Could pewter burning heal spiritual damage?

Housedunn

@tabitreader @Skip Hates Dragons Pssst, Oathbringer spoilers don't belong here.

On a general note, everyone possesses some innate Investiture (Brandon's called it the spark of life on occasion) but some peoples naturally have more than others. Nalthians in particular are an example due to their Breath and Rosharans have the constant passing of the Investiture-saturated highstorms, which is why they're generally such a healthy bunch.

Sorry, didn't know about spoiler info. How do I fix it?

Since not all invested humans are the same, pewter may not be completely effective to heal such a wound.

I wasn't aware when the Rosharans originated. Good info hero :) I now to your mastery.

Yay...50 posts!

Edited by tabitreader
Addition

13 hours ago, Calderis said:

Yeah, it enhances all physical traits of the body, including natural healing speed, but it's not anything close to F-gold. And it's physical only, so no spiritual healing. 

Step back and remember when Marsh took his time to break all of Vin's major bones, even the fingers? Got it? She takes in the mists and her Duralumin fueled pewter burn robbed her pewter, (earring removed) she suddenly burned fiercely with pewter and her body healed in moments...that's f-gold bloodmaking-like effects written in Brandon's own hand.

9 minutes ago, tabitreader said:

Step back and remember when Marsh took his time to break all of Vin's major bones, even the fingers? Got it? She takes in the mists and her Duralumin fueled pewter burn robbed her pewter, (earring removed) she suddenly burned fiercely with pewter and her body healed in moments...that's f-gold bloodmaking-like effects written in Brandon's own hand.

Yeah it is... But that's drawing directly on the essence of Preservation. The same thing she did to ascend. I'm not going to assume natural pewter is capable of that. 

1 hour ago, tabitreader said:

Sorry, didn't know about spoiler info. How do I fix it?

The Edit button beneath the post. You can check the big stickied announcement currently at the top of every page to see where Oathbringer information is supposed to be limited to, for now.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:07 AM, Skip Hates Dragons said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rosharans come from a pre-shattering planet 

while Scandrial humans were made by Preservation and Ruin, post-shattering 

So, Rosharans are missing that extra power from Preservation. Good to know which is superior.

Thanks

• Chaos locked this topic