Canton of Combat

Nohadon

Big mistake, Tarsaan. 

Tena got really mad. In fact, she was downright fuming at the big ole spike in her chest. “I hate men,” she mumbled. 

The explosive went off behind her. She stumbled towards the enraged shades. Thankfully, she had her silver claws on. 

Suffice to say, the shades soon wished they had never been born. 

She glared at the impassive girl at the other end of the room, then took out a redwood seed from her pocket. She placed it on the ground. She used Progression. Soon, the tree had grown several hundred feet high and destroyed the ceiling of the room. She Steelpushed out of the roof and waited, watching all of the possible ways out of the Canton. 

Eventually, she got sick of waiting for the villain and his traitorous accomplice. She landed in the door of the Canton and stormed inside, flipping off any who dared to approach her. She found Klasten easily.

Actually, she found two Klastens being fired at by some Blood Angels. She created a strong Push bubble around her and stormed right at both of them, casually throwing a Shardax at Kicker’s chest. “One of you,” she declared, “has made me really mad. I’ll happily dismember and de-spike both of you if no one feels forthcoming.” She tapped the spike in her chest pointedly.

@Archer

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

12 minutes ago, Grey Knight said:

Sparks suddenly erupted around Tarsaan as a squad of Blood Angels fired down the hallway. The ceiling lights went red, then died, plunging the Canton into complete darkness. 

Way to make an entrance, GK! 

And nice escape Ax. I hadn't even thought using Progression.

Tena's voice was lost in the din of the artillery fire. From Klasten's position next to one of the soldiers, he caught glimpses of her in the muzzle flashes. He quickly lost track of her though, as the total darkness made it difficult to see. "SLAY THEM ALL!" Klasten commanded, waving his broom like a sword, relishing the taste of battle. 

Meanwhile, Tarsaan was thrown from his saddle when Kicker collapsed from the Shardax and gunshot wounds. As he fell, he snatched the aluminum rifle from Kicker's saddlebags. Using the horse's body as cover, he fired a few shots back down the hall. His head was blasted off as he did so, but he quickly regrew it. 

"You knaves! You shall pay for this insult!" he called to his attackers. It was unclear if anyone heard him in all the confusion. 

Tena rolled her eyes and tried to kick the mean Klasten’s head off, which would mean that he no longer had a skull. The only thing that gave off light in the entire room was the stormlight flowing from her eyes. Her eyes burned with hatred. She took a few aluminum bullets, then Klasten’s magazine ran out.

Tena's foot connected with Tarsaan's chin. His head snapped back with an unpleasant noise reminiscent of a whip. It hit the ground, still attached to his neck by a few threads of sinew. In response, Tarsaan grabbed Kicker's body and hurled it at Tena (which was quite impressive, given Kicker's weight).

Meanwhile, Klasten got bored and decided to go exploring. He found a stairwell and took it to the floor above them. There, he discovered the hole Tena's tree had made. Curious, he slid down the tree and into the vault. "YOOOO HOOOO! ANYBODY HOME?" he called. No one answered. "Can I take all your valuables?" Klasten whispered. "Say nothing if the answer is yes."

No one replied, not even the shades, for they'd been slain by Tena.

"Awesome!" Klasten looked around, and found Tarsaan's bag lying on the floor near the old entrance. "Oooh. Nice use of Expander's Glass," he noted. He then proceeded to shovel all the gold coins, shiny objects, and colourful rocks he could find in the vault into the bag.

Tena got hit by the massive horse and grunted, then climbed over the corpse and stalked to Klasten. She casually summoned two Shardaxes into her hands and buried one deep in what remained of his neck and the other into his chest. She realized that she was fighting a Kandra and checked for any odd Allomantic pulses, which was made impossible by the rain of artillery fire that was flying away from her.

@Archer

10 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

She realized that she was fighting a Kandra

What gave it away? :D

Klasten worked diligently. There was no clear pattern to what he stole. Some things he put in the bag, others he didn't. Pile of gold coins? Yup. Harsmway? Nope. Silver-plated catapult? Wouldn't fit, but he did take the wheels. Eventually, he'd pillaged all the shiny things he could find. The vault was now noticeably more empty. "That should be enough," he said to himself. Lithely, he climbed up the tree and out of the vault. Pulling a Tia card from his pocket, he teleported away. 

He'll be back.

Meanwhile, Tarsaan was having a worse day than Tena. The walls continued to explode around him, blowing chunks of plaster everywhere. And there was the small matter of the ax in his chest. Fortunately, he kept all of his valuable organs in his leg. With great effort, he regrew an eye so he could glare at Tena. Then he hugged her. It was more of a death-grip attempting to squeeze the life out of her, but it looked a bit like a hug.

Edited by Archer

“You are really annoying,” Tena said sarcastically at the Kandra-Klasten. “Can I take a wild guess and say that you’re actually Mace? Because that’s how the plot rolls, apparently.” She Slicked herself completely and slid away. She unSlicked and stood up, toying her the edge of her very much bloodstained and torn shirt. “Oh, and you’re threatening my nonexistent modesty.”

Tarsaan had a really witty response prepared. He just couldn't say it because he was headless. So instead, he stood up and raised his fists defensively.

Then Klasten hit him in the back with a silver catapult wheel. "I love Tia cards!" he said happily. "Sorry for the delay, I had to go off-world to hide a bag of... nevermind what. Where's the-" He cut off as Tarsaan kicked him in the gut. Tarsaan then grabbed his throat and began to squeeze. If he could talk, he would have made demands that Tena surrender, but he couldn't, so he just held Klasten between the two of them to block any oncoming attacks. 

Edited by Archer

Tena sighed and said something snarky about testosterone-fueled boys, but nobody could hear it because of the artillery fire. She  turned her spren into an ax and dodged around the real Klasten, throwing her Shardax at the Kandra’s chest, but missed her target and hit Kandra-Klasten in the leg instead. 

‘I don’t always condone the use of convenient plot devices...’

On 1/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, Nohadon said:

Yours is,  but this is another one! Now, try it on!

ok, good, now, touch a wall, ah yes, by that look I can see you noticed, this ENTIRE building is one giant speedmind! If anyone attacks us, let them try get past this! It took a compounder friend WEEKS! To fill this thing halfway! 

Muahaha.

Nights! The world needs to hear my banter! thought Tarsaan. He groped around on the ground to find his head. He couldn't, but he did find Kicker's body, so he decided to make do. He tore Kicker's head off, and affixed it where his head used to be. Huh. So that's why we don't mix skeletons, he thought to himself as nothing useful happened. Time to enact my special defensive maneuver: the Harlem Shake!

The kandra began to shake, moving erratically. His movements caused Tena to miss his chest, hitting him in the leg instead. It cleaved it right off. I can work with this, he thought. Fortunately, the leg wasn't the one he kept his brain in. In an incredible display of acrobatics, he kicked his leg into the middle of the hallway. Guesting towards it with the universal hand sign for save the rock from being destroyed by the barrage of gunfire, or catch me? Which will it be, hero? he indicated that Tena should choose between two options, thus revealing her true character. Without waiting to see what she chose, he started hopping away. 

Klasten, who was still very confused, stuck out his leg and tripped him. He then started beating the kandra mercilessly with his broom.

And so, Tarsaan died. His last thought was OH-EE-OH-EE-OH-EE-AW-EE-AW! 

Klasten looked on. When he was convinced that his double was no longer a threat, he called out to the Blood Angels. "You can cease fire! We got him."

Or did they?

"He is definitely deceased. Tena's pulled out all his spikes."

Yeah? Or did she miss one?

"And now's she's counting them to make sure she got all of them. Good work Tena."

I give up.

"Well done everyone. Now, let's all agree to not tell Kestraal what happened, and hope he doesn't notice the damage."

6 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Ten used the huge steelmind below her feet, running over to the Kandra’s leg and, conveniently, immediately finding the shadestone. She then ran back to Klasten and pushed him aside mercilessly, searching the Kandra for spikes and taking them out.

Oh. Oh no no no. Oh no. This won't end well. I suggest you start running.

Tena had downed the security shades. The vault was under attack.

Devaan sighed. He was in the training grounds right now, about to approach his son.

"What's wrong" Astiel smiled at him

"Was this your doing? Did you attack the canton?" 

Astriel looked genuinely suprised

"Guess not then"

"Someone's attacking the canton?" He asked

"Yes. I have to sort it out."

"Bring me with you" 

"Hell no"

Devaan changed places with the dummy, and saw Tena holding the shadestone.

"That belongs to me" Devaan's voice was a low hum, he didn't appreciate being robbed.

He felt the steel mind was less full, not by much, but still there. He quickly keyed it to his identity by tapping his aluminuminds.

Devaan's bare foot brushed against the steel floor, he breathed in stormlight from the surrounding sphere's and summoned his shardblade.

"I'll give you one chance to return it. I'm not in the best of moods today. So don't push me"

@Archer @AxeliustheGreat

you're welcome to try and fight Devaan in the middle of his canton, but that won't be an easy fight.

Kestraal was in a foul mood. He hadn't met his dealer, and Devaan was in the canton, making it harder to hide his addiction from him. He stared at the giant tree that had formed in the canton building. That would take at least an hour to fix. 

He allowed his skin to glow a soft silver and drew an aon in the air, Tia, and teleported next to Devaan.

“Oh, hi,” Tena said to Devaan, “fancy seeing you h-“ She pulled out a Tia card and grabbed Klastens arm, teleporting them both to her house. She let go of Klasten’s arm and fidgeted, smiling. 

“I haven’t had this much fun since I was young and carefree,” she said to Klasten, punching him on the arm, nearly knocking him over. “Sooo, do you know where any of the other stones are? Because I am so ready for more adventure!” 

A look of realization came across her face and she took a few steps away from Klasten, then a few more. She backed right out of her kitchen and ended up at the rail of her balcony. Why do I always realize that they’re male too late.

@Archer

Ioc appeared in a flash of beige right next to Tena, wearing a big smile.

"Hey, guys, good work at the Canton!" It exclaimed. "Man, that was a good fight. Also, I need your assistance. Bye, Klastan!"

Ioc grabbed Tena by the arm and teleported again, taking Tena with it.

I'll be off the entire weekend guys. 

Ax look at the waystop thread for something that might be important.

@AxeliustheGreat

3 hours ago, Nohadon said:

[Son], did you attack the canton?

^ WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK TO ASK THAT?

Klasten (the real one) watched her cook. He picked up a bottle of hot sauce and absentmindedly poured it on half the tacos. He liked food with a kick.

"Why did we choose the hardest building to break into? You're a Ghostblood, you could have easily waltzed into their vault and found their stone. I could have found the TUBA one with ease, but no, we had to pick the Canton." He stared out the window.

"If we hit those to spots next, it should be easy. No resistance, just a simple in and out. We could have three rocks by sundown. Could. But at what cost?"

He raised the bottle to make a toast. "Here's to Kicker, a no-good, rotten traitor, terrible dancer, awful singer, and my best friend. Rest in peace." He grabbed a half-cooked taco from the pan. "I can't tell if my heart is in this or not. I'm not even sure if we're going about this the right way. I need to take some time to think." 

Klasten raised the bottle to his lips, then in one fluid motion, chugged it down. He needed an excuse to cry. 

Tena patted Klasten on the back, completely unused to comforting people instead of killing them. She finished the chicken tacos and ate one of the ones that Klasten had dumped in ghost pepper sauce. The same ghost pepper sauce was now making Klasten’s eyes water. Tena silently handed him another of the ghost pepper tacos.

She raised her own taco in the air like it was a shot glass of whiskey. “To a good horse,” she said quietly. She finished off her taco and took one of the non-spicy tacos.

Well, might as well annoy Archer while I'm here.

@Archer

Can we just appreciate for a second that everyone is using Tia cards because of Devaan? He should get a royalty fee of five Chrysts each time.

Kestraal ran to the other guilds and told them the shade stone was missing. He knew the protocol.

Devaan walked back to the training ground.

22 minutes ago, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

The actual one who popularised the Aon Tia card was me. You were the first person in canon to utilise Aon cardsbut I wasthe first one to actually use Aon Tia cards back when I was doing the whole alleyverse assemble thing.

*cough* Rashan Vs Devaan *cough*

4 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Idk, I’m still confused on how they work, cuz, don’t they require a specific measurement to go to a specific place, does that mean that like, everyone has thousands of cards for every situation?

My headcanon was that they work using magnets. No one really knows how magnets work. They tap into that magical ambiguity. 

Either that or they use a version of an FTL communication network to signal an information-center with a database of locations that sends back the appropriate distance and direction, allowing the onboard micro-stylus to draw the appropriate modifier to complete the aon.  

5 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Also, I thought only elantrian a could use the Dor

Only if they caught. :ph34r: