Cookies?! Not a trap?

Maelstrom

Cookies- Delicious or Scrumptous?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Will you accept this mouth-wateringly tasty cookie being offered to you right now?

• Yes
    • No

... You do realize the DA is the preeminent bakers of the Alleyverse, right? The oldest of us DA members have tasted cookies that pre-date creation, and feast on baked goods with senses amplified a thousand-fold. 

In other words, could you please make them snickerdoodle and cadmium? Those are my favorite.

Ok Heres how it worked:

MacThorstenson and Voidus and zincaboutit were talking about DA members and eldrich horrors that were cuddly, I got concerned, Voidus invited me into a dark alley, I ran away, and Voidus sent some dark tendrils after me. I threw some DA cookies at the dark tendrils, they liked them, so I wanted more so the DA dark tendrils wouldnt eat me. I hit MacThorstenson and stole his cookies, then ran away again when in anger, he showed his eldrich-horror-ness.

1 minute ago, Gneorndin said:

Ok Heres how it worked:

MacThorstenson and Voidus and zincaboutit were talking about DA members and eldrich horrors that were cuddly, I got concerned, Voidus invited me into a dark alley, I ran away, and Voidus sent some dark tendrils after me. I threw some DA cookies at the dark tendrils, they liked them, so I wanted more so the DA dark tendrils wouldnt eat me. I hit MacThorstenson and stole his cookies, then ran away again when in anger, he showed his eldrich-horror-ness.

Then Aylitha complained and HR was invoked

1 hour ago, Gneorndin said:

Ok Heres how it worked:

Oh, I'm aware. I'm one of those ancient DA members who dabble in Lovecraftian experiments. Most of the ones my character, Xanas, deals with are less tentacle-y and more insect-related though. I was just saying I liked snickerdoodle, for reference information. Snickerdoodle, cadmium, and blood sacrifices always put the DA's Testing & Analysis Department in good moods. Sacrifices separate from the cookies, the hemoglobin doesn't mix with cadmium nicely.

Edited by 18th Shard

15 minutes ago, 18th Shard said:

Oh, I'm aware. I'm one of those ancient DA members who dabble in Lovecraftian experiments. Most of the ones my character, Xanas, deals with are less tentacle-y and more insect-related though. I was just saying I liked snickerdoodle, for reference information. Snickerdoodle, cadmium, and blood sacrifices always put the DA's Testing & Analysis Department in good moods. Sacrifices separate from the cookies, the hemoglobin doesn't mix with cadmium nicely.

I think except for Voidus, you are the oldest Alleyverse member still here right? Fate is off and on, and you are several years before I showed up.

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

I think except for Voidus, you are the oldest Alleyverse member still here right? Fate is off and on, and you are several years before I showed up.

When did Aylitha show up?

3 hours ago, mathiau said:

Then Aylitha complained and HR was invoked

What?!? This is why I've been dealing with HR all morning?
You have no idea how many civilizations I had to harvest to get them off my back.

Just now, Voidus said:

What?!? This is why I've been dealing with HR all morning?
You have no idea how many civilizations I had to harvest to get them off my back.

Their name was uttered as a warning, yes.

14 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

She was created spring 2019 I think, she and Cam are by far the newest OP department heads. Though I was referring primarily to the people behind the characters, 18th shard was one of the very first DA members.

Yeah, I mean in universe I suppose she's pretty old, among that group of nebulously aged entities who predate creation. Outside of that one of the more recent characters.

6 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Yep, that is true. Although I was gone on a mission the whole Alleyverse's Era 1 creation, so I came home and there were hundreds of pages of a universe that I didn't know about before. 

Xanas himself is old but he is from Roshar and human, so he does have an actual in-Cosmere beginning, unlike a lot of the other old DA members who are essentially cosmic beings. Xanas just got into the DA before it was cool. 

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Oh boy do I have a deal for you then my friend. 

For the small small price of a small portion* of your soul you can have all the cookies you want. Whadda ya say?

*Disclaimer applies.

ooh, hm, I'll take it if I don't get sued for spreading it to my favorite Shardic Police officer.

39 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ooh, hm, I'll take it if I don't get sued for spreading it to my favorite Shardic Police officer.

Why would we sue you for giving cookies to more people? We are a completely harmless* bakery trying to spread our love of alleys and cookies to all people. 

*Disclaimer applies.

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Why would we sue you for giving cookies to more people? We are a completely harmless* bakery trying to spread our love of alleys and cookies to all people. 

*Disclaimer applies.

okay, I will take the cookies. "DELICIOUS" I say through mouthful.

• 2 weeks later...

Iron, Copper, Pewter...
Oh, whoops. That's... a completely unrelated list of items. I meant to say chocolate chip? And er... Macademia White chocolate, double chocolate chip, pecan, raspberry and shortbread.