inside there. Just pretty horrible one”

Devaan kept up his gaurd and walked steadily towards hellbent

@Ark1002

That seems just like the dramatic line I like, so let's go!

Hellbent walked towards him, even his Alleylantrian spike now useless. He wanted this to be satisfying. He knew he was the stronger of the two, uninvested. He was the physical peak the human body could reach. He stepped forward, through the pain. They were both in a terrible shape. As he got closer, his face darkened. "I'm not a man." The eye of fire glowed brighter. "I'm something more." He tackled Devaan.

Hellbent tackled, hundreds of years of fighting experience showed him what to do next. Hellbent might have been faster.

But Devaan Sheonar, a name given to him by the Dakhor was almost unparalleled in skill.

Devaan spun, a knee to Hellbent’s stomach. Devaan screamed as his shattered kneecap hit where one of Hellbent’s ribs were sticking out

Why is there a rib in his stomach?

Devaan dismissed the thought and quickly shot a left jab straight for the throat, his right hand had two fingers outstretched, going for the eyes.

Hellbent hit Devaan. The two fighters went down, summoning up their last dregs of strength in a bloody scramble up, Hellbent straddled Devaan, and with a grunt, snapped the terrisman’s arm. Devaan cried out in pain, reaching his remaining arm up and locking it around Hellbent’s throat, the stranglehold taking effect, Hellbent rocked and roared, but couldn’t shake Devaan, who just smiled weakly, everything going dark around both fighters. Hellbent’s body went limp, and Devaan let go, a single tear rolled down his eyes.

I’m so sorry Max he thought, closing his eyes one final time.

There, in the chamber under the canton of combat, in a cold arena, did the two fighters, Hellbent and Devaan, die.

There they lay, next to each other, two corpses that were discovered the next day by Silphio, who was wandering around the tunnel system.

In the cognitive realm, Devaan and Hellbent looked at each other.

”Good fight” Devaan told him

”You killed us both Sheonar”

”You were the one that came to me!” 

Harmony appeared in front of them.

”Gentlemen. You two know how this goes, be eased by your passing” The god explained

”Sazed, from one Terris to another, you’re doing a great job at godhood”

”Thank you, Tawrendal”

”Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. But I’m not done here”

”Neither am I” Hellbent told Harmony

Devaan started to flicker, he was fading... somewhere.

”But the world might be done with me” He turned and punched Hellbent in the face, one last time.

Hellbent and Devaan both disappeared from the cognitive realm.

”That felt... Different, maybe cause Hellbent didn’t stab me this time” Harmony said out loud to no one.

Don’t worry, me and ark talked about this, if there is a problem, let me know. Hellbent and Devaan will make a return in Era 3.