Twisted Corridors

Shallan's Ward

Character Form

Name: Tanax the Arcane

Description: Black hair, average height, pale skin (doesn't get out much), brown eyes.

Personality: Very naive and trusting, but lacks empathy and feels no moral qualms about killing. Somewhat sociopathic. Extremely dangerous to people that he doesn't consider his friend. Acts like a child at times

Flaw(s): Very forgetful. Has trouble remembering his spells. 

Powers (if any): A very competent spell caster 

Edited by King Cole

(Welcome to.... Um.... We don't have an actual name yet. But. Uh... Welcome. I am going to need a physical description before I can add you. So once that's done you can start. But I'll get you on the list.)

(EDIT: Feel free to pop in whenever you wish. People just appear. @King Cole)

Edited by Shallan's Ward

Character Form

Name: Paul, Kristoferson

Description: Above average height, Brown hair in a style similar to Hugh Jackman. Eyes are: Brown and more olive, has Central Heterochromia. (where the center of the iris near the pupil is a different color then near the whites.)

Personality: A bit of a loner, has a somber personality when alone or not interacting with someone. When he is with someone he appears to be engaged and attentive.

Flaw(s): Mind tends to wander. Tends to believe that he is better than most people, it shows by him not watching his tongue and not considering others plan when he has one. Stubborn and also quick to anger. Not good on offensive charges, not a coward, but tends to give ground in a fight.

Powers (if any): Can change what he is wearing at will. This does not apply to weapons, whatever weapons that look like he is holding aren't real. Tends to prefer suits/formal clothing. Is a decent marksman, with a bow and crossbow and can tell which end of a sword is which, (couldn't duel someone competent with a sword, or defend against more then one enemy). Always quick with a response in an argument and decent reflexes.

(Please tell me if this is too OP and I will nerf it)

Edited by MacThorstenson

30 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Description: Above average height, Brown hair in a style similar to Hugh Jackman.

(Have you seen the Greatest Showman)???

The woman who had just stood up, reached for her knives as Gave rested his hand on the doorknob, and pushed the door open.

This, Scelance thought, is going to be bad.

Just now, Tesh said:

(Have you seen the Greatest Showman)???

(Lol when I hear Hugh Jackman I think Wolverine)

(Also I'm not going to attack Gav or anything - just taking precautions in case there's anything sinister behind there. After all, we did just suddenly appear in this random room for some reason.)

(I may have slightly gotten inspiration from his costume in the greatest showman)

Suddenly they hear a creak behind themselves.

Mac opens the door to a wardrobe, and steps out onto the floor looking impeccable, considering he just stepped out of a closet. (See image below.)

"Hello, what are you doing here?" He asks, A little bit confused as to why he just stepped out of a wardrobe in what appears to be Versailles (Can our characters know about places and history regarding these rooms?)

The-Dapper-Casual-Chic-Style-For-Men-1.jpg

At the creak of the wardrobe Gabriel spun on his heel to see the newcomer. He looked him up and the down and with a grin he said, "Dressed mighty fine eh?"

(Hahaha I'm only vaguely familiar with Hugh Jackman. I've only seen X-2 I think was the name of the film. Gonna get around to The Greatest Showman at some point.)

Edited by Shallan's Ward

"Of course, We are in Versailles, Right? I figured I would try to dress the part." Mac grinned, "Unfortunately, the french looked stupid in the 1600's, so I improved the cloths a bit." Mac looked around the room, taking in his surroundings, and glanced down the hallway, "That definitely looks like Versailles," He remarked. "Should we go down the hallway?"

(So I assume that this is like the labyrinth in Percy Jackson? How it moves around and changes shape without us knowing?

That is Hugh Jackman in the greatest showman)

MV5BMjA2Mjg1MDc3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI0NDU3MjI@._CR315,201,1548,1160_UX614_UY460._SY230_SX307_AL_.jpg

Edited by MacThorstenson

(can we all put the photos in spoiler boxes for size? thanks)

Dallas turned to the new guy and glared at his conspicuous glinting gold cuff-links. She didn't say anything though, instead stepping to stand in front of the door, analysing the seemingly abandoned corridor.

(I was just listening to tGS, while watching my birds play around. They like chewing on my carpet).

Scelance softly returned her blade to it's sheath, and walked to a wall. Best to be able to view the whole room.

And of course, no one paid her any heed. It was quite easy to ignore a young girl, who stood out in no prominent way. But she was used to it. She just couldn't remember why...

(What happens if we defeat what ever is in the next room? Is there a reward, a weapon, or is it pafo (play and find out)? Also, how consistent is the layout, does everything change as soon as we close door on the new room we are in?)

"That was underwhelming." Mac peers into the brightly furnished hallway, extending for about 100 yards (90 m) with stained glass windows on the right, and mirrors and artwork on the left. It was so ornate that it was garish. "If no one else is going to go, I guess I'll start heading out." He strides confidently into the hall way, removing the hat and changing his tie into a solid red color.

(So I'm gonna Pafo that.(whoo I feel like Sanderson, saying that) I don't think there'll be a reward, but we'll see. I imagine the reward would be leaving alive. Also I should like to think that everything you can't see you should assume is changing.)

Gabriel stepped into the hallway after Mac, stretching back and breathing deeply. (Continuity error) He rubbed the hilt of his long sword and nervously scratched his chin. "This is um... Impressive... To say the least," He stepped to examine the windows.

(Do we want to make the hallway dangerous in any way?)

Dallas' eyes registered a slight square outline in the floor space Gav had just stepped into. Before anyone could blink, her arm reached out and yanked him back from the pressure plate, just as a net swooped down and retreated back up, empty. 

She lifted her eyebrows, noting the tiny spikes embedded in the net that would have made things uncomfortable for the non-existent captive.

Edited by Sami

Mac, heard a whoosh, and dropped to the ground, triggering 3 more pressure plates, one launching spikes through the painting on the wall and embedding themselves on the opposite side, the second causing a pile of dirt and pebbles to fall from the roof, landing on top of Mac's leg, and the third causing flames to erupt from the floor about a foot further down the hallway. 

"Aw, dang-it!" Mac exclaimed, continuing on to mutter something about how how he liked this suit and how dirt stains. "Can someone help dig me out? I can't really reach my leg in this position." 

Scelance poked her head out of the room, and watched as several people fought the building.

Escape and survive.

Escape and survive.

Escape and survive.

"Um... We could break the windows, and at least see where we are, if we couldn't get out," she whispered once the others stilled slightly. 

She stepped out into the hallway, and deftly avoided the pressure plates scattered around the floor.

"Although, the windows themselves might be rigged up in some way, possibly killing the person who touched them," she muttered, examining a window.

She then laid down, with her back pressed against the wall, sheathed sword laid across her leg. Scelance grabbed a spike, which had fallen to the ground, took a breath, closed her eyes, and rammed the object into the window.

She pulled her arm back down, holding her breath, waiting for the explosion.

There was nothing but the sound of shattering glass. 

The window completely collapsed, along with all the others lining the hallway. Glass flew in all directions, covering the floor.

Scelance slowly stood up. Behind the windows, was a brick wall, that was glowing slightly.

"That... failed," she whispered. Then sheepishly noted the others in the hall. "Um, sorry," she mumbled, going red.

Gave stood stunned a moment. Taking in all that had happened. He glanced at the shattered windows and at the floor which he now recognized as booby trapped and stood stock still. "It seems to me," he started, eyeing a door on the wall. "That this place... We really should name it. Wants us dead." He glanced up at the gorgeous ceiling and said. "So, since we're all gonna be facing death together. Can I get everyone's names?"