3 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

At least at one point I had two votes on me. 

I am sooooo confused by this game, I don't have a good way to remember who is who. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for remembering?

Hey! Glad to see your... toothy smile! 

I'm just referring to everyone by their animals, not their colors. another idea is to create a hard copy paper of all the names, and write down notes. It does help for me, because honestly how else is a Beagle supposed to keep up? 

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin
6. Coral Swan - Elyle, a friendly innkeeper
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick, an old warrior
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly - Nolan, a desperate scholar
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo - Quentisan, an investigating woman/man (You switched genders halfway through, it makes it hard to tell)
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk, a large black chicken
17. Opal Lion
18. Oxblood Beagle - Jai, a poor orchan
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana - Emalia, a flirtatious lady
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus
27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna, a budding painter
28. Taupe Gecko - Karthik, an irritable man
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl

In respect to remembering people, please include both their RP name and their assigned animal. It makes things easier to keep track of, especially for the GMs. If you do want to vote in roleplay, I recommend putting their animal in parentheses after you use their RP name. It lets people see that they've been voted on much more easily.

28 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

@Salmon Meerkat Okay, so assume 30 players and 6 elims. Lets pick a group of 3, of which we lynch 1. Or 4, since there are 4 people that have 2+ votes on them. First person has a 24/30 chance of being village. Assuming they are village, the second person has a 23/29 chance of being village. 3rd has 22/28 and 4th has 21/27. Thus in a group of 3 there is a 24*23*22/(30*29*28)=.50 chance of having no eliminators in that group. With 4 there is a 24*23*22*21/(30*29*28*27)=.39 chance off no elims being in the group. So everything being random, there is a 61% chance one of the people with 2+ votes on them being an eliminator. The chance of actually lynching an elim (again, everything being random) is 20%, as you said. But the chance of gaining useful discussion to analyze is significantly higher.

That is true. Other variables will contribute to the chance of lynching an Elim. However, most discussion analysis becomes more effective over time, as evidence is tested against confirmed alignments. Thus, at D1, most discussion analysis yields are near zero.

21 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Come up with an RP name for yourself. If other people don't, give them one yourself, and then refer to them by that. I'm Elyle, and I'd appreciate being referred to and voted for as such, rather than coral.

See, that just makes this even more confusing. In normal games, player names are ones we’re used to and have seen for a long time, with maybe a few new ones. Now, this game is fun because we don’t know who everyone is, but we also are going to have even more trouble keeping track of names, given or RP. I’m gonna mostly stick to the animal names for that reason, I think.

59 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

. Oxblood Beagle - Jai, a poor orchan

I don't know what an Orchan is, but I'm pretty sure Jai would take offense to that. 

It was about noon when the arguing began in the main square and market. People began gathering and shouting, accusing others of being the killer. Jai headed over, because arguing meant that they weren't paying attention to their sphere pouches. The guys, at least. The women had theirs in safe hand pouches, and pick-pocketing that was nigh impossible without them noticing. He had tried. 

Sure enough, he came out with a nice pocketful of glowing spheres of various colors. Then, he headed to his next target- the bakery. Leaving the square full of squabbling, Jai walked to the bakers open stand. Sure enough, as always, he had left hot bread out to cool. And as always, Jai took one of the loaves. The man should really have learned better by now, even if it was just to actually bother to watch the storming bread. Ripping a chunk out of the bread, he headed to his next errand- another street kid. One who actually knew how to read stuff. 

"Pst. When's the next highstorm?" He asked, tossing her a large chunk of bread to get her to respond. 

"2 days, in the evening," she mumbled. "And the Boys are after you again."

Storm it. He would need to find a new alley. 2 days to find shelter? Great. 

He sat down by an inn, chewing the rest of his bread, and considering who might let him take shelter during the storm. Blacksmith was dead, the rich people were out, the innkeeper had whacked him with a staff last time he had tried to stay there, the baker would hate him for stealing his bread each day, and of course he had to avoid the Boys. There was always the stables around town, but those were stinky, and he would use them only as a last resort. 

With a sigh, Jai headed back to the center of town, to see if he could find someone who might not hate him yet. Then, he realized he had forgotten something- the spheres. Stupid. 

He quickly ran back to his alley, and found the blanket undisturbed behind the loose stone. He deposited the spheres in the blanket, wrapped it tight, and tied the loose part around his waist. Then he tucked the part with the spheres into his pants. Best to be safe. 

Back to the arguing crowd he went. Jai waited by the wall, almost hoping someone would notice him. But no, they were too busy. So he scanned the crowd, waiting to spot a person who might be willing to give him shelter during the highstorm. 

True Inactives:

@Amber Vulture @Opal Lion @Plum Rhinoceros

Lurkers:

@Chartreuse Penguin @Quartz Zebra

Lady Emalia stretched her arms, yawning deeply. A bit of beauty sleep could do wonders for the body. Still, there was work to be done. The mood in the inn had become even worse since she left. She quickly took stock of the current suspects. A cranky old man by the name of Karthik (Taupe Gecko) was currently being questioned by several angry villagers. He was apparently being overly cryptic, potentially planning some dastardly deed. She shrugged. At least he was going down swinging, accusing the innkeeper of being a Voidbringer. That case seemed even more tenuous, and he had been nice enough, so she discarded it. She examined the remaining candidates.

Pearl Chamleon was calling for Quentisan's (Melon Dingo) head. The investigator had slid into the shadows after being accused, which did seem suspicious. She made sure to make a note of that. There was also Amethyst Scorpion. He had been voted on for being a bad poet, which was accurate, and gut feeling, which was less accurate. She sighed. That didn't seem like much of a lead. Upon re-examination, Mauve Crocodile was also being attacked, merely for superstitious reasons. Again, nothing that interesting.

The whole town had practically gathered at the inn. She asked the orphan boy if anyone was missing, and found a list of five names. Three of them hadn't been spotted since the blacksmith's murder. That was understandable at least. They could have taken ill, or even murdered themselves. Given time, she knew that they would be better people in the end (Pinch hitters). However, two men had been spotted outside the tavern, yet had neglected to come in. That was simply unacceptable. They had a job to do here, and she wouldn't accept them running away from it. Like it or not, they were part of this town, and so they had to participate. One man in particular was getting some flack, and so she took up the call for his blood.

"Chartreuse Penguin, you are charged with not doing your duty as a villager of this town, and being a coward in the face of death! How do you plead?"

3 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

@Violet Axolotl Good timing. I was hoping to make another post tonight.

Pearl Chameleon

I'm also against the Gecko lynch. Their behaviour just doesn't seem like something an eliminator would do, and I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of IKYK.

So... I'm going to put a vote on Coral Swan/Elyle. They seem the most suspicious to me at the moment, and I want to maintain a tied vote.

Gecko.

Elyle was serving up some waffles when he caught the end of a conversation,"... I want to maintain a tied vote."

Elyle couldn't believe his ears, and rounded on the guest, a foreigner. "You think we should cast a die to determine who to kill? Just as well give up on trying to find out who's behind this and let them kill us one by one. I just said that targeting those not present was a cheap way to avoid showing your true colours. Well, how is this any different? You're a coward and a fool unwilling to take responsibility for your actions! See how ridiculous this is? By withdrawing my vote, there is once again no tie. I have the power to kill, be it myself or someone else, and will use that power to prevent any randomness in our decision."

Elyle turned and spoke to the whole room, "Which of you, after I am dead, has the courage to go into my son's room and explain to him that his father is dead because someone rolled a die? Maybe one or two of you, but certainly not you!" And Elyle gestured towards the stranger (Violet Axolotl). "No, if I'm truly to die, I will take my own life rather than let my fate be decided by a couple of fools. Then you can tell Elysian that his father died to save the town, which should be a little easier to stomach."

With that, Elyle collected a few plates and headed back to the kitchen to finish his pies. He was done listening to this crowd for the night.

Fair enough, Elyle.

I understand your concerns about random chance. However, at the time, it seemed like either a 50% chance to kill someone I actually suspect of being an eliminator versus the guaranteed death of someone I feel is a villager. Granted, you know your alignment; I don't. But with the limited impressions that I've gathered so far, I would rather let the dice decide than let someone I have no reason to believe is guilty die.

3 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Pearl Chameleon

I'm also against the Gecko lynch. Their behaviour just doesn't seem like something an eliminator would do, and I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of IKYK.

So... I'm going to put a vote on Coral Swan/Elyle. They seem the most suspicious to me at the moment, and I want to maintain a tied vote.

Could you be more specific about why you're suspicious of Coral Swan? 

I would echo the point to consider Dingo, and urge Dingo to be more active. I'm going to read over the analysis against swan, but at the moment it doesn't seem very strong, combine that with a general village read on Swan makes me skeptical. Furthermore, he's been really active so far. Having active players is better than non-active ones.

Karthik stood on the edge of the crowd, watching the proceedings with a vaguely interested but preoccupied expression.

"You know, it's ironic," he spoke, addressing nobody in particular. He inclined his head, feeling the first drops of a gentle rain picking up overhead.

"Our first urge is to accuse. We first call one man a murderer, and then another," he mused. "And perhaps another, and then yet another... And so on. Until the music stops, anyway. Somebody is left standing." Double metaphors, what fun.

"But the really funny part? The really funny part is... We're all about to become murderers." Karthik looked up, his face betraying little in the ways of true humor.

"Justice is, truly, a funny business. What could we possibly mean by it? Where is the notion of justice when all stand guilty?" He paused. "Most, probably, will end up dead, having murdered each other. In a way, that might be just. It is fitting that a killer be killed, and it is doubly fitting that a group of killers be killed by their own doing. But even then, is justice properly carried out? A few will be left standing when all others fall. And surely those few who are left standing are among the most grievous of murderers, yet it would seem that the price they pay is little enough compared to the rest."

"Justice, then, does not really belong to us. Curious, that we should know so keenly a thing that so completely evades our grasp." At this, a crooked smile spread across Karthik's face. "I do wonder how justice will play out along this journey."

Edited by Taupe Gecko

Well, against my better judgement, Gecko. There’s nothing really incriminating against him unless, as Axoltol said, you go into IKYK. I still can’t shake the feeling he’s elim, but the case against him is on really shaky grounds, so he should probably be let live. 

That said, I’m not sure I want to actually vote on anyone. Swan’s vote on Axoltol was done for little to no reason, and while Swan generally confuses me he/she is hard to build a real case against. Our other lynch candidates are lurkers, Dingo and Penguin, which may be a good place to start. Of the two, Dingo seems more suspect, but I’ll give him the chance to respond fully to the accusations against him before placing a vote on him. 

@Melon Dingo

With a curse of frustration Vanna crumpled up her fourth drawing and tossed it away. The village square had emptied out as everyone moved to the inn, but she’d remained seating, attempting to use her art to gather her thoughts and steady her nerves. But none of her attempts worked out. It seemed like the situation had robbed her of her ability to draw straight lines.

Vanna considered making a fifth attempt, but decided it would be a waste of paper, charcoal and time. Instead she gathered up her paper and charcoal and headed for the inn.  Hopefully the people inside would have figured out who had murdered the blacksmith by now.

“…Really, I wanted another point to express to make my argument seem more valid.” Vanna stopped in her tracks. She couldn’t be hearing correctly here. Yet the speaker obligingly kept on explaining how he’d made an argument that he knew was faulty, just to make it seem like his argument was valid. And he seemed to be completely unapologetic about it.

“Wait, so correct me if I’m wrong, but you are saying you accused someone, using arguments that you knew where wrong, but you included them anyway so that hopefully some people would agree with you?” Vanna had to suppress the urge to shout those words.  "And you somehow consider lying to get soemoen lynched because you don't have the arguments to actually make a solid case a normal thing to do?" She took a breath to calm herself, and the added one last thing. “I thought finding the culprit would be difficult, Salmon Meerkat. It seems I was wrong.”

11 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I can see how D1 discussion can be easier to analyze after the lynchee dies, because we know then their role and alignment. But on the other hand, wouldn't hitting an Elsecaller have allow us to gain the benefits of D1 discussion while preventing us from killing a villager with little evidence?

Unfortunately, not only villagers can be Elsecallers.  And not having a lynch stifles D2 discussion, not D1.  D1 discussion can be grand and wonderful, but if we hit someone who just won't die, we've wasted a lynch and have no additional information about them, except that they were an Elsecaller.

And, as the Gecko lynch doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I might as well take my vote off of them.  I don't have another place to put my vote right now, so I guess I'll check in later.

2 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

“Wait, so correct me if I’m wrong, but you are saying you accused someone, using arguments that you knew where wrong, but you included them anyway so that hopefully some people would agree with you?” Vanna had to suppress the urge to shout those words.  "And you somehow consider lying to get soemoen lynched because you don't have the arguments to actually make a solid case a normal thing to do?" She took a breath to calm herself, and the added one last thing. “I thought finding the culprit would be difficult, Salmon Meerkat. It seems I was wrong.”

Not that the argument was wrong, rather that it didn't mean anything. It was fluff, a filler, an illusion of size. And I wasn't lying, because I truly did feel like it was a little confusing. 

You miss the true reason why I brought such a forward argument. I feel that someone, should be lynched today. There are 30 of us, quite a lot, and quite difficult to keep track of all at once. I didn't see much reason in lynching Gecko, who wouldn't give us much information, so I wanted to present the village with another candidate. It was up to the village to determine how they felt about that.

4 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Swan’s vote on Axoltol was done for little to no reason, and while Swan generally confuses me he/she is hard to build a real case against.

Voting specifically to cause a tie is a really bad idea. For one thing, as I demonstrated in my post, if anyone disagrees then it is pointless to try and cause a tie. I didn't even mention the possibility of vote manipulation, both by elims and by villagers that want to stay alive. That might get us some info about role distribution, but nothing about who is village or elim, which is our primary goal. But I also think that it's it's a cheap move to go for a tie, because it feels like a middle ground. Unfortunately, this is not a game of middle grounds, but of making decisions, learning from them, and moving on.

1 minute ago, Coral Swan said:

Voting specifically to cause a tie is a really bad idea. For one thing, as I demonstrated in my post, if anyone disagrees then it is pointless to try and cause a tie. I didn't even mention the possibility of vote manipulation, both by elims and by villagers that want to stay alive. That might get us some info about role distribution, but nothing about who is village or elim, which is our primary goal. But I also think that it's it's a cheap move to go for a tie, because it feels like a middle ground. Unfortunately, this is not a game of middle grounds, but of making decisions, learning from them, and moving on.

Someone is for sure not Alvron. 

A few hours having passed with no response from Melon Dingo, my vote will go on him until he steps forward and makes actual commentary on the lynch. With no real recent developments and the vote looking fairly stable, a vote count would be nice. I think Dingo’s getting lynched if nothing changes, but I would like confirmation (and I’d like to see how susceptible the lynch is to vote manipulation).

12 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

True Inactives:

@Amber Vulture @Opal Lion @Plum Rhinoceros

Lurkers:

@Chartreuse Penguin @Quartz Zebra

Lady Emalia stretched her arms, yawning deeply. A bit of beauty sleep could do wonders for the body. Still, there was work to be done. The mood in the inn had become even worse since she left. She quickly took stock of the current suspects. A cranky old man by the name of Karthik (Taupe Gecko) was currently being questioned by several angry villagers. He was apparently being overly cryptic, potentially planning some dastardly deed. She shrugged. At least he was going down swinging, accusing the innkeeper of being a Voidbringer. That case seemed even more tenuous, and he had been nice enough, so she discarded it. She examined the remaining candidates.

Pearl Chamleon was calling for Quentisan's (Melon Dingo) head. The investigator had slid into the shadows after being accused, which did seem suspicious. She made sure to make a note of that. There was also Amethyst Scorpion. He had been voted on for being a bad poet, which was accurate, and gut feeling, which was less accurate. She sighed. That didn't seem like much of a lead. Upon re-examination, Mauve Crocodile was also being attacked, merely for superstitious reasons. Again, nothing that interesting.

The whole town had practically gathered at the inn. She asked the orphan boy if anyone was missing, and found a list of five names. Three of them hadn't been spotted since the blacksmith's murder. That was understandable at least. They could have taken ill, or even murdered themselves. Given time, she knew that they would be better people in the end (Pinch hitters). However, two men had been spotted outside the tavern, yet had neglected to come in. That was simply unacceptable. They had a job to do here, and she wouldn't accept them running away from it. Like it or not, they were part of this town, and so they had to participate. One man in particular was getting some flack, and so she took up the call for his blood.

"Chartreuse Penguin, you are charged with not doing your duty as a villager of this town, and being a coward in the face of death! How do you plead?"

The door to the in burst open, and into the inn strode a massive figure in gleaming, chartreuse shardplate. The occupants of the inn looked at each other in confusion, and began whispering amongst themselves. 

"What color is chartreuse, anyway?"

"Well, I mean, just look at the shard plate. It's right there in front of us."

"Well yeah, it's obviously chartreuse, but how would you describe the color if you couldn't see it?"

"I think it's a shade of red? Maybe with a bit of purple?"

"Naw, it's sort of a sickly yellowy-greeny color. My weird old Aunt Minna had a chartreuse rug in her house. I always thought it looked like axehound vomit."

The whispers went silent as a gleaming shardblade dropped into the shardbearer's outstretched hand. The shardbearer spoke, saying, "Who dares challenge the bravery of Brightlord Peneg Uinneas!? I have come to this town to help protect you from the voidbringer scourge, and already I hear of rumours questioning my good and noble name! I will not stand for such slander, particularly behind my back. If anyone hear doubts my courage, then let us take to the dueling arena and settle the question once and for all!"

Apologies for not posting sooner, it's been a busy weekend. I'm still trying to catch up on the thread, but I probably won't be able to catch up before rollover, so I'll refrain from voting for anyone for now. 

20 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

The door to the in burst open, and into the inn strode a massive figure in gleaming, chartreuse shardplate. The occupants of the inn looked at each other in confusion, and began whispering amongst themselves. 

"What color is chartreuse, anyway?"

"Well, I mean, just look at the shard plate. It's right there in front of us."

"Well yeah, it's obviously chartreuse, but how would you describe the color if you couldn't see it?"

"I think it's a shade of red? Maybe with a bit of purple?"

"Naw, it's sort of a sickly yellowy-greeny color. My weird old Aunt Minna had a chartreuse rug in her house. I always thought it looked like axehound vomit."

The whispers went silent as a gleaming shardblade dropped into the shardbearer's outstretched hand. The shardbearer spoke, saying, "Who dares challenge the bravery of Brightlord Peneg Uinneas!? I have come to this town to help protect you from the voidbringer scourge, and already I hear of rumours questioning my good and noble name! I will not stand for such slander, particularly behind my back. If anyone hear doubts my courage, then let us take to the dueling arena and settle the question once and for all!"

Apologies for not posting sooner, it's been a busy weekend. I'm still trying to catch up on the thread, but I probably won't be able to catch up before rollover, so I'll refrain from voting for anyone for now. 

Thanks for checking in! Quartz Zebra, i see you there. 

Is anyone else getting flashbacks to CGP Grey's Animal Kingdom Voting System videos from this? I keep on expecting when I load a new page that Queen Lion has updated the lynch vote system to preferential voting. :P (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should check those YouTube videos out, because you are missing out.)

(Yes, I know technically we're not RP'ing as our animals. But I felt like it.)

The zebra clicked their feet together in a manner he hoped would get attention. He tried a slight cough, except the throat and teeth of this damnable zebra form prevented him from mustering the appropriately dramatic "hem, hem". A few wheezes later, he gave up and tried to ignore the embarrassment of this new form.

"Hear ye, hear ye, I have a proclamation! A declaration, which all should pay heed to! I think I know who these traitors among us are!"

A few astray glances flicked over his way in bemusement.

"I'll just... er... say it, then, now that I have your attention, then? I... er... I do have your attention, don't I?"

Zebra shuffled his feet. "Anyway..."

I unfortunately think I left things too late to try and create my own lynch (a combination of a busy weekend + realizing that all the similar names meant I really needed to take notes after not taking anything in on my first readthrough) - if I did, I likely would have voted on @Magenta Albatross, who I felt was trying to blend in with the crowd in reiterating the 'Don't claim' message after several others had already done so, and then voting Scorpion "for no other reason except tone and in fear of getting a runaway vote on Coral." (For reference - Coral Swan had one vote at the time of posting, along with at least 8-10 others, while Gecko had three votes on them, and several others had two.) As such, I'm going to vote for Coral Swan. Part of this is a mild elim suspicion who is a current candidate for the lynch, but part of it is also because I feel like it nets us information about Albatross - if Swan is an Eliminator, it's quite possible Albatross is a new Elim on the same team.

@Oxblood Beagle, yup. Just finishing up now. :)

Just now, Quartz Zebra said:

Is anyone else getting flashbacks to CGP Grey's Animal Kingdom Voting System videos from this? I keep on expecting when I load a new page that Queen Lion has updated the lynch vote system to preferential voting. :P (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should check those YouTube videos out, because you are missing out.)

(Yes, I know technically we're not RP'ing as our animals. But I felt like it.)

The zebra clicked their feet together in a manner he hoped would get attention. He tried a slight cough, except the throat and teeth of this damnable zebra form prevented him from mustering the appropriately dramatic "hem, hem". A few wheezes later, he gave up and tried to ignore the embarrassment of this new form.

"Hear ye, hear ye, I have a proclamation! A declaration, which all should pay heed to! I think I know who these traitors among us are!"

A few astray glances flicked over his way in bemusement.

"I'll just... er... say it, then, now that I have your attention, then? I... er... I do have your attention, don't I?"

Zebra shuffled his feet. "Anyway..."

I unfortunately think I left things too late to try and create my own lynch (a combination of a busy weekend + realizing that all the similar names meant I really needed to take notes after not taking anything in on my first readthrough) - if I did, I likely would have voted on @Magenta Albatross, who I felt was trying to blend in with the crowd in reiterating the 'Don't claim' message after several others had already done so, and then voting Scorpion "for no other reason except tone and in fear of getting a runaway vote on Coral." (For reference - Coral Swan had one vote at the time of posting, along with at least 8-10 others, while Gecko had three votes on them, and several others had two.) As such, I'm going to vote for Coral Swan. Part of this is a mild elim suspicion who is a current candidate for the lynch, but part of it is also because I feel like it nets us information about Albatross - if Swan is an Eliminator, it's quite possible Albatross is a new Elim on the same team.

@Oxblood Beagle, yup. Just finishing up now. :)

Excellent! Only 3 inactives, all of which who seem to have never gotten on to their accounts, so they'll probably be replaced by pinch hitters. Now, a vote count would be amazing. So I'll go back and tally if no one beats me to it

26 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Please and thank you.

Did you ever retract your first vote on gecko in green? 

Ok you did. Vote count incoming. 

Weasel (1)- Ostrich

Penguin (2)- Scorpion, Iguana

Mouse (1) Dingo

Dingo (3)- Falcon, Chameleon, Dragonfly

Elephant (1) Hyena

Axolotl (1)-Swan

Scorpion (2) Tuatara, Albatross

Crocodile (2)- Gorilla, Elephant

Swan (4)- Gecko, Meerkat, Axolotl, Zebra

Heron (1)- Beagle

Meerkat (1) Toucan

I think this is right. 

No it's not, Gecko has voted twice on this count. Darn it. 

All fixed, hopefully. 

Edited by Oxblood Beagle