NamelessThirteenth

Anime

83 posts in this topic

Just now, Kobold King said:

I am excited! A little concerned too, though. I heard OPM 2 is being animated by a different studio than the first, and I hate change.

Could be worse, though: the cast could have not returned.

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Could be worse, though: the cast could have not returned.

I am glad about that. Overall, cautiously optimistic, and mentally preparing myself for things not being exactly what I expect.

If anyone's looking for anime from this season, "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War" is the best thing I'm watching - granted, it's not a long list this season. 

It's a slightly topical recommendation, with Valentine's Day tomorrow, but mostly it's just a fantastic show.  It's basically like if you made a romantic comedy in the style of the Death Note "potato chip" scene - the premise is two genius high schoolers who are in love with each other but both wants to force the other to admit it first, so mundane interactions are narrated and monologued as titanic battle of the wits. 

That premise alone would probably get dull fairly quickly, but it's got a lot else going for it: some actual heartfelt moments and the characters themselves are just a lot of fun, including the secondary characters.  The best character in the show so far isn't one of the two main protagonists (and it's not even close).  

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

You Know, JoJo is pretty good...

You and your JoJo, Dapper.

I got bored of anime. Except for the girl who leapt through time, everything I watch is inconsistent and full of boring plots, boring characters, or both. 

55 minutes ago, Embrisk said:

I got bored of anime. Except for the girl who leapt through time, everything I watch is inconsistent and full of boring plots, boring characters, or both. 

Sounds like you need a reboot. If you'd like any suggestions of anime that might cleanse your palette. just say the word. Happy to help.

Quick thought on The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: It's a great film, but I do think the pacing could be better. And the ending could be a little more satisfying.

After losing patience with the German publisher of Akatsuki no Yona (we're stuck at vol. 15 since october 2018) I caved in and read the whole manga online within four days.
It's one of the best I ever read and I'm now impatiently waiting for the next chapters to come out.