NEW SHARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawnshard

So I asked Brandon at the LA signing if he could tell us about a shard that we don't know anything about (including the survival shard) and he said that there was a shard that isn't on a planet. Now I think this means that the shard is either on an asteroid, or a star. It could also be floating in space or on a moon and influencing from a distance. I will repeat it is not any shard we already know about. 

Or it could be on a moon o.O for some reason team brandon has calculated how long it would take for a surgebinder such as kaladin to break orbit and get to each of the three. That's not saying it's on one of those moons, but is more just an oddity. 

Or it could be on a moon o.O for some reason team brandon has calculated how long it would take for a surgebinder such as kaladin to break orbit and get to each of the three. That's not saying it's on one of those moons, but is more just an oddity. 

Wait, can you elaborate on this? Very interested.

Or the personality of the shard might revolve around something like solitude, causing the holder to want to avoid others.

That's the Shard on Ashyn (iirc.)

Edited by Kythis

I've always thought of Hoid as being most in line with a Shard like "Storytelling" or "Lore" or something along those lines. Yes, he travels and meddles, but a storyteller is really what he is.

I always assumed that Hoid wasn't a Shard Bearer at all. I don't quite know exactly what Hoid is.

Parts of the Theory below make sense to me.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6597-theory-man-made-adonalsium/

Hoid is definitely something ancient and I'm assuming it's going to be revealed in The Liar of Partnel.

Edited by Anonymous Hippopotamus

Or the God Beyond perhaps? If it's not Adonalsium itself, I assume that the God Beyond is a Shard that's been touring multiple worlds.

I always assumed the God Beyond would well, be beyond. I don't think he's(Or she or it or whatever) a shard of Adonalsium.

Who knows though?

Only time will tell.

Edited by Anonymous Hippopotamus

Beyond is vague in this context. Beyond what? Does this mean from far away, more powerful, or something else? Yes, it's too early to tell. We don't know much about it at all except for the name. Doesn't hurt to throw out possibilities though.

I don't believe the poster was being serious, given the smiley.  I admit I had the thought to make the same joke as soon as I heard this info.

You are correct sir, I was trying to make a joke. I knew that it was stated that Steelheart  (Earth) is not part of the Cosmere. 

Edited by gmatyas9154

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me think about something I've pondered. I've seen several discussions where people have talked about potential Shards, and have terror/fear/horror or something similar mighit be a Shard - one that some think Bavadin holds, because it should be such a terrible one. I don't think that the holder of such a Shard would be a terrifying force. I think that the holder of such a shard would be perpetually frightened, incredibly paranoid, etc. Probably a being that could be very destructive to society if encountered, but I think it would seek solitude out of sheer fright and paranoia. It would avoid confrontation, always flee rather than fight, and only attack when it's absolutely cornered. 

What better place for someone like that to hide than out in the middle of nowhere, as far away from others as possible? 

• Chaos locked this topic