the virtual reality video

I can't believe nobody opened a new thread for it (and if somebody did and I failed to notice, direct me to the proper place and delete this thread). On twitter there is a small video that's supposed to represent a chasm. It says that there is a full version on facebook.

Is there a way to access that full version if one does not have facebook himself?

And are there comments? I think the bottom looks too flat, the rest is great

I've only seen a brief video clip from atop a bridge, and a single 360-view image from the bottom of a chasm, with a chull.

I'm not loving their designs, but I'm also highly biased in that regard. It's not that I think they must use the book designs, but I think they can do better than what they have. Nevertheless, I'm interested in seeing what they do next.

I would think that if there's a regular post for this, it would be in the Stormlight subforum, but I ended up here as well after searching for just such a thread, so... ?

Edited by Inkthinker

This thread was made a while ago but no one had posted updates in it recently.

43 minutes ago, Inkthinker said:

I'm not loving their designs, but I'm also highly biased in that regard. It's not that I think they must use the book designs, but I think they can do better than what they have. Nevertheless, I'm interested in seeing what they do next.

Out of curiousity, what differences would you like to see? I see the 360 video from the bottom of the chasm and it's similar to how I envisioned it (I've hiked through slot canyons in the western USA and that image matches the vibe pretty well). 

I didn't like the way Stormlight was portrayed flowing through the character's arms in the short video though. That's my small nitpick, but overall I think it feels pretty accurate. 

24 minutes ago, MasterJack said:

Is anyone not excited about this?? I for one, am not. I would much rather see a TV series or movie than a VR experience. No offense to the producers, and this looks great, but I'm not very excited for this.

They're using the VR experience to pitch the series as a movie or TV show to other companies, as the world is so complex and would be high budget, and they want it to be done correctly. I guess it's like "Hey, look how awesome this idea is, with your help we can do it justice". 

So it's not an either or, it's a step in the right direction :) 

4 hours ago, Khyrindor said:

They're using the VR experience to pitch the series as a movie or TV show to other companies, as the world is so complex and would be high budget, and they want it to be done correctly. I guess it's like "Hey, look how awesome this idea is, with your help we can do it justice". 

So it's not an either or, it's a step in the right direction :) 

Ooooohh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks! In that case, yes, it looks great and I am excited because it's definitely a step in the right direction :D

• Chaos locked this topic