Canton of Combat

Nohadon

IMPORTANT:

While all are welcome to the Canton of Combat, we do not agree with the DA's business. the Fact that someone would spike another without giving them a fighting chance is just horrible!

after some time deciding, I have come to the conclusion that the spikesulate will be removed from my Canton and we will take a more active approach AGAINST the DA. This will allow members opposed to the DA to speak openly, I think @Mistspren and @Archer would be pleased to hear this, as I have seen them advertise against Spiked Cookies on the welcome board. feel free to join! 

8 hours ago, Nohadon said:

IMPORTANT:

While all are welcome to the Canton of Combat, we do not agree with the DA's business. the Fact that someone would spike another without giving them a fighting chance is just horrible!

after some time deciding, I have come to the conclusion that the spikesulate will be removed from my Canton and we will take a more active approach AGAINST the DA. This will allow members opposed to the DA to speak openly, I think @Mistspren and @Archer would be pleased to hear this, as I have seen them advertise against Spiked Cookies on the welcome board. feel free to join! 

"THIS IS BETRAYAL!! How could you do such a vile act?" The man in the suit stood there, spittle flying from his mouth, "You will bring the hate of the Dark Alleys against you for doing this. Do you have any Idea who you are messing with?  I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Dark Alley, and I’ve been involved in numerous sales agreements and secret raids on anti-hemalurgists, and I have over 300 confirmed hemalurgic bind points that I discovered. I am trained in combat with over 3 separate magic systems and I’m the best fighter in the entire Dark Alley*. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you and your canton out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the cosmere, mark my storming words. You think you can get away with saying that rust to me in this dark canton? Think again, slontze. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the cosmere and we are readying our weapons so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re storming dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in steel pushing combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Dark Alley and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable chull off the face of the alleys, you little slontze. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “noble” betrayal was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your storming tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you storming idiot. I will crap fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re storming dead, kiddo."

Turning around he reached his hand out, and all of the cookies in the canton flew toward him into a bag that he held. Throwing the sack over his shoulder he paced out.

*Not really

Edited by MacThorstenson

After seeing the man storm off, The lord prelaw absently runs his steel manacles strapped, but untied on his arms, his ragged convict jerkin dragging as he pokes is head outside, blinking from the sight of daylight.

"neat!"

He calls to the very angry man, who has a very colourful and interesting vocabulary

turning back around, he looks at the small group of people that just amassed "sorry folks, no fight today, but maybe later" he says, returning back to his steel stool

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Kidpen said:

I would like to join as the Liebrarian Ambassador. Please note that although we support the DA, we do not use hemalurgy ourselves. For my battle, Shasta with most basic lenses against Shallan.

How much stormlight does shallan have and where is the battle taking place?

8 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

By basic lenses do you mean warriors lenses?

9 hours ago, MoHaam said:

How much stormlight does shallan have and where is the battle taking place?

Whoops, I forgot that Shasta wasn't an oculator. Shallan with an hours worth of stormlight vs. a generic oculator with Oculators lenses, trackers lenses, and firebringers lenses. Shallan has no knowledge of any of these, and the oculator has no knowledge of radiants. It takes place on top of the worldspire. No soulcasting the worldspire.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

For clarification, did the DA actually collapse or is it just not participating in this new RP system? cause the latter was my understanding.

it isn't participating in the new RP system, which essentially means that it collapsed. or at least i think that's what happened

Edited by Nohadon

2 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Collapsed is a strong term.

fair point, but RP wise, it is gone, so what do we call it when a guild decides to leave the RP? instead of collapsed, maybe... Fractured? or Missing?

Out of my way? (JK)

Edited by Nohadon

@Nohadon The DA did not collapse.

the DoCI did, but the DA will continue our baking. 

I legitimately removed the DA from the RP system because hemalurgy is OP, people have a narrative reason to give themselves more powers and that is the strength of it.

If we forbade the adding of powers, then the DA is under powered because of the holes hemalurgy makes in your spirit web. If we forbade having more powers then anyone else why would you even join the DA? the main benefits granted by hemalurgy were too OP to balance.

I propose the following fight for my application:

Kelsier vs. a Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

On the one hand, the space marine is a heavy, armored giant with a rapid-firing rocket launcher. On the other hand, he's covered in Pushable metal, and he's going against the best Steelpusher in Mistborn.

Who wins?