Canton of Combat

Nohadon

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

(If a bit un-cosmereish, this should be fun)

Ok, who would win:

Alcatraz- Pretty complete knowledge of his powers

Vasher- Using only awakening

Vin- normal mistborn

Place- City of Elantris post Shaod and pre-revival of aons.

Keep in mind there is not much loose metal in Elantris and likewise with awakening opportunities. 

Alcatraz. I think he'd be able to break Vin's Allomancy, as well as any awakened objects Vasher sent after him, and his Lenses give him a pretty easy way to finish off the others after nullifying their powers.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

An Embassy of Hemalurgy... a Consulate of spikes... A SPIKESULATE!!!

@Nohadon, may we set up a small spikesulate in the Canton of Combat?

Yes, yes, yes! @Maelstrom and @MacThorstenson you guys are geniuses!

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

(I'm assuming that Vasher has no nightblood, and Vin has all of the metals that she new about.)

I'm not sure about the abilities of this Alcatraz kid are, but out of Vasher and Vin, Vin would easily win, no rhyme intended.

The thing is, Awakening isn't really a combative art. What I mean by that, is that without preparation, awakening a really powerfull sword or creating an army of lifeless, awakening isn't as useful in a fight. The average awaken-er would loose to the average mistborn. Of course neither of these are average, but the point still stands. Without nightblood and his aluminum, sheath, Vin can use atium to destroy Vasher. Most of Vasher's strengths come from his knowledge and ability to make tools to assist him in fights.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2018 at 1:05 PM, Nohadon said:

Yeah, at least we have a chance with this! Regardless, i have to sleep, so I leave with one question.

BoM Kelsier VS The Lord Ruler VS Susebron VS Mist-Burning (mistpoint) Vin?

I think that we can agree that Susebron is kinda screwed. The main advantage of awakening relies on being heavily experienced and having time to prepare. Susebron just hasen't had the time to become a competent awakener. Even though he has a huge amount of breaths, I think that with time to prepare, vasher or another highly knowledgeable awakener could beat him. He doesnt really stand a chance against these three mistborn. He also really been in a lot of combat, and it's likely that he would die because he isn't used to fighting.

TLR and Kelsier are in trouble for similar reasons. Both of them have pierced metal in their body. Which means that its possible that with the power that someone who is burning the mists has, they could be controlled by emotional allomancy. Even if they aren't able to be controlled, Mistpoint Vin is still able to push away metal that is piercing the body. She could push away TLR's bracers, causing him to age quickly like we saw him do in the novels. BoM Kelsier appears to have a spike in his eye, it is mentioned that having a spike in your brain is lethal.  

My guess on how the battle would go down would be that as soon as they arrive, Vin begins to burn the mist and pulls (or pushs) hard on all the metal piercing skin in the area. while using the spikes of kedrik shaw to maintain her position. Once they are dead, she moves around quickly, susebron can't keep up, and she quickly kills him with a steel push from a distance.

If it is possible, I would like to suggest a new combined spikesulate within the Canton of Combat for combined Knights Awkward and DA representatives (such as yours truly). I believe my combination of hemallurgical and Surgebinding powers would be a great asset for this Canton.

And also, regarding atium burning mistborns vs Awakeners; are awakened objects aware enough for atium burning to be able to see its future movements?

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

Hello im new here. How do i join the canton of combat. Also if you do accept me may i please be a bronze seeker. if not then thats fine too, i just dont want to be spiked because as my friend said, it provides HUGE disadvantages against steel/iron savants and zinc/brass savants or mistborns with duralium.

Also who would win Vasher with Nightblood and 5000 breaths (no prep time) or kelsiers crew when everyone was alive (1 bead of atium)

EDIT: remember nightblood insta kills 

Edit: in character

Edited by MoHaam

3 minutes ago, MoHaam said:

Hello im new here. How do i join the canton of combat. Also if you do accept me may i please be a bronze seeker. if not then thats fine too, i just dont want to be spiked because as my friend said, it provides HUGE disadvantages against steel/iron savants and zinc/brass savants or mistborns with duralium.

Also who would win Vasher with Nightblood and 5000 breaths (no prep time) or kelsiers crew when everyone was alive (1 bead of atium)

EDIT: remember nightblood insta kills 

If every member is in their prime (Spook with pewter, Kelsier, Vin with duralumin and electrum, and Sazed ready for combat) I would give it to kelsier's crew, purely because Vasher couldn't touch Vin, Kelser, Spook (with pewter) or even Sazed. and while 5000 breaths are a lot, they will be drained from the use of nightblood and awakened constructs won't do much.

And of course you may join! as a recruiter, you will need to go onto the "introduce yourself" section and tell people to join our canton.

thanks i will proboaly target new people to the shard but will probobaly ocasionally ask other more seasoned people.

Also regarding the fight i meant if all of them are like they were at the time kelsier was alive. (R.I.P. Kelsier)

13 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

I need a Dakhor assassin and I figured that the Canton of Combat would be the right place to look for one. If you are an assassin who is interested in getting a large amount of cookies then contact me and we will discuss the details of the job. 

Ah! I see! well, A Dakhor assassin isn't common, not even here, why specifically Dakhor? If you need someone big and destructive, I can help with that, Stealth is also do-able, or are you looking to assassinate an elantrian? If so, a Dakhor assassin would be pretty expensive, the last one I hired demanded I gave him 200 COOKIES! AND A HUG! BEFORE THE JOB!

6 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Ah! I see! well, A Dakhor assassin isn't common, not even here, why specifically Dakhor? If you need someone big and destructive, I can help with that, Stealth is also do-able, or are you looking to assassinate an elantrian? If so, a Dakhor assassin would be pretty expensive, the last one I hired demanded I gave him 200 COOKIES! AND A HUG! BEFORE THE JOB!

We need enhanced endurance, speed strength, and stamina as well as discretion and zero morel scruples. Ideally, we would like someone who could negate Aons (like Dilaf) if no monks like that may be found we will settle for a normal monk. Cookies are no object.