Canton of Combat

Nohadon

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max nodded, then joined in with the joking. “Well, I can always make people think I’m stylish, so need for cards for me. And besides.” He summoned Sethramir in a overly dramatic fashion. “There’s that.”

"Pfft. A sword from thin air? People see that here all the time. I can't wait for you to unlock Sethramir's potential, He'll get really annoyed with you if you wield his powers like a common tool" Devaan then grabbed a body double. He activate the three cards strapped to it. It took the appearance of Devaan's body and Aon tia flashed in the air. the illusion set. He could now swap places with it at will.

Althea laughed at both of them showing off and then inhaled a small amount of stormlight. She reached out for the air. It was something she had learned years ago, when she was still training how to soulcast. Back then it had been difficult, but now. She smiled when her mind convinced the smallest part of air to change and then break apart almost immediatly. Little sparks lightened the room, before they vanished again. Useless in a fight, but she liked them.

@I think I am here.

@Nohadon

Edited by Sorana

14 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Pfft. A sword from thin air? People see that here all the time. I can't wait for you to unlock Sethramir's potential, He'll get really annoyed with you if you wield his powers like a common tool" Devaan then grabbed a body double. He activate the three cards strapped to it. It took the appearance of Devaan's body and Aon tia flashed in the air. the illusion set. He could now swap places with it at will.

“I remember that! You used that in that duel once, to catch the enemy off guard.”

He turned to the sparks Althea created. “Pretty,” He mentioned, grabbing a glass knife from the rack as well. Just in case.

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He turned to the sparks Althea created. “Pretty,” He mentioned, grabbing a glass knife from the rack as well. Just in case.

Althea laughed. That was exactly the reaction she had expected. Touching the glass knife with her mind she turned it to steel, hid her grin by turning around.

She walked to the side of the room and leaned against a wall, then checked if she Zokora had found something. It was only a short message, but it was enough.

"I know where we need to start looking."

@Nohadon

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Touching the glass knife with her mind she turned it to steel, hid her grin by turning around.

“Hey!” Max said but Althea turned around. Narrowing his eyes and smiling at her he pocketed the knife anyway.

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“I know where we need to start looking.”

“Where?” Max asked.

Althea smiled when she heard him pocket the knife anyway.

"It's vague."

She admitted.

"Apparently Vesuvius has a hideout somewhere in the city. He had some help by a guy called Frob or Forb, something like that. Zokora writes, that she found someone who thinks he heard something about the Forb person helping a scary looking metal-man."

Sending the message over to them, she added.

"I think we should try to find that guy, he could lead us to Vesuvius."

@I think I am here.

@Nohadon

Edited by Sorana

"Frob?" Devaan asked Althea

"I'm pretty sure he's a safe house owner. He leases his holes out to petty criminals who pissed off the wrong guy. He never gets involved with murderers though. He might have been coerced into it. I'm ready, lets do some digging"

"Come on, Nov, it feels like you're purposely hindering me with this stupid wheelchair", Neo Complained. He had been pushing this old man called Novus, for hours now on a wheelchair. He said he had arthritis and couldn't properly walk and that he needed help getting to the Canton of Combat. Neo being overly nice, and needing to get there himself agreed to help him. 

"Oh come on boy, you're not even my age yet, just wait until you have these grinding bones, heh", he said as he chuckled. Eventually they saw something, The giant nicrosil walls that Novus kept rambling on about. Finally, this journey was about to end and he wouldnt  have an old man constantly nagging him.

Neo went on to the main gate of the canton and went up to the guard saying "Oh hello, me and Novus would like to apply for the canton". Novus stood up out of his wheelchair, took his fake beard and wig off, walked up towards the guard looking MUCH younger now and said "Why yes, I believe I do".

Neo, absolutely betrayed and astounded just looked with a blank expression not knowing what to think or such and finally just let out a sigh.

Neo stepped forward infront of Novus. “I would like to be in operations because I feel like I would add a lot to the operations section.”

===================

Novus cutt off Neo before he could finish and added “Oh and I would like to go for intelligence”. Nirma looked over towards him and said “Okay great, now you’re in”. Novus gave her a nod.

Damaya opened the door to the room she was staying in and placed her bag on the bed. It was simple, but it was enough. Smiling she left the room, Coru sat on her arm, hummed softly. Ever since they had left Koyeda, he had relaxed.

Walking through the Canton, she looked around, searching for someone who might explain her how the whole part with training worked and where it might take place.

3 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Seymour assessed them both.

"I need names, investiture and skills. Do either of you have accommodation or will you be staying in the canton building?"

Novus spoke first, "Why yes, I'm Novus Incipit, no powers that you would care about anyways, I am rather skilled at hand-to-hand combat but am most profound in my wit, knowledge, and scholarship. I do have an accommodation indeed so you need not to worry about that". He then stepped to the side, and was apparently waiting for him to speak too. "Oh I'm Neo, just Neo. I am a second oath edge dancer with a bestowers blood monocle and a nightwatcher boon. Oh and I don't have anywhere else to go, so I would like to stay in the canton building. I would like to go for operations". Neo was a bit nervous due to a lot of skilled people being from the canton, he just hoped he would fit in.

Edited by Nohadon

13 hours ago, Minato™ said:

Novus spoke first, "Why yes, I'm Novus Incipit, no powers that you would care about anyways, I am rather skilled at hand-to-hand combat but am most profound in my wit, knowledge, and scholarship. I do have an accommodation indeed so you need not to worry about that". He then stepped to the side, and was apparently waiting for him to speak too. "Oh I'm Neo, just Neo. I am a second oath edge dancer with a bestowers blood monocle and a nightwatcher boon. Oh and I don't have anywhere else to go, so I would like to stay in the canton building. I would like to go for operations". Neo was a bit nervous due to a lot of skilled people being from the canton, he just hoped he would fit in.

"Intelligence and Operation" He let intelligence know that they'd be getting a new member.

"Novus, You'll need to wait some time while we do a background check, then once we're done you'll be approved or denied, depending on whether or not we feel you're the right man for the job. Your disguise was decent, but will need improvements." Seymour then looked to Neo

"Neo, your room is third door on the hallway to the left, Bunk 31J. Here is the key to your strongbox at the foot of your bed. Use it to store belongings you don't want pinched. You'll be in operation squad two. Led by Sergeant Olra. The leader of all Canton operations is Max. Those are the two people you'll be reporting to. For your first mission we'll need you down in the alley verse sewer system. Your meeting up with three fighters who are trying to track down a man named Frob. Good luck."

Novus said “alright then, I guess I will wait”. After all, there wasn’t really background they could check. 

———————————-

Neo was happy that he would be on his first mission, he went into the canton to drop his stuff, put on his skates and headed straight for the sewer system.

Astiel walked into the main reception area and looked at Novus.

"So you're Novus? You've been accepted into intelligence. Follow me and do try to keep up"

Astiel hopped over the main reception desk and disappeared into a backroom.

When Novus entered the backroom. There were two corridors directly opposite of it.. A sign in between the two.

Welcome to the trials. The man you were following is no longer here. Trust nothing, not even your own senses. One of these corridors contains the long and difficult pass, the other contains the short and easy one. Your task is to figure out which path is which, and which one to take.

The room had various items on the floor. Crowded around the right door was a clock, an eyeglass and a feather. The one on the left had shards of glass, daggers and bits of metal. In between the two doors was empty walling, on the ground there was a mixture of the materials, it was difficult to tell where one set of materials ended and the other began.