AG4/AN1 - Day 2: Fires in the Night

Lady Emalia sat in her room late at night, staring out the tiny window at the bonfire burning down below. With such a small village, that fire would never be allowed to go out except during highstorms, and would be the main source of fire for the entire village. 

She looked at the tiny spark, lost in thought. She hadn’t meant to come here. Hadn’t meant to find another place of death and destruction, and yet...

She hated it. Why did it have to happen, this cycle of death? Was there no other way? What twisted part of the universe made it right for friend to kill friend? 

She didn’t know. Her hands shook, again. She’d survived so far. She’d been lucky enough to come out of this alive, so far. But she could feel that her luck wouldn’t hold forever. 

Emalia turned to retrieve pen and paper from her satchel, to write out her experiences in the case that she died this time. 

She had a brief glimpse of a dark figure in the room, too dark to make out with her eyes blinded from staring into the fire. 

Lady Emalia pressed her lips together, closed her eyes, and sat tall. “Fate makes a mockery of us all,” she murmured. 

A flash of pain; darkness.

Elyle woke. He judged it to be a few hours before dawn, and couldn’t tell at first what had wakened him. 

He sat up, and smelled it. Smoke. 

“Fire!” he cried. “Fire in the inn!”

Behind a closed door, Cannoc’s blackened body lay on the wooden floor, smoldering, and the flames began to catch. 

Charcoal Hyena (Cannoc) has died. They were a Villager
Saffron Iguana (Lady Emalia) has died. They were a Village Lightweaver.

Edgedancer Message: 

A solitary Melon

Not actually a Felon
The sad little Dingo
The maker of Lingo
Now there’s no more Yellin’

But I am still alive.
In this town I thrive.
So Odium beware.
I tell you to despair
Of your life I will deprive.

Day Two has begun. It will end Thursday 18 January at 10pm GMT. 
bla_1516312800.png

Player List
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture
4. Charcoal Hyena - Cannoc
5. Chartreuse Penguin
6. Coral Swan - Elyle
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly - Nolan
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo - Quentisan
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk
17. Opal Lion
18. Oxblood Beagle - Jai
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana - Emalia
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus
27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna
28. Taupe Gecko
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl

Anonymous Account Rules

Spoiler

Please sign up by PMing both Stink and myself, with your PM in the format: AG4: [Your Name]. At the start of the game, you will be issued an anonymous account. There are a number of rules associated with the use of an Anonymous Account. Please follow them carefully. Given the potential for abuse of Anonymous Accounts, any rule breaking using the accounts will be dealt with harshly.
1. Do not change the password of the anonymous account you are issued. Wilson, Stink and I will have access to all anonymous accounts for the duration of the game.
2. Do not use the anonymous accounts to PM any non-anonymous account, other than the accounts of the GMs. Please do not use your normal accounts to PM anonymous accounts.
3. Do not tell any other player or individual associated with SE, whether you are playing or not playing the Anonymous Game. Player identities will be revealed after the game, not on the death of their avatar. Players must not reveal their own identity after their death, until the end of the game, including in the dead/spec doc. Players wishing to spectate rather than play should PM Stink and myself for a link to the spectator doc. Questions and rules clarifications should be submitted in your sign up PMs, and will be posted by myself in the signups thread.
4. Do not change anything cosmetic about the accounts, including member title, username, signature, and avatar. 

Squawk removed her head from under her wing, she did not get the best sleep last night with thoughts buzzing through her head of the previous days events but she did manage some. As she started to scan the ground for breakfast she smelled something. Was that smoke? Sure enough she could see it now the smoke seemed to be coming from the inn. Storms she was gonna need to find a better place to sleep. But first, breakfast, as she eyed a big black juicy cremling.

I'll start off the day's voting with Pearl Chameleon. I am suspicious of them due to how they reacted to several accusations during day one, especially one regarding how they were lurking and within a few minute- poof, vote count. And then the thing that really set my bells off was when they said that they were happy with the amount of discussion in day 1. That just feels... off to me, especially given that chameleon hardly contributed anything to the discussion. 

With no way to differentiate between the Elim and Dustbringer kills, this is going to be hard to sort out. Both kills were kind of out of left field. Hyena didn’t really say much about anything, and Iguana made a few posts trying to help get everyone’s RP name and animal name matched up. She made one post at the end separating inactives from lurkers, and that seems to be it for discussion on the lynch. Then again, perhaps the Elims chose deliberately confusing targets to throw off our guesses as to who they’re after. @Orlok Tsubodai, will we be given info as to which kills are Dustbringer and which are elim? If not, it may be a good idea for the Dustbringer (if they’re village) to not kill anyone this cycle, just to see who the Elims are after. The deaths just honestly baffle me, but if a gun was held to my head, I’d say that the Elims killed Iguana. 

I have no real suspects to bring forward. I’ll skim the D1 thread again and see if anything pops out at me.

Before you post, please check and double check that you are using your anonymous account. If someone accidentally posts on their real account, either report it or ignore it. All posts from real accounts or quoting accidental posts from real accounts will be hidden. Thank you.

Felon as in a person that commits a felony. It's pronounced the same as melon.

Elyle sighed as he looked over the damage to his inn. Thanks to the quick response of the townsfolk, and the fact that most of the inn was soulcast stone, there han't been too much harm done. However, each incident like this would scare away future patrons. He decided he needed to fix the damage before doing anything else. With some help, he could have it fixed up in a couple hours and then get back to the work of saving the town.

Well, skimmed the threads, and I found 2 people that popped out at me. @Onyx Flamingo, you’ve been fairly active lately, which I appreciate, but your posts have mostly been RP, rules questions, and reactions to developments. Not that any of the above three are bad (in fact, I’ve posted all three of those myself), but you haven’t really said anything of note regarding the lynch. Might just be paranoia, but you’re kind of “hiding in plain sight.” Also, the way you said “good we are on the same page” felt off to me. As if you were saying the opposite of what you were thinking, which in this case would be “Elims living, villagers dying.” Beagle’s statement was obvious (which I feel he meant it to be), and there was really no need to agree with it. The fact that you did makes it look over the top and unnecessary. Not that you necessarily meant it to be, but that’s how it came out. So far I’ve got a slight Elim read on you, but explaining some of your posts and offering discussion on the lynch would go a long way towards mitigating that.

The other player is Meerkat. I’m suspicious of him for similar reasons to Flamingo: weird posts that sometimes state the obvious, such as his “oh no we lost a light weaver” post. Again, it’s obvious, and feels to me like he’s saying the opposite of what he means. Also, his argument for Coral Swan was fairly bizarre, seeming as if he was trying to redirect the lynch toward someone he perhaps knew was a villager? I’m not saying Swan is cleared, but she seems villager-y and a lynch on village!Swan would only help the Elims. Again, an explanation would help mitigate my fears, @Salmon Meerkat.

59 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

The other player is Meerkat. I’m suspicious of him for similar reasons to Flamingo: weird posts that sometimes state the obvious, such as his “oh no we lost a light weaver” post. Again, it’s obvious, and feels to me like he’s saying the opposite of what he means. Also, his argument for Coral Swan was fairly bizarre, seeming as if he was trying to redirect the lynch toward someone he perhaps knew was a villager? I’m not saying Swan is cleared, but she seems villager-y and a lynch on village!Swan would only help the Elims. Again, an explanation would help mitigate my fears, @Salmon Meerkat.

I understand your concern, and I assure you that there is a reason for my behavior. I tend to reiterate past events to provide a base for what I'm going to say. As for that post you referenced, "We lost a Lightweaver", I was short for time and couldn't really say much more than that. Now, I'll explain that its clear that Iguana did not have much of an opportunity to make use of her ability, which could have been quite beneficial for the village if used wisely.

As for your concern regarding my vote on Swan D1, you seem to have overlooked much of my explanation when I put forward the vote. We did not know anything for sure D1. As you can clearly see, looking back, that my intent in voting on Swan (generating discussion and hopefully providing new lynch candidates) was fulfilled. Do you mean to say that I was attempting to shift the lynch from Gecko to Swan? If you look back again, I was not the only player who expressed feelings that the Gecko lynch was not particularly helpful, since Gecko was purposefully cryptic and would not provide much information if it was lynched. I selected Swan as an option because she was a more active player, and her voting patterns were slightly suspicious. I left the rest of the lynch to the rest of the village, whether they agreed or not.

By saying that a village!Swan lynch would only help the Elims, yes it would, but so would any other village lynch. We had no way to know if Swan was an Elim or not, and it ended up that we lynched Dingo, who was also a villager. Though you mean well, many of your arguments could be applied to a variety of players, not just me.

3 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

I'll start off the day's voting with Pearl Chameleon. I am suspicious of them due to how they reacted to several accusations during day one, especially one regarding how they were lurking and within a few minute- poof, vote count. And then the thing that really set my bells off was when they said that they were happy with the amount of discussion in day 1. That just feels... off to me, especially given that chameleon hardly contributed anything to the discussion. 

Axolotl voted on me to get me to contribute. I would hardly call it an accusation, and it was only one post. I also made an analysis post before posting a vote count. I had started writing something up when Axolotl voted on me, but even if I hadn't, I'm not sure how making a post when Axolotl was pushing me to post is suspicious.

To be fair, I didn't post often, but my post did end up getting Dingo lynched so I wouldn't say I hardly contributed anything. And as I mentioned when I said I was happy with the day 1 discussion, I think having another strong lynch candidate (well, strong as far as D1 lynches go) helped spur discussion. If we didn't have a second candidate, a Swan bandwagon would have been likely. In hindsight, it's true I didn't post much so my contribution might have been bigger in my mind then it was in reality. Having a post influence the day's outcome the way my D1 post did is a first for me so I'm quite proud of it. :P I'm sorry we hit a villager, but it'll be useful in the long run. I'm not a fan of bringing up how long I've been on SE in an anonymous game but that might help give you a frame of reference.

Also, the IRL stuff I had mentioned before no longer apply, so I should be around.

Edited by Pearl Chameleon