Canton of Combat

Nohadon

On 4/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, MoHaam said:

I apologise but I have my reasons to leave the canton of combat for reasons

"ah, that's a shame my friend, you are free to go, but if you feel like joining back. tell me. shall we fight side by side in the arena? for old times sake?" the ragged man says. to Riathor

"you will always be welcome here, brother Riathor" Devaan mutters under his breath.

Devaan watches the man leave and sighs.
He enters the steel fort and with a burst of speed runs into a hidden room, no one saw him move.

Inside is a blade rack, with four shelves, one for a sword. two are missing, but there are two remaining swords, one of them glows with a grey light. pulsating to the ancient parshendi rhythm of the stars, Devaan takes it, "one last gift" he says, and walks out, determined to give the sword away

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Suddenly, a dramatic drumroll sounded. It increased in speed and volume as Klasten and Kicker rode dramatically into the room. Klasten was beating a small drum. He stopped and dismounted because riding a horse indoors is a bad idea. 

Then, he looked around

And tagged @Nohadon to see what he saw. Preferably shiny rocks that have been left out in the open and can easily be stolen. 

3 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Kestraal, CoC member walked up and saw Klasten wandering around and searching the canton.

"Oi! You got an invite?" He asked Klasten

@Archer

Klasten nudged Kicker, who slipped away quietly. He then made a show of patting his pockets. "I know I put it in one of these. I just can't seem to find it at the moment!" he said, trying to sound innocent. "I'm always losing things. Just last week, I lost a piece of paper. It was beige, very small. Easy to miss. I'm still looking for it." 

Kestraal didn't look impressed, so Klasten changed tactics. "If I didn't have my WHAT THE HOID IS THAT?!" He pointed dramatically at the side of the room. Kicker stood there, trying to tap dance. It was a weird sight. 

"That looks super important! You'd better check it out. Immediately!" Klasten reached into his bag and pulled out the first thing he could find. "Look out, a Mistwraith!" He threw the object, a priceless Sellish vase, into the air. "It's gonna kill us all. EVERYBODY PANIC!" He flailed his arms and ran in small circles as he screamed. 

"THE END IS NI- Oh. You're not buying it, are you? Crem." He motioned for Kicker to stop dancing. The vase hit the floor and shattered. "Can we, er, pretend that never happened? I've got a good repairman routine that might work. Or not. How's about you just tell me what I need to know, when I need to know it, so it's knowledge in my head, see? OR ARE YOU GOING TO DISOBEY A DIRECT ORDER? I didn't think so! Now tell me where you keep the important rocks and/or riddles that lead to them, soldier! I need to know by yesterday." 

Klasten glared at Kestraal, waiting impatiently for a reply. 

Kestraal sighed. He dealt with people similar to this fairly often.

"You know the word you just said there? order?"

He drew two inquisitor hatchets

"That's how I know you ain't part of this canton, and that's how I Know you ain't got permission to be here"

"So here are your options. You can come back with a handwritten note from Devaan, you can 'find' your invite , you could leave now and never come back" Kestraal grinned, it had been some time since he had to fight someone

"Or you could die here, sir"

Kestraal's skin began to glow silvery-white.

@Archer

Devaan teleported to outside the canton of combat

"Hey! Open up!" He shouted to a blood angel on duty.

@Grey Knight

Edited by Nohadon

Devaan walked through the gates and saw Kestraal dealing with someone. Probably his seller, no matter how hard Devaan tried, he couldn't break the guardsman's fire moss addiction. He'd have to deal with him later. For now, he walked up a spiral staircase and into the guards quarters. Room 1-B was where the blood angels lived usually, a wide spacious room that fit all the marines under one roof. 

Devaan knocked on the door.

"Alright, You have five seconds to hide anything you don't want me to see!" He called out to the door

five seconds later, Devaan walked in.

@Grey Knight

The hall was empty. Devaan's footsteps echoed in the massive hall, which stretched nearly all the way across the fortress.

Other footsteps sounded, walking towards Devaan. A red-eyed giant, armored in green ceramite, carrying a flaming sword on his shoulder. Dozens of war honors were inscribed on his plate, but his chestplate was blank, save for a single single name written below the golden Aquila.

Drako He'stan, warmaster of the Black Crusade, looked grimly at his old friend.

"We need to talk," he said.

@Nohadon

21 hours ago, Nohadon said:

.... "Or you could die here, sir"

Kestraal's skin began to glow silvery-white.

Fine. Plan E it is then, thought Klasten with a shudder. Moving with blinding speed, he upholstered his handgun. He held it up aggressively.

"Here's how it's gonna go, son. You look like you know your way around here. I'm sure you know where to find the rock mentioned in this riddle." He fished the card he'd gotten at the Hall out of his pocket and tossed it at Kestraal. "Now, I'd like you tell me where it is. I'm sure as a military man you can appreciate fine weaponry. Believe me when I tell you this gun is top quality. If you help me out, it's yours. Use it to train your acolytes or something."

Klasten dropped the gun and kicked it over to the other man. "I guarantee that if we fight, you will win. Let's just skip that bit and get to the part where I find the treasure and we part ways. Remember, this isn't a 'bribe', it's a 'gift of friendship'." He flashed Kestraal his most disarming (in more ways than one) smile as he did the air-quotes to emphasize his point. 

Kestrel studied the card and the riddle, he knew the handwriting "Welcome to the canton of combat sir, I'll still be taking that gun of yours though. It's rude to decline a 'gift of friendship' after all"

"5 stones, In 5 guilds, huh? Well if you want to find a special stone, there are three places you could look." 

"You could look in the shin quarter, they have some stone shrines there, but they think ALL stones are special, we had to give em seperate quarters so they don't have to see the crater" Kestraal remembered the first time a shin canton member saw the crater that surrounded this place

"Or you could look in the armoury, that's got a fair amount of gemstones for stormlight."

"The last place, however is the vault, and good luck getting in there! It takes three keys to open in unison, all of them worn around Devaan's neck! Breaking in is tougher, you have to fight through us, then somehow dig through the compressed steelmind which is coated in aluminium. Then you have to get past the shades on the inside." Kestraal said the last part boastfully

"But, no one knows what's after that, or even what's inside."

@Archer

6 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

The hall was empty. Devaan's footsteps echoed in the massive hall, which stretched nearly all the way across the fortress.

Other footsteps sounded, walking towards Devaan. A red-eyed giant, armored in green ceramite, carrying a flaming sword on his shoulder. Dozens of war honors were inscribed on his plate, but his chestplate was blank, save for a single single name written below the golden Aquila.

Drako He'stan, warmaster of the Black Crusade, looked grimly at his old friend.

"We need to talk," he said.

"Of course, Drako" Devaan preferred to use his name, rather then his title. He Subtly took of his shoe so he was touching the steel ground.

"What is it?"

59 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"The last place, however is the vault, and good luck getting in there! It takes three keys to open in unison, all of them worn around Devaan's neck! Breaking in is tougher, you have to fight through us, then somehow dig through the compressed steelmind which is coated in aluminium. Then you have to get past the shades on the inside." Kestraal said the last part boastfully.

It's always the most dangerous sounding option. Except in BoM. Hmmmm. Conveniently, Devaan is nearby. 

But let's see how Plan A goes first.

Klasten bowed. "Thank you, friend. You've been most helpful." 

He turned away. Raising a finger to his ear, he began to talk quietly. "Alpha team, how's it going up there? These guys aren't easy to distract, you know. Please tell me you've secured the objective."

On the other end of the line, Kicker snorted. Klasten sighed. "Congratulations. A whole room you say? Searched top to bottom. Wow. Fabulous. YES, THAT WAS SARCASM. We'll rendezvous at your location. Where did you say you were?"

Kicker snorted again. Klasten tilted his head. "Wait a minute, how did we get radios? How are we even having this conversation? Kicker?" He turned around, and found the horse standing a few meters to the left of him. "You searched this room? You are absolutely hopeless, you know that?" Annoyed, he shot an apologetic glance at Kestraal. 

"C'mon then, let's go find Devaan. He sounds nice. Maybe he'll just give us the keys." Resignedly, the two of them started walking down the hall in search of the man with the keys. 

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

"Of course, Drako" Devaan preferred to use his name, rather then his title. He Subtly took of his shoe so he was touching the steel ground.

"What is it?"

Drako sighed, noticing Devaan slip off his shoe. Even after sixteen years, the old drake was as paranoid as ever. That was part of the problem, honestly.

"Devaan, you know what I'm talking about," he said. "I send a pupil to you, and you beat him into the ground. Do you even realize how much damage you caused to the dreadnought chasis?"

He stepped closer, looming over Devaan. "Six-thousand years, Devaan. That dreadnought was a priceless relic of the Iron Hands, and now it's gone, thanks to you."

Devaan froze

"Orren... He's dead? I. I did not know. I wasn't doing that well when I did that. I overreacted."

Devaan paced around the barracks, his condition was getting worse. It was time to tell someone about it.

"Drako, for the past three hundred years, since I ended up in roshar, I've dealt with a bane. I don't remember my visit, that was part of the deal, and neither do I remember my boon."

"What does this have to do with anything?" Drako snarled

"My morality is... inconsistent. to say the least. It will change randomly. I fear one day I may go over the edge. Apparently the condition is getting worse, I felt no guilt when I hurt Orren. But I do now. I owe you a debt. How do I repay it?"

@Grey Knight

Devaan felt something, his life sense found another person was approaching from behind.

@Archer

Kestraal left Klasten, admiring the gun, he had fifteen minutes before he was off shift, he was out of firemoss, his dealer would have to meet with him someplace else as Devaan was in the canton. That was a worry. Kestraal began to walk about alleycity until he reached the backup meeting place

Edited by Nohadon

13 hours ago, Archer said:

"C'mon then, let's go find Devaan. He sounds nice. Maybe he'll just give us the keys." Resignedly, the two of them started walking down the hall in search of the man with the keys.

A red-armored space marine stepped in front of Klasten.

"Shove off," he said, raising his bolter threateningly. "This section is off limits."

10 hours ago, Nohadon said:

"Orren... He's dead? I. I did not know. I wasn't doing that well when I did that. I overreacted."

Devaan paced around the barracks, his condition was getting worse. It was time to tell someone about it.

"Drako, for the past three hundred years, since I ended up in roshar, I've dealt with a bane. I don't remember my visit, that was part of the deal, and neither do I remember my boon."

"What does this have to do with anything?" Drako snarled

"My morality is... inconsistent. to say the least. It will change randomly. I fear one day I may go over the edge. Apparently the condition is getting worse, I felt no guilt when I hurt Orren. But I do now. I owe you a debt. How do I repay it?"

"Boon? Bane? Devaan, what are you talking about?" 

Remember, Drako is a stranger here. He doesn't know who the Nightwatcher is.

Edited by Grey Knight