Okay wow i regret not coming on earlier.

@Amethyst Scorpion @Pearl Chameleon @Fuchsia Ostrich @Quartz Zebra @Mauve Crocodile

GUYS HERON IS AN ELIM

lynch him please when I flip village today 

Or maybe they win today anyways so it doesn't matter.

@Mint Heron

I was right to voice suspicion on you. It probably doesn't matter since you're on the enemy team but you'd think maybe my village reads on kangaroo and elephant had something to do with my unvoting mouse at the end. 

Now you lead a lynch on an elim and that's made the remainder of us village trust you so obviously now you go on to lynch a villager without any stoppage and you have kangaroo and mouse acting like obvious outed elims as well. 

gg.

5 hours ago, Mint Heron said:

I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I hate being evil and at this point there's no way I can finagle Kharsis into doing it.

I wouldn't mind being able to talk in the Sympathiser doc with you, though :ph34r:

Aww. Unfortunately I think that's about the only thing we can't do... It'd be fun to have you though. Should hopefully be a fun read.

2 hours ago, Mint Heron said:

We need as many players as we can to watch the thread around rollover and watch out for a hammer. If enough of us are online, we might be able to stop it or force a tie. So please, watch this thread.

Eh, this lynch suits us just fine. :P 

Though, do you really think there's any chance any (or enough really) of your fellow villagers would actually be motivated to be on? O.o

Chameleon

Edited by Azure Mouse

1 hour ago, Magenta Albatross said:

1. Okay wow i regret not coming on earlier.

@Amethyst Scorpion @Pearl Chameleon @Fuchsia Ostrich @Quartz Zebra @Mauve Crocodile

2. GUYS HERON IS AN ELIM

lynch him please when I flip village today 

Or maybe they win today anyways so it doesn't matter.

@Mint Heron

3a. I was right to voice suspicion on you. It probably doesn't matter since you're on the enemy team but 3b. you'd think maybe my village reads on kangaroo and elephant had something to do with my unvoting mouse at the end. 

4. Now you lead a lynch on an elim and that's made the remainder of us village trust you so obviously now you go on to lynch a villager without any stoppage and you have kangaroo and mouse acting like obvious outed elims as well. 

gg.

1. Yes, you should feel bad about not checking this thread earlier.

2. Interesting conclusion. Care to support that with evidence?

3. As I've already said, your reasoning wasn't very strong, since it seemed based entirely off of the idea that I was evil for thinking that the game would end that Turn. Honestly, if I actually am a Sympathiser your suspicion would have only been right due to epistemic luck. As of yet I fail to see any valid argument that I am a Sympathiser, other than perhaps my vote on you, which brings me to my next point.

4. Any fool with internet access could have placed the first vote on Elephant. I just happened to be online when Orlok posted Day Eight, and I like getting FLFC status. Besides, I don't control the rest of the village. In fact, I was hoping someone other than a known Sympathiser or you would disagree, to make the game more interesting. If I inadvertently lead everyone off a cliff when they've had two days to say, "I don't like where we're going, let's stop", it's not my fault, and I can hardly be accused of masterminding a mass suicide.

One last point: You had the time to type up all that but couldn't be bothered defending yourself from the accusations I made? Really? Really? Your defense isn't making you seem any more villagery to me.

Edited for a missed point in 3b: I awknowledge that your village reads on Elephant and Kangaroo may have influenced where your vote went, but you were inconsistent with an earlier post, where you wanted to swing the lynch off of Mouse due to a lack of competing bandwagons. Two votes in rapid succession with no reasoning at the end of the cycle seems very much like a bandwagon.

Edited by Mint Heron

30 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

1. Yes, you should feel bad about not checking this thread earlier.

2. Interesting conclusion. Care to support that with evidence?

3. As I've already said, your reasoning wasn't very strong, since it seemed based entirely off of the idea that I was evil for thinking that the game would end that Turn. Honestly, if I actually am a Sympathiser your suspicion would have only been right due to epistemic luck. As of yet I fail to see any valid argument that I am a Sympathiser, other than perhaps my vote on you, which brings me to my next point.

4. Any fool with internet access could have placed the first vote on Elephant. I just happened to be online when Orlok posted Day Eight, and I like getting FLFC status. Besides, I don't control the rest of the village. In fact, I was hoping someone other than a known Sympathiser or you would disagree, to make the game more interesting. If I inadvertently lead everyone off a cliff when they've had two days to say, "I don't like where we're going, let's stop", it's not my fault, and I can hardly be accused of masterminding a mass suicide.

One last point: You had the time to type up all that but couldn't be bothered defending yourself from the accusations I made? Really? Really? Your defense isn't making you seem any more villagery to me.

Edited for a missed point in 3b: I awknowledge that your village reads on Elephant and Kangaroo may have influenced where your vote went, but you were inconsistent with an earlier post, where you wanted to swing the lynch off of Mouse due to a lack of competing bandwagons. Two votes in rapid succession with no reasoning at the end of the cycle seems very much like a bandwagon.

None of this changes the fact that you're about to lynch a villager. So you're either a sympathiser or a villager giving the appearance of confidence. 

I'm pretty sure I addressed the accusations as well. There were a lot of other vote movements yet you fail to bring attention to them. Why?

After my death, you probably win, I'm guessing.  But just know, that I, a lone villager, knew your true self. A sympathiser. The most evil one.

P.S. You don't have any evidence either. How can you ask me for evidence?? 

P.S.S 

To the remaining villagers:

LYNCH HERON. We haven't lost yet. 

Edited by Magenta Albatross

7 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I should never have removed my vote off you. Well played.

Why not vote Heron with your remaining teammates if he's a villager?

I'm giving you a village vote.

Problem is I've got this thing about voting the next player on the list each post....

Kangaroo

11 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

There were a lot of other vote movements yet you fail to bring attention to them. Why?

I'm a busy student and picked what stood out most to investgate further. If you have other examples of suspicious vote movements, feel free to provide evidence.

AG4/AN1 - Night 10: The Gallows

The gallows loomed over them all, its frame a dark shadow against the stormy sky.

“Let’s get this over with,” Fuschia said tiredly. “If we can take out Sage today, that’s another day of life bought for us all.”

Around him, the townspeople nodded wearily. They crowded around Sage, the ever jovial, jesting Sympathiser of Odium.

Like yesterday, a distance hung between them all, a yawning chasm that they could not communicate across. Their newfound knowledge of mortality -- their own and other’s -- had changed them all.

“Wait a moment,” Kharsis said. “We already know Sage is a murderer, so we can watch him and put him under house arrest. We have to go after the less obvious murderers hiding amongst us.” He continued on, listing the benefits of temporarily leaving the known Sympathisers alone. Then, he pointed at Magenta Albatross. “I think that man is one of the murderers,” he said. “He doesn’t act like someone who wants to get rid of the Sympathisers.”

Without further comment, the townspeople shuffled around Magenta, boxing him in.

He yelped and scooted away, only to collide into someone staring blankly into his eyes. Did they even know what they were doing? Magenta turned to make a desperate break for it, but again found someone in his path. The crowd tightened around him, boxing him in.

“I’m innocent!” protested Magenta. “I promise I am. It’s Kharsis that’s evil here, not me!”

He begged, he pled, he wailed, he cried, he implored them to listen, but to no avail. The townspeople stared at him with dead eyes, eerily silent, keeping him locked up in a cage of human bodies.

Perhaps one of them might have said something, if not for the oppressive blanket of despair that pushed down from above.

“Please! You’ve known me for all of my life,” Magenta said, his voice reaching higher and higher in his desperation. “That man who accused me is a stranger. An outsider! He’s not one of us. You can’t trust him!”

“I was born here, y’know,” Kharsis grumbled. “Come on, everybody, let’s get him to the noose.”

Someone prodded Magenta forwards with a pitchfork. The press of metal, combined with the pressure of five people, forced him to stagger towards the gallows, yelling out memories of fond interactions with friends, family, and neighbors.

The people were unmoved. Perhaps they couldn’t hear Magenta’s words, or perhaps they couldn’t care. None of his words soaked through to the numb core of them, the parts that might actually listen, the parts that might understand and feel pity. The events of the past few days had locked their real selves up in hard, unfeeling, unthinking shells.

“Don’t kill me, please! It’s all a trick! You’re listening to a Sympathiser and you’re all going to die…”

A noose slipped around Magenta’s neck.

Kharsis watched from the back uncomfortably. The story of Magenta’s yearly dinner with his entire extended family made him squirm uncomfortably, seeding pangs of doubt in his gut. Did he really want to do this? Magenta looked so young, maybe only a few years older than Larsah…

He glanced at Fuschia, who glanced worriedly back at him.

“Wait!” Kharsis called. “Stop!”

The box under Magenta was kicked, and his body jerked downwards, his neck breaking instantly.

The gallows loomed over them all.

All credit to Mint Heron, once again, for the write up.

Magenta Albatross was lynched. They were a Sympathiser Windrunner

Vote Count
Magenta Albatross (5): Amethyst Scorpion, Fuchsia Ostrich, Mint Heron, Pearl Chameleon, Quartz Zebra
Sage Kangaroo (2): Azure Mouse, Mauve Crocodile
Mint Heron (0): Magenta Albatross

Night 10 has begun. It will end in 21 hours, at 10pm GMT on the 14th February.
bla_1518645600.png

Player List
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture - Villager
4. Charcoal Hyena - Cannoc - Villager
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Villager
6. Coral Swan - Elyle - Village Lightweaver
7. Cream Tuatara - Villager
8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick - Villager
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel - Village Elsecaller
11. Ivory Dragonfly - Nolan - Village Bondsmith
12. Magenta Albatross - Sympathiser Windrunner
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo - Quentisan - Village Edgedancer
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk - Village Lightweaver
17. Opal Lion - Villager
18. Oxblood Beagle - Jai - Village Willshaper
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros - Villager
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana - Emalia - Village Lightweaver
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat - Village Bondsmith
25. Sapphire Elephant - Sympathiser Skybreaker
26. Scarlet Octopus - Village Edgedancer 
27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna - Village Windrunner
28. Taupe Gecko - Villager
29. Turquoise Gorilla - Village Dustbringer
30. Violet Axolotl - Villager

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I was getting slightly nervous there. Glad we got it right with Albatross. 

Am I thinking correctly that we just need both lynch Mouse and Crocodile and this is probably over? Or is there possibly one more?

We should be at 5:3 right now. If there were six villagers, the game would have ended after Night Eight.

I'm not so sure that Crocodile must be the remaining unknown Sympathiser, but it's looking that way.

9 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

We should be at 5:3 right now. If there were six villagers, the game would have ended after Night Eight.

I'm not so sure that Crocodile must be the remaining unknown Sympathiser, but it's looking that way.

Why would the game have ended? We have to get rid of the Elims, not just outnumber them (which we have from the beginning). Are you sure you’re not actually a Sympathizer? I could see Albatross trying to save you by fingering you as Elim.

Edit: I got mixed up, it’s Kangaroo and Mouse we’re sure of. Crocodile might be, but we don’t know if there is a third.

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Why would the game have ended? We have to get rid of the Elims, not just outnumber them (which we have from the beginning). Are you sure you’re not actually a Sympathizer? I could see Albatross trying to save you by fingering you as Elim.

Edit: I got mixed up, it’s Kangaroo and Mouse we’re sure of. Crocodile might be, but we don’t know if there is a third.

Yes, obviously the player who first brought lynch-worthy attention to one Sympathiser in a drawn-out back-and-forth (Mouse), voted on him again the next day, forcing two Sympathisers to reveal themselves to save him (Kangaroo and Elephant), and led a lynch on another Sympathiser (Albatross), must be a Sympathiser. It makes so much sense, doesn't it?

I know I retracted from Albatross last cycle, but I would've been pretty bloody stupid to start a bus on a teammate and leap off at the end, if I was a Sympathiser who wanted to gain trust. Besides, at this point in the game, the Sympathisers only need one village mislynch to win. Why bother gaining trust to aid me in winning later when I could have led a lynch on a villager and won now instead?

Had there been six Sympathisers, the game would have ended after Night Eight. While the village must kill all of the Sympathisers to win, they have to outnumber the village. Evil players usually consist of either 1/5 or the square root of all the players in the game. 1/5 of 30 is 6, and the square root of 30 is about 5.477, which means that if this game was balanced, there would be either five or six evil players. On Night Eight, there were twelve living players. That means the village to Sympathiser ratio was either 7:5 or 6:6. A kill went through that Night, putting our numbers at either 6:5 or 5:6. Had there been five villagers and six Sympathisers, the game would have ended after Night Eight, because they would have reached their win con. The game is obviously still running. Therefore, there must only be five Sympathisers.

If you are still sceptical of my math, or somehow suspect that I am manipulating the numbers for some nefarious purpose, I invite you to track the numbers yourself, starting from the beginning of the game. You'll get to the exact same conclusion.

Edited by Mint Heron

2 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

If you are still sceptical of my math, or somehow suspect that I am manipulating the numbers for some nefarious purpose, I invite you to track the numbers yourself, starting from the beginning of the game. You'll get to the exact same conclusion.

Wyrmimir,
I think the problem that's here
is that you made a mistake
and now Scorp thinks you're a fake

1 hour ago, Mint Heron said:

If there were six villagers, the game would have ended after Night Eight.

@Mint Heron, I’m fully aware that I’m just being probably unreasonably paranoid at this point. I certainly wouldn’t support lynching you, not yet at least, not until we get the ones we know, and we know we can’t risk a mislynch. 

Oh, and @Fuchsia Ostrich, I’m somewhat flattered, but no, I’m not Len.

53 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Wyrmimir,
I think the problem that's here
is that you made a mistake
and now Scorp thinks you're a fake

Ah. Thanks M'Hael. That's what happens when I don't think about what I type. #noedits!Kas #sleepdeprivation #sleepisgod #don'tbelikeme

19 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

@Mint Heron, I’m fully aware that I’m just being probably unreasonably paranoid at this point. I certainly wouldn’t support lynching you, not yet at least, not until we get the ones we know, and we know we can’t risk a mislynch. 

Oh, and @Fuchsia Ostrich, I’m somewhat flattered, but no, I’m not Len.

It would help if you didn't actively accuse people you don't want to lynch >>

Chinese New Year is coming up on the 16th, so I'll probably be less active around then (probably from the 15th to the 17th). Sorry guys, but you should be able to handle things if you all actually speak :P I'll do a lot of things for SE, but skipping CNY ain't one of 'em.