Canton of Combat

Nohadon

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"You had questions about scheduling the training and I need to pay as well."

"What time slots work for you? We have training 24/7 and each session lasts for an hour." Seymour replied, selecting a large ledger labeled Canton Training Times.

Spoiler
17 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

When Novus entered the backroom. There were two corridors directly opposite of it.. A sign in between the two.

Welcome to the trials. The man you were following is no longer here. Trust nothing, not even your own senses. One of these corridors contains the long and difficult pass, the other contains the short and easy one. Your task is to figure out which path is which, and which one to take.

The room had various items on the floor. Crowded around the right door was a clock, an eyeglass and a feather. The one on the left had shards of glass, daggers and bits of metal. In between the two doors was empty walling, on the ground there was a mixture of the materials, it was difficult to tell where one set of materials ended and the other began.

Novus looked inside of the empty walling trying to find anything else there.

49 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"What time slots work for you? We have training 24/7 and each session lasts for an hour." Seymour replied, selecting a large ledger labeled Canton Training Times.

"Whenever works for you. The only place where I need to be is a journey over the ocean away."

She pushed her hair out of her face.

"There is no need to make any special arrangements just because of me."

3 hours ago, Minato™ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Novus looked inside of the empty walling trying to find anything else there.

The wall crumbles away. Revealing a secret passageway. It was a long tunnel that slanted downwards.

Astiel, hidden in the rafters of the ceiling watched Novus with a smile.

1 minute ago, Nohadon said:

The wall crumbles away. Revealing a secret passageway. It was a long tunnel that slanted downwards.

Astiel, hidden in the rafters of the ceiling watched Novus with a smile.

Novus entered the secret passage way that slanted downwards.

The dagger struck Novus in the back, the point embedding itself in between Novus' shoulder blades. Lights flooded the tunnel.

"Dear me." Astiel told Novus, walking in from behind.

"Decent perception, reflexes need honing. But with the right training we can make you into a decent agent. You'll have to patch that wound yourself and stop the bleeding. You'll never know when you need to do that when out on a mission." Astiel drew a card. On Tia flashed into the air, taking him and Novus down to the intelligence headquarters.

He depoited Novus in a hospital bed, a first aid kit was next to him.

"Good luck"

Iva appeared next to Novus in his hospital bed.  She didn't look very pleased. "Look here, the Hata Honda are very displeased with you and the way how you performed, especially Unan and Karu, get your act back together. I don't have time for this, as ironic as that may sound. The Honda think you are leaning a lot towards Abhi and thats a problem."

Novus just gave her a weak nod, he didn't have much else to say. He patched up the wound and went looking for the guy in command, apparently called Astiel.

Edited by Minato™

The primary intelligence room was directly adjacent to the med bay. It was a bustling hub. People sat in front of consoles coordinating and communicating with Canton members over long distances. In the centre of the room was several large monitors that displayed maps of cities all across the alley verse. OASIS, AlleyCity, Gladiator, Church of the white rose. Each had a blue dot showing the locations of Canton members. 

Astiel was currently studying a monitor named alleycity. He nodded as Novus walked in.

"Welcome to Canton intelligence. Here is where you'll be trained and assigned missions. Here is a list of canton contacts you can talk to in case you're in a bind. Each has a specific code phrase that is written on this list. Memorize the locations, names and codes, then burn the paper." Astiel handed him a small paper with a large number of names and phrases listed on them

Edited by Nohadon

Seymour stopped drifting off into space

"I can book in a training session tomorrow morning? It will be early, though. Most probably at 5 in the morning. When the session starts, it will begin whether you are ready or not."

8 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Seymour stopped drifting off into space

"I can book in a training session tomorrow morning? It will be early, though. Most probably at 5 in the morning. When the session starts, it will begin whether you are ready or not."

Damaya nodded politely.

"I will be there."

She handed him some chrysts.

Time skip/ how do you want to go on?

Just now, Nohadon said:

Is it ok if we wait a day or so to continue this? Just until I've wrapped up some other plots

I can wait.

It's not like the plot she belongs to will go on, and I have no place for her in the AV anyways.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sorry about not being better about moving that plot along. :(

It's alright.

I guess I'll have to retire her, I simply wanted to finish her character plot first. Thankfully Araha told her about the Canton at the beginning of era 2.

Edited by Sorana

On 27/04/2019 at 1:20 PM, Minato™ said:

"Interesting indeed", Novus noted. The Hata Honda were nowhere to be seen which made Novus a little bit depressed, he however just took a deep stare at the list and eventually said, "So, where may I start?".

"Your first assignment is to acquaint yourself with Alleycity. Start building contacts of your own and know this place like the back of your hand. You have one week to show my what  you've got."

@Minato™

Hey Sorana, so could you start off the training session? You can choose how it starts, I'll adapt to you :) 

53 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Your first assignment is to acquaint yourself with Alleycity. Start building contacts of your own and know this place like the back of your hand. You have one week to show my what  you've got."

"Okay, then I guess I shall do that". Abhi wanted to talk to Novus, but he was instantly ignored. Rather, Amad said "Novus, you will need to figure this out on your own, the Honda or Naraka cant help you, sorry." With that, they vanished. Novus, feeling upset and frustrated, left and looked for those 'contacts'.

Edited by Minato™

Of course and thanks a lot!

Shortly before 5 am Damaya arrived at the meeting place. She had slept well, but had been awake for a while now, used to get up with the sun. It was strange to live after a clock again, after so many months of living in accordance with the sun and nature.

Curiously she looked around, waited for someone else to arrive.

@Nohadon

A short girl with red hair was sitting on a bench inside the meeting place.

"Close to the Ocean, you say?" She asked, glowing with stormlight as she took off into the air.

"Let's go to the training arena Is it okay if I lash you there?"

34 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

A short girl with red hair was sitting on a bench inside the meeting place.

"Close to the Ocean, you say?" She asked, glowing with stormlight as she took off into the air.

"Let's go to the training arena Is it okay if I lash you there?"

"Of course."

Damaya smiled at her.

"And yes, close to the ocean. When you're up in the sky you should be able to see Koyeda."