Cookies?! Not a trap?

Maelstrom

Cookies- Delicious or Scrumptous?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Will you accept this mouth-wateringly tasty cookie being offered to you right now?

• Yes
    • No

• 3 months later...
On 13/01/2018 at 3:28 AM, Maelstrom said:

Welcome! If you have taken this cookie, HA! The experimental new hemalurgically spiked cookies will soon take effect! To avoid the undiscovered side effects, join the Dark Alley and recruit new members by making a link to this page and calling it a cookie! Any questions? No? Good. Get recruiting.

Any of you wishing to, insteading of spreading cookies for fun, become a full denizen and do hemalurgic research for fun go here!

errr it didn't work

as in the hemalurgic part

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2018 at 10:28 PM, Maelstrom said:

Welcome! If you have taken this cookie, HA! The experimental new hemalurgically spiked cookies will soon take effect! To avoid the undiscovered side effects, join the Dark Alley and recruit new members by making a link to this page and calling it a cookie! Any questions? No? Good. Get recruiting.

Any of you wishing to, insteading of spreading cookies for fun, become a full denizen and do hemalurgic research for fun go here!

You do realize that people can scroll down and read it before voting?

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Proof that we don’t actually need to trick people we can literally say “hey make this questionable choice” and people will hold out their hand and say “yes please!”

It really depends on the consequences of the questionable choice and whether the questionable choice is reliable or not.

Powerpowerpowerpowerpowerpowerpower.

^^Literally one of my D&D character's mottos though.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:29 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

It really depends on the consequences of the questionable choice and whether the questionable choice is reliable or not.

Powerpowerpowerpowerpowerpowerpower.

^^Literally one of my D&D character's mottos though.

Well I’m not the resident expert on dark bargains BUT I will say that hemalurgy is very reliable. You do in fact get what you pay for.

But you do have to pay for it.

• 5 weeks later...

He's an old DA experiment, pretty small-time stuff really. Basically stopped after his first bargain and ended up in an eternal nightmare of his own creation as punishment. We resurrect him again every now and then when he gets killed by adventurous sorts.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

He's an old DA experiment, pretty small-time stuff really. Basically stopped after his first bargain and ended up in an eternal nightmare of his own creation as punishment. We resurrect him again every now and then when he gets killed by adventurous sorts.

What kind of fool stops after their first bargain?? 

11 hours ago, Voidus said:

You might have to resurrect him again. I recently finished that campaign. 

11 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

What kind of fool stops after their first bargain?? 

I know, right? My character kept on trying to become a vampire, and the DM kept on veto-ing it. Why can't my character be a druid/cleric/werebear/vampire?

• 4 months later...

Maru Nui

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/210/#e4616

4 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Maru Nui

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/210/#e4616

I want to know more about this now.

1 minute ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I want to know more about this now.

It's a subject Brandon has made up his mind on, the latest WoB say you can only burn spikes made with your own soul

Questioner (paraphrased)

Would you be able to get any kind of additional power from burning a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

There would be power there, but you wouldn’t be able to access it. Like burning someone else’s metalmind.

American Fork High School Signing (Dec. 12, 2019)