[OB] Urithiru and Odium

Marsh

This may have been discussed somewhere, but I just finished the book and had a major epiphany. This is written with no regard for spoilers. I know that can never be spammed enough, so read on at your own risk. 

The puzzel pieces

Humans came to Roshar as the Voidbringers (probably through shadesmar) I think they came through and built Urithiru to use in conquering Roshar. 

Odium is captured somehow 

Great spirits can be captured in fabrials. Urithiru is a giant fabrial that they don’t understand. I think Odium is trapped in Urithiru. Our Radiants have steadily been manipulated by all three gods towards Urithiru. I think Odium wants them to free him while Honor wanted them to defend the prison. The Unmade lured Shallan the the heart of Urithiru, Renarin’s curupted Spren keeps dropping hints on how the place works. I think they will unintentionally free Odium. 

Odium is collecting Honorblades and Oathgates. This is how he will be set free. The oath pact is connected to the oathgates, which are activated by blades. I think if all the Honerblades are used on all gates it will set him free. To defend from this Honor(who knew his heralds were failing) convinced the Spren of some of the gates to never activate again. They basically say this to Shallan in Shadesmar. This also explains Odiums tactics. He wanted to prevent the Radients from connecting the dots on fabrial traps. He captures gates, but doesn’t use them. 

I think there is more here. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some mistborn style manipulation of history going on by odium as well. Anyway, let me know what you think. Or, criticize my spelling and grammar. Whatever floats your boat.

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] Urithiru and Odium
31 minutes ago, Marsh said:

To defend from this Honor(who knew his heralds were failing) convinced the Spren of some of the gates to never activate again. They basically say this to Shallan in Shadesmar.

Small correction:  they were not allowed to transfer people from Shadesmar to the Physical realm.  They were still able to transfer people between two locations in the Physical Realm (in this case, Urithiru and Thaylen City), as we see them doing this during the battle.

The epigraphs and hints we have so far appear to indicate that Urithiru was a giant fabrial, but one that protected from Odium and the influences of the Unmade, rather than a trap for Odium.

Honor himself made the Oathgates and bound the spren to work them, so it seems unlikely that using them would free Odium in some way.

Odium does use the Oathgates.  The Fused attacked through the Kholinar Oathgate as a distraction from Urithiru sending help to Thaylen City.

I think the similarity between "Oathpact" and "Oathgates" is just because Honor likes oaths.

Nice theory but I can't get on board with odium is in urithiru. I'm of the opinion the sibling will power urithru. The oathgate part is plausible but I think they are being taken over to keep the radiant from using them. Not all can fly and elsecalling isn't as simple as I'm gonna teleport to this place. If he's able to prevent the knights from showing up in a huge force it just makes the job of taking a city easier. I do like how your thinking outside the box I just feel this idea is off.

• Chaos locked this topic