Cookies?! Not a trap?

Maelstrom

Cookies- Delicious or Scrumptous?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Will you accept this mouth-wateringly tasty cookie being offered to you right now?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, ImportantQuestions said:

Me not knowing what the cookie was, stole it from @Thaidakar the Ghostblood it. Me, being an allomancer, burns the spikes away. Got em. I got cookie and I didn't need to be hemalurgically spiked. Success!!!! FREE COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOOOOOOKIES!!!!!!! 

18 minutes ago, Voidus said:

He's said like five different things about it, I don't plan on taking his word on any of them til it gets canonized in a book :P

Yeah, I picked the most entertaining one to respond with. Here's a selection of the various answers over the years. 

Spoiler

Maru Nui

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

Tor.com Q&A with Brandon Sanderson (Jan. 10, 2011)
Spoiler

Czanos

Would anything interesting happen if an Allomancer Burned a Hemalurgic spike, or a Feruchemist Tapped one?

Brandon Sanderson

Er, well, it’s possible. But you’d have to be burning a Hemalurgic spike that killed you and took your power…

Just like you can’t gain anything by burning a metalmind unless you infused it yourself.

#tweettheauthor 2009 (July 8, 2009)
Spoiler

Questioner

Several of my friends play the [Mistborn] tabletop game, and we have a question, so, if you want to burn a metal Allomantically do you actually have to ingest it, or can it just be in your bloodstream, or-?

Brandon Sanderson

If it gets in there somehow, you can use it.

Questioner

So you can inhale something, or inject something ... what about spikes? Could you like burn a spike that was-?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, you could, but not if it's Hemalurgically placed or Hemalurgically charged. But otherwise yes. If it gets in you-- I almost wrote a scene where someone got stabbed through the chest and they burned it. The problem is your metal also has to be of the right allomantic alloy.

Words of Radiance Philadelphia signing (March 21, 2014)
Spoiler

17th Shard

Can you burn the spikes? Like, Allomantically? For example, could they burn the steel in their head spikes?

Brandon Sanderson

I considered that and I eventually decided that they could, but it would be an excruciating process that would probably knock them unconscious simply by doing it.

17th Shard

Would they be able to tap?

Brandon Sanderson

Would they tap them? They can use them as metalminds, yes.

17th Shard Interview (Oct. 3, 2010)
Spoiler

Questioner (paraphrased)

Would you be able to get any kind of additional power from burning a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

There would be power there, but you wouldn’t be able to access it. Like burning someone else’s metalmind.

American Fork High School Signing (Dec. 12, 2019)
Spoiler

Questioner

If you burn a Hemalurgic spike, would it graft the piece of stolen soul onto your soul?

Brandon Sanderson

No, but it would have... There are some interesting effects there.

Shadows of Self Chicago signing (Oct. 12, 2015)

We solemnly promise to only spike you in the front, then. Quite sporting of you really, so few actually want to watch. And while I personally find the sensation of pain all part of the well-rounded experience of hemalurgy, since you’re so accommodating you can just fill this tinmind and you won’t feel a thing.

I see. I don't need a tin mind. Also, only one spike. All rights reserved, terms may change at any point in time. If they do, blame my lawyer. Also, what spike will I be getting? This is necessary knowledge before I agree. Other than that, you should be fine. Also, I want a continuous supply of COOOKKIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ImportantQuestions

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Telrao said:

*vibrates with excitement* Oooooooo *Grabs @Shining Silhouette* Hey, you wanna join this totally normal team party in a a random dark alley?

Silhouette looks up from his tea. "Team-building exercises?!"

He pulls out a package of frozen water cubes, throws it on the ground, and starts stomping on it. "Let's break this ice!"

7 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Silhouette looks up from his tea. "Team-building exercises?!"

He pulls out a package of frozen water cubes, throws it on the ground, and starts stomping on it. "Let's break this ice!"

Oh my storms Silho - I laughed so hard just then that was terrible. (My typing just died)

Telrao happily takes a bit out of a cookie. "Ow!" She says, then continues chewing. "These are so tasty! You want one?" She picks up a piece of recently stomped ice and chews on it, crunching. "Mmmmm, a bit of extra street dirt. Excellent!" She takes another bite of the cookie, then shoves the rest in.

Edited by Telrao

2 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao happily takes a bit out of a cookie. "Ow!" She says, then continues chewing. "These are so tasty! You want one?" She picks up a piece of recently stomped ice and chews on it, crunching. "Mmmmm, a bit of extra street dirt. Excellent!" She takes another bite of the cookie, then shoves the rest in.

Silhouette sighs. "I always wished that I had gotten in on these cookies on the ground floor. You know, when I first joined the Shard."

He grabs one from the floor and rubs dirt onto it. "But now I can!"

1 minute ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Silhouette sighs. "I always wished that I had gotten in on these cookies on the ground floor. You know, when I first joined the Shard."

He grabs one from the floor and rubs dirt onto it. "But now I can!"

Telrao laughs so hard, she almost chokes on her cookie. She wheezes and slaps her thigh, trying to breathe. "That - " she gasps, "was hilarious. Chip top, mate."

3 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao laughs so hard, she almost chokes on her cookie. She wheezes and slaps her thigh, trying to breathe. "That - " she gasps, "was hilarious. Chip top, mate."

I have never in my entire life heard anyone say "chip top" :P

"You're absolutely right," says Silhouette. "They call me that top chip."

He looks down. "I always felt so bad for the bottom chips. The poor souls spend their whole lives trapped at the bottom of a Pringle's box only be mashed to pieces against the side of their prison when one attempts to break them free."

"But I always escaped unscathed."

21 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

"You're absolutely right," says Silhouette. "They call me that top chip."

He looks down. "I always felt so bad for the bottom chips. The poor souls spend their whole lives trapped at the bottom of a Pringle's box only be mashed to pieces against the side of their prison when one attempts to break them free."

"But I always escaped unscathed."

Telrao grinned, then munched another cookie, wincing again. "Life is a pile of Pringles crumbs. Small ones, large ones, salty ones, plain ones..."

5 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

"Aw man! I always knew it was a crummy world, but I didn't know it was this bad!"

Telrao shakes her head and settles onto the ground, snatching a cup of tea and plopping in a couple pieces of ice. She sniffs it, then grins. "Tea-l me about it, Silho. The only joy on this world on Pringles crumbs are totally not hemalurgically spiked cookies!"

• 3 weeks later...

“Don’t mind if I do…” *grabs cookie, shoves in face and reaches for next cookie, swallows, shoves cookie #2 in face, reaches for next one, swallows, shoves in face, reaches and grabs cookie, swallows, shoves cookie in face, then gets stuck in a time loop, and an agency begins studying my behavior, and resupplies me with cookies when I run out, swallows, shoves in face etc. etc. etc.*

• AonEne locked this topic