[OB] The Five Pillars of the Stormlight Main Characters

Pagerunner

On 10/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, Pagerunner said:

There was an interesting new quote from a convention this past week that illuminates the "Radiance" aspect of my table in particular:

This is exactly what I think is happening in Thaylen Field when Dalinar starts counting off his Radiants, sees Taln and Ash off in a corner, and then thinks there's one missing (a.k.a. Venli). That's a manifestation of him pulling the Spiritual Realm closer, he's seeing that the ten main characters that will, in some form or fashion, be important as 'representative members' of their Radiant Orders.

I agree. It is showing the threads that hold the characters together, and show this is their story. 

@Pagerunner, I would say Lift might have plenty to tell in her backstory even now. We don't know how she met Wyndle and what exactly set her running from Rall Elorim, "the City of Shadows".

Plus, her Nightwatcher Boon and Bane

But I still love her description just says "annoying" :lol:

Edited by Honorless

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

Will Ash really be a flashback character?

I thought Sanderson would use a character of each radiant's order in each one of the 10 books

By this chart, she's a Dustbringer, but she's actually the matron of the Lightweavers 

The general theory is that she'll become a Dustbringer by her book or during her book.

9 minutes ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

Why would a Herald turn into a Radiant of a order she isn't affiliated though? I mean, just doesn't make much sense for me 

Why not? Only one of them (Nale) actually joined his Order, and the Heralds mostly don't have much to do with the virtues they or their Orders represent anymore anyway. Needless to say, Ash has been bringing a lot of dust lately.

• Chaos locked this topic