Do You Use All of Your Upvotes Everyday?

MistbornAlpaca

How Many Upvotes Do You Give A Day?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Upvotes Do You Give A Day?

• None
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20

So I've maxed out my upvotes a few times, and I'm wondering if anyone else does this? I can give 20 upvotes a day (not sure if it increases with reputation). I've only maxed out a few times, and so I started this poll to see how many upvotes everyone gives on an average day.

Edited by MistbornAlpaca

The upvote limit was raised because of the OB release and general rise in forum activity. More posts on the forum daily → more upvotes to give. Your own reputation doesn't affect the number of upvotes you can give.

I personally give 1-5 upvotes a day, even though I could give 100, as staff members aren't limited in upvotes IIRC :P

On 2018-01-10 at 9:30 AM, Mestiv said:

The upvote limit was raised because of the OB release and general rise in forum activity. More posts on the forum daily → more upvotes to give. Your own reputation doesn't affect the number of upvotes you can give.

I personally give 1-5 upvotes a day, even though I could give 100, as staff members aren't limited in upvotes IIRC :P

So mods can technically break the rep system by upvoting everyone to God Beyond?

I usually go 6-10. I usually upvote for one of three things. Humor, interesting, or learning some piece of information I didn't know before.

As I was re-reading the OP, I realized for the first time the significance behind the upvote limit. Coincidence or on purpose, touche Admins, touche.  

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when the upvote count resets? I don't think I've ever used them all up in one day, but if I did it would be good to know. I'm guessing it's midnight. But is it midnight in my timezone? in Greenwich? or Brandon's timezome? And if it is, is it based on my internet wifi-thing (whatever the lingo is) and where the website thinks I am? Which raises the question, if I travel to another timezone, do my upvotes reset early? COULD I GET UNLIMITED UPVOTES BY CONSTANTLY FLYING AROUND THE WORLD BACKWARDS?!?

@Archer I've only ever used all of my upvotes like... Twice, but I do remember being annoyed when it happened because the reset time was weird. I'm in PST and the rep system resets right at midnight here, but the upvote reset was somewhere around 3pm.

So yeah, I don't know if that's based on when you used your upvotes and arbitrary timezone, or what. 

Actually it depends on the topics. But I give an average of 1 or 2 reps, since unfortunately I don't have time to read the forum as much as I like.

The other question you could ask is what kinda posts do you give upvotes?

I give upvotes for thoughtful and amazing posts, as well as really funny ones! Are there rules for giving upvotes and stuff, or it's totally up to you?

On 1/10/2018 at 0:00 PM, Mestiv said:

On 1/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, MasterJack said:

So I've maxed out my upvotes a few times, and I'm wondering if anyone else does this? I can give 16 upvotes a day (not sure if it increases with reputation).

@MasterJack @Mestiv Surely you are generous up-voting guys. Can we become friends? I could use some more upvotes, considering I'm still a bridgeman :(

Edited by Arash.F

1 hour ago, Arash.F said:

Are there rules for giving upvotes and stuff, or it's totally up to you?

Feel free to give as many as you like to whoever you like. 

There is only one rule: you can't abuse the system. So you can't make a new account to upvote yourself. You also can't make a deal with someone else to trade upvotes. 

Just be an active member and soon you'll be a Mistborn or something like that :)

8 hours ago, Mestiv said:

There is only one rule: you can't abuse the system. So you can't make a new account to upvote yourself.

Oh dude! that's nasty!

Thanks for the up-vote my new friend, the ancient one.

How do you think Wayne would gather up-votes if he had an account here?!

8 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Just be an active member and soon you'll be a Mistborn or something like that :)

I wish i had more time you know, carrying the bridge and stuff

Thanks for the advice though ;)

Edited by Arash.F

I'm generally stingy with my upvotes. If you make me laugh, I'll give you an upvote. If you write an RP that makes me emotionally connect with the story or characters, I'll give you an upvote. Other than that, I don't give out many.

I upvote usually long thought out theories, or anything that makes me laugh. Also whenever I see someone new I usually give them an upvote to start them off. 

Edit: YES, FINALLY A FERRING. I'LL GET TO MISTBORN SOMEDAY

Edited by King Cole

On 3/19/2018 at 9:07 PM, King Cole said:

I upvote usually long thought out theories, or anything that makes me laugh. Also whenever I see someone new I usually give them an upvote to start them off. 

Edit: YES, FINALLY A FERRING. I'LL GET TO MISTBORN SOMEDAY

And I've become a noble-blooded at last. No more bridge runs :lol::wub: I should not get in Kelsier's way though :ph34r: