[OB] Chance to get a WoB (closed)

On 1/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, RShara said:

I didn't even expect that one to get the most upvotes, so I wouldn't be super disappointed.  Though I *would* like to see that debate put to rest definitively, in a way that no one can argue with :)

So, I'm going to order my books today, and I was thinking that if you are okay with it, I would prefer to ask one of the following 2 questions:

On 1/22/2018 at 5:17 AM, The Sovereign said:

Was Iyatil expelled from the 17th Shard or did she leave for her own reasons?

OR

On 1/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, Oversleep said:

If we spiked a singer with Feruchemical nicrosil, could he store the spren he's bonded to and loose form in the process? Could he bond another spren then? Could he then change forms at will by carefully storing and tapping nicrosil?

Since your question was the one that got the most upvotes, I really like both of the questions above pretty equally (leaning a bit more towards The Sovereign's Iyatil question, but would be completely happy with either), so if you want you can pick which of those 2 questions I ask.

Or if you feel REALLY REALLY strongly about the Eshonai being dead and gone question, I would still ask that one. It just seems like a shame to use a question to get 100% confirmation on something that really is at least 99% confirmed already.

I just realized...

When you're ordering books, you get to ask a question for every one of them? (and from what I'm getting it's now limited to those who are aware of it despite the option being removed from the store?)

I don't have my own books yet (meaning I got quite a few that could potentially be signed), but I could easily think of a number of questions...

(also, if that's indeed possible, is there any chance I could ask an Arcanist whether things are answered previously in case I can't find anything but think it's a question that's relatively likely to have been asked before?)

Edited by Leyrann
typo

17 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

I just realized...

When you're ordering books, you get to ask a question for every one of them? (and from what I'm getting it's now limited to those who are aware of it despite the option being removed from the store?)

I don't have my own books yet (meaning I got quite a few that could potentially be signed), but I could easily think of a number of questions...

(also, if that's indeed possible, is there any chance I could ask an Arcanist whether things are answered previously in case I can't find anything but think it's a question that's relatively likely to have been asked before?)

I think if you're ordering the leatherbounds you can.  I'm not sure about regular ones (of if they're available).

Absolutely!  A wasted question is like a wasted mind, a terrible thing to...waste.  (Kidding, there's no such thing as a wasted question, it just fit the silly joke).  Hit us us up on Discord for the fastest answers, or whereever is easiest for you.

Just now, RShara said:

I think if you're ordering the leatherbounds you can.  I'm not sure about regular ones (of if they're available).

Absolutely!  A wasted question is like a wasted mind, a terrible thing to...waste.  (Kidding, there's no such thing as a wasted question, it just fit the silly joke).  Hit us us up on Discord for the fastest answers, or whereever is easiest for you.

Hmm... Well, I am not going to order leatherbounds, I don't have the money for that.

I'll do some researching, see what I can find out.

2 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Hmm... Well, I am not going to order leatherbounds, I don't have the money for that.

I'll do some researching, see what I can find out.

Hey Leyrann, I just put an order in for the Mistborn hardcovers (not the leatherbound, I too, can't afford that awesomeness). I asked Brandon's assistant Kara at Dragonsteel how best to do it, and here's a link to a post that I wrote that sums up the process on a different thread:

Onward and Upward!

Duh, I guess since I just ordered these I should post the questions that I asked, seems kind of like a no-brainer.

So here are the questions that I asked (1st one mine, 2nd Calderis' and 3rd Oversleep's):

Questions from a 17th sharder "in the know" thanks to reddit.

MBFE question: Are the Dysian Aiminas agents of Cultivation? If not, are they in league with another group (excluding the Knights Radiant) that we have seen?

MBWoA question: If a person held enough breath to attain the 5th heightening, lived for a thousand years, and then sold all but their initial breath, would their spiritual age force them to rapidly age as we saw with Rashek, or would they resume natural aging from the point at which they ceased?

MBHoA question: If we spiked a singer with Feruchemical nicrosil, could he store the spren he's bonded to and loose form in the process? Could he bond another spren then? Could he then change forms at will by carefully storing and tapping nicrosil?

2 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

At this point I start to wonder whether I will ever stop doing this mistake. I am speaking this language decently for like... 6-7 years now? Ugh.

Just think "loser" and then lose the r.

*Waits for the Rude'Shara puns*

I think they just took off the wording on "all questions must be specific" to deter everyone from thinking, "oh cool I'll ask a question." Doesn't mean you can't do it...I mean you can type whatever you want in that box lol. Doesn't mean Brandon will answer I suppose. But when I ordered a book recently my quote might be considered a bit "long," and he still wrote the whole thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

@hoiditthroughthegrapevine I got my Eshonai question answered!

Overlord Jebus [PENDING REVIEW]

Has Eshonai left for the Beyond?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes.  I'll canonize this.  I'm sorry. 

*sounds of horror and shock* Noooo, nooooo, RAFO it!

You wanted..that was a RAFO-bait but, so I never intended that..if you want to leave this one out there...But I never intended Timbre to be Eshonai's soul.  When people said that in the beta, I'm like, "Oh, I guess you could see that, but I mean that's not how spren work, right?"

I was going to say, so you're saying Timbre is not Eshonai's soul.

No.  I never even thought they would make that connection.  Because we saw Timbre in the previous book.  I mean, I don't want to kill people's fan theories. But that one kind of blindsided me in the beta.   I'm like, "Well I guess we'll go ahead and let people think that but...no."  No.

You can leave that one off if you want to tease people and things.  Some people really want to believe that.

I made a bet that Eshonai was not only still be alive after Words of Radiance, but would also become Radiant.  And then the bet was if not I had to eat a shoe.

Oh no!

So I've been trying to get out of it for like...

Well you could eat a gummy shoe or something like that. 

But no, I didn't intend this. No.

source

I'm looking forward to watching Jebus eat a shoe.

Edited by RShara

@RShara, rad, rad and rad. No wiggle room there, Eshonai R.I.P.

I've been getting some of my ridiculous backlog of work done, so I've been offline. Working on diagrams of reverser pairing fabrials doesn't pay the bills (unfortunate that).

I'm re-reading Mistborn right now during my down time, and taking notes. I'll be back when the bills are paid.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 5:20 AM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

@RShara, rad, rad and rad. No wiggle room there, Eshonai R.I.P.

I've been getting some of my ridiculous backlog of work done, so I've been offline. Working on diagrams of reverser pairing fabrials doesn't pay the bills (unfortunate that).

I'm re-reading Mistborn right now during my down time, and taking notes. I'll be back when the bills are paid.

If you can figure out how to work for Brandon it might :P

• Chaos locked this topic