Honestly, @Coral Swan, there was nothing really to base that lynch on, I wasn’t feeling it, and I don’t feel a need to justify not commenting on why I did or didn’t vote for you and Dingo at this stage. It was pretty clear and completely muddy at the same time, like most day 1 votes.

For today, I was going to vote on Plum Rhino for inactivity, but I suppose we’ll just let the filter take care of anyone who really goes inactive. 

From today’s posts so far, Indigo Weasel seems to be trying to ferret out (sorry) reasons from flimsy reasons made to sound more confident, which is something I’ve done as an Elim. That’s the first thing that has really raised eyebrows for me, while most other things sounded like villagers or were just NAI.

12 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

From today’s posts so far, Indigo Weasel seems to be trying to ferret out (sorry) reasons from flimsy reasons made to sound more confident, which is something I’ve done as an Elim. That’s the first thing that has really raised eyebrows for me, while most other things sounded like villagers or were just NAI.

You in fact accusing me in thing in which I accused Flamingo, I honestly don't see where my reasoning is flimsy. And I don't see from where you can find not flimsy reasons on turn 2.

In fact I can accuse you in same thing in which you accused me if you think that my reasons is flimsy... this confusing...

Edit. Also after PM from Flamingo he\she looks more like new player, not elim who tried to throw some random suspicions. Or that can be some kind of trick... hmm... need to think about this little bit more.

Edited by Indigo Weasel

Jai gave a weird look at all the people who were looking at him. They expected him to give them something useful? He had just taken one persons sandwich, and they hadn't even noticed, so focused they were on determining who to kill. Several people looked shifty, but honestly Jai was really just trying to shove other people to do the work. As long as he didn't die, did he really care? 

Something twisted in his gut, and he knew he was lying to himself. He did care, just a little. But not enough to not swipe that bowl of soup that had been abandoned. 

3 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

A notice was found pinned to the front of the Thoughtful Skyeel reading:

Some of you have expressed concerns about my silence and that of others on the matter of the murder. Well, yesterday most people had wrapped up their business for the week and had plenty of time to talk. But if we don't do the practical things necessary to keep this town running then it will fall apart regardless of whether we catch the murderers running around.

Of the people that voted on me, I am most suspicious of Taupe Gecko, and secondly of Violet Axolotl. Neither of them really gave any justification behind their vote or suggested how their vote might be helpful to the village. Salmon's vote and explanation felt weird, but I ultimately agree with their rationale for voting for me, and I honestly would have been fine dying last cycle as a result. Zebra's vote on me felt pretty natural and a legitimate attempt to try and solve the game.

I'm a little concerned that Jai and Nolan (Beagle and Dragonfly) tried to divert the lynch away from me. Jai did send me a PM, but the lynch was off of me by the time I got around to responding, and I've had no private communication with Nolan. I'm not entirely sure why they trusted me enough to save me.  Actually, Aldrick (@Emerald Falcon) looks like they were trying to defend me as well:

It's not anything that justifies a vote, because I was contributing a lot and still plan to, but I have my eye on these players.

Looking through last cycle, I'm concerned about @Cream Tuatara, @Fuchsia Ostrich, @Amethyst Scorpion, @Magenta Albatross, and @Turquoise Gorilla. Just briefly it seemed to me that all of them were lurking and none made any comments about the lynch between myself and Dingo, even to say that they didn't think their own vote was necessary. I'd like to hear some analysis of the lynch last cycle, what your thoughts are on the three players that defended me and the four that voted for me. Or something else if you think it is more important.

My vote is going on Taupe Gecko for now, because I'm not really sure my suspicion of them can be explained away. However, I'd also like to hear your opinion of the things I've mentioned in this post.

Honestly, it was mainly gut suspicion. To be fair, your response to my vote seemed a lot more village than your other posts did, at least to me. That, and I'm not very good at explaining things whatsoever, which usually gets me killed in these games. I also didn't quite understand your suspicion of Gecko, though a retaliatory vote is a very instinctive response. I'm not entirely sure where you fall as far as experience goes, but I remember doing that a lot in the first few games I played. Is that sufficient evidence for a Day 1 vote where no one has any information?
... and you're probably going to lynch me for this, aren't you? Fine. Go ahead. See if I care. It's not like that happens every time I'm actually active. Oh wait...

@Violet Axolotl I'm not really looking for a further explanation from you about D1. I agree that there isn't much to go on during the first day, but the way you went about things makes me suspicious of you. I'd rather hear you say who you would prefer to lynch this cycle and why.

I'd be down to lynch pretty much anyone I mentioned in my post, but I had to pick somebody to vote on, so I chose Taupe. The only people I'd really be wary about lynching right now are the ones contributing legitimate analysis to the thread, since if they end up being elims then all of their content will be useful if we do get around to lynching them.

6 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

I'd be down to lynch pretty much anyone I mentioned in my post, but I had to pick somebody to vote on, so I chose Taupe. The only people I'd really be wary about lynching right now are the ones contributing legitimate analysis to the thread, since if they end up being elims then all of their content will be useful if we do get around to lynching them.

2 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

I personally think that the best way to identify people is by having everyone contribute more. If more people do RP, and discuss the lynch, it will be easier to differentiate between people. Although spreadsheets and notes might help, discussion is the key to a healthy village. 

There are some people I am suspicious of but I never realized how many people we have heard so little from.

I agree with both Coral and swan here which is why I posted the results of how many times people have been posting. I think it will be extremely important to have people contributing and posting MEANINGFUL content. You will see in my statistics posts that the most common shared post count is 2... and that is/was shared by 5 people and Rhino just made his first post today, though I have seen him online several times. 

I think the best way to do this is through poke votes. We need data and contribution to make informed decisions and we can't get that if many people aren't posting or are saying they don't have time to post now. That's the way I'm kind of thinking and if we can get several people more invested this way it will help our village a lot. And if they respond and contribute meaningfully to the conversation we don't have to lynch them.

It feels weird having such a meta conversation about this but what do you guys think?

Hi, sorry for not being active much thus far. Similar to Octo, I am having some trouble keeping up, and don't have a ton of time to be on and do a ton of analysis. That said, I do plan on being active in the future, and I have done some analysis. What really stood out to me is how Onyx Flamingo was aggressive when accused earlier by Ivory Dragonfly. This has the only thing I have come up with so far, and am by no means accusing them, but would like an explanation of the aggression. 

While part of me agrees with the idea of going after barely active players, I think it's more likely that the elims are among the more active players. Having a special role naturally leads to higher investment in the game. As such, I doubt the elims are going to stick to the sidelines.
*crosses fingers that I don't get lynched for trying to contribute to discussion*
Problem is, as much as I would like to, I simply don't have the time to analyze every post. I'm going to tentatively put my vote on Pearl Chameleon, mainly because the way they bolded the vote count D1 seemed a tad misleading to me. In short, they bolded everyone tied with two votes, while doing nothing to emphasize the one person accused with three votes. Was that intentional or accidental, @Pearl Chameleon?

I'd wager that the elim distribution is similar to the villager one; some active and some lurker. There could even be some elims that are totally inactive, since they never would have seen their role. I've been on an elim team with inactive/low active players enough to not discount the possibility.

42 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

There are some people I am suspicious of but I never realized how many people we have heard so little from.

I agree with both Coral and swan here which is why I posted the results of how many times people have been posting. I think it will be extremely important to have people contributing and posting MEANINGFUL content. You will see in my statistics posts that the most common shared post count is 2... and that is/was shared by 5 people and Rhino just made his first post today, though I have seen him online several times. 

I think the best way to do this is through poke votes. We need data and contribution to make informed decisions and we can't get that if many people aren't posting or are saying they don't have time to post now. That's the way I'm kind of thinking and if we can get several people more invested this way it will help our village a lot. And if they respond and contribute meaningfully to the conversation we don't have to lynch them.

It feels weird having such a meta conversation about this but what do you guys think?

I fully agree with you @Onyx Flamingo. While I may have devoted an absurd amount of my life to this game over the weekend, I’m now on a more limited schedule that lets me make 2-3 posts at night and 1 in the morning. However, I’m trying to cram as much analysis into each as I can, to continue to try to be active. I’m not asking for a full commitment to posting, just that each person could put out at least 1 solid post per day. If we want to be able to find the Elims, we need discussion among all members of the village. That said, with the cycle so close to ending, I can’t afford to use my vote as a poke vote, since due to the nature of my schedule it’s more than likely I won’t be able to get on the Shard within 10 hours of the cycle ending. I need to place my vote now, and see where things stand in the morning. 

So...yeah, I don’t have a suspect to really vote on. Though I still don’t trust Flamingo fully, I don’t have enough on him to justify a lynch vote. Same goes for Meerkat. So, I will poke vote Mint Heron despite my earlier assurance that I would do no such thing, and hope that the lynch develops enough overnight to give me a clearer target in the morning.

@Ivory Dragonfly I don't think that you were being overly aggressive at all. "At their throats" was a figure of speech - it felt like both of you were accusing each other and reacting strongly back (in ways that were completely and totally appropriate at all times, I might add...)

1 hour ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I'll see what I can do with regards to meaningful content. I might just pick 4 or 5 players and follow them closely - just to narrow the field down to something my brain can handle.

But no, meta conversations aren't weird, and they are often quite important! Keep at it.

For me, the primary thing drawing my attention is the spat between you and Dragonfly. I am surprised by the vehemence of your response, and that has drawn attention for me. I'm certain that it's not worth voting on yet, but it is interesting.

I'd be more interested in the way Dragonfly agreed with you despite suspecting you except for the fact that your comments on the harmful nature of inactivity are hard to disagree with.

However, I am certain that poke votes is not the best way to deal with the problem. Or, at least, it harms the village more than it helps. Consider: we are more than halfway through D2. D1 had a great deal of discussion, but nothing organized and no strong suspicions came out of it. Today has generally followed suit. If we waste our remaining time on poke votes (which I have historically understood as votes which are placed solely for the purpose of trying to get a player posting, and which will be removed if a post happens), we will come to the close of the day with no lynch target. And when we go back to analyze today's conversation, all of the poke votes will seem innocuous. It's hard to find patterns of behavior when everyone is voting to get other people posting and then removing the vote after they do that.

I had more stuff to say, but I'm tired, so for now I'll say this-my reason for voting on Chameleon was wrong, i misremembered how that played out, so I'm retracting my suspicions. 

Less actives, please contribute anything you can. I feel like that's been what I've repeated many times, but seriously, the more villagers we have active, the better. 

But if you're an elim, feel free to drift into inactivity. 

Current vote tally:

Chameleon (1): Beagle, Axolotl

Gecko (1): Swan

Flamingo (1): Weasel

Rhino (0): Beagle

Weasel (1): Scorpion

Heron (1): Dragonfly

I didn't post anything earlier, because I didn't have my thoughts laid out and I didn't want to post some half-baked slew of words.

Impressions on the votes so far: Despite Flamingo being quite active and verbal about the lynch and suspicious, it has not actually cast a vote. I find this interesting, because most of the other active players this cycle have already voted. That isn't alignment indicative, but I just thought that was an interesting bit of data. Both Heron and Chameleon have not posted yet/barely posted this cycle. @Opal Lion mentioned it wanted to sit back until the lynch progressed to vote, though was leaning towards voting on Flamingo, if anyone. 

There were quite a few players who posted once, but have not posted since. I technically fall into that category, but this post breaks that. @Sage Kangaroo, @Sunburst Toucan, @Mauve Crocodile (though you've posted a few times, they were small) @Cream Tuatara, @Amber Vulture@Scarlet Octopus, and @Pearl Chameleon. I suggest you come out and say a few things.

Of the individuals with votes on them, I'm interested to hear what Gecko has to say. It said that it had a large analysis coming up sometime in the next hours. @Mint Heron should actually say something, but otherwise, I'm not sure what to think of the other candidates.

1 hour ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

For me, the primary thing drawing my attention is the spat between you and Dragonfly. I am surprised by the vehemence of your response, and that has drawn attention for me. I'm certain that it's not worth voting on yet, but it is interesting.

2 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

What really stood out to me is how Onyx Flamingo was aggressive when accused earlier by Ivory Dragonfly. This has the only thing I have come up with so far, and am by no means accusing them, but would like an explanation of the aggression. 

This definately seems like what is on most people's minds so let me explain. 

I went into it a litle bit on the post but at the time I thought Dragonfly, Beagle, and Swan were all Elims. That they swung the vote off of Swan on day 1 onto dingo to protect one of their own. Then I thought that because I was poking into what Beagle said about "I hope everything goes well tonight " that Dragonfly was setting me up to be the next Melon Dingo without drawing suspicion for beagle. 

Rereading my post I do realize it sounds really aggressive, more so than I meant t. But I thought it was crazy that the people who lynched an innocent were going to accuse me who was trying to not even have a day 1 lynch( which thats a whole nother story).

1 hour ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Impressions on the votes so far: Despite Flamingo being quite active and verbal about the lynch and suspicious, it has not actually cast a vote. I find this interesting, because most of the other active players this cycle have already voted. That isn't alignment indicative, but I just thought that was an interesting bit of data. Both Heron and Chameleon have not posted yet/barely posted this cycle. @Opal Lion mentioned it wanted to sit back until the lynch progressed to vote, though was leaning towards voting on Flamingo, if anyone. 

Meerkat is of course right.. I should be making a vote even if I'm not completely sure about the person. As such I will poke @Chartreuse Penguin Chartreuse Penguin Because as @Sunburst Toucan said so elegantly in RP he did contact all of us birds in a PM even thought I thought it was a funny idea but maybe it had other motives, But more importantly he has been online multiple times today viewing this thread but hasn't made a single comment today, so I really want to know his thoughts.

Vanna wished she could be elsewhere, preferably far away from this mountain. Wishing didn’t make it so, and she knew she wouldn’t be able to bring herself to leave, but still, thoughts of freedom taunted her.

Discussion had continued to swirl around her, but lately several people had come by to prompt her to participate as well. Thing is, she didn’t have anything to add. That wasn’t really a reason to not participate, of course, but she’d always tried to avoid speaking up when she didn’t have anything of value to add.

Yet as she looked over those present again, she didn’t notice one thing. Albatross, someone who she’d been somewhat suspicious of since yesterday hadn’t been seen at all last night, or today. Was he hiding?

Vanna sighed. There was probably a completely reasonable excuse for why he wasn’t present, and going after him because of his odd vote while he wasn’t even there to defend himself wouldn’t particularly help anyone. Unless he was guilty, of course. After a moment's hesitation, Vanna spoke up. "I've got some questions for Albatross (@Magenta Albatross) about his reasons for going after Scoprion yesterday. So if he could join us here to answer them, I'd appreicate it."

7 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Just out of curiosity, Ivory, how is it that you don't trust Flamingo, but at the same time agree w/ them? That doesn't seem right to me. 

I agree with his comments about inactive players needing to post more, but I don’t trust that he’s a villager. 

I’m a little annoyed that we have so little information to go on for this lynch. We have half the discussion we did D1 (though I suppose D1 was a weekend, so people, including myself, could get on more.) I’ve read back through the first cycle again, and still no one I haven’t already examined jumps out at me. There’s a few people I have mild suspicions of, but due to low activity levels I can’t really build a comprehensive case against them simply because I haven’t heard enough from them. With no other options, I’m keeping my vote on Mint Heron, which sucks because I won’t be online again until after the cycle ends. I urge the village to please find a good lynch candidate among the flurry of posts from D1, and succeed where I have failed. The people I have mild suspicions of are @Magenta Albatross and @Amethyst Scorpion, for general low post quality, and the posts they do make talking about the lynch seem off. Can’t really say much more, but PLEASE make a good decision today. At the very least, actually lynch someone. Our votes are too spread out.

It interests me that Ivory said:

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

At the very least, actually lynch someone.

While I understand that lynches is how we kill mafia, but it seems weird to me that they talked about how little information we have for the lynch, but insisted that we need a lynch.
This just feels off to me.
As for my vote, I am going to vote Onyx Flamingo for lack of a better thought and the fact that people need to vote

8 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

There were quite a few players who posted once, but have not posted since. I technically fall into that category, but this post breaks that. @Sage Kangaroo, @Sunburst Toucan, @Mauve Crocodile (though you've posted a few times, they were small) @Cream Tuatara, @Amber Vulture@Scarlet Octopus, and @Pearl Chameleon. I suggest you come out and say a few things.

Yeah sorry about that.  Got a bit distracted.

I personally don't agree with the suspicions of Onyx.  Really, they do seem to be just a new player, or a player with style that's just a little off.  I've seen it happen before, and I don't think it's really a good reason to be suspicious of them.  

I'm pretty trusting of Ivory, Scarlet, and I'm starting to feel ok about Oxblood after re-reading the thread.  He's generally more pushing for activity than a typical Elim, and he's encouraging conversation even if he's not exactly being the most analysis-y.  I'm still paranoid, of course, because I'm me, and it could all be a cover. :P 

However, I do feel slightly suspicious of Taupe.  It's mostly just fluffy posts along with the D1 screwery, which I still don't quite understand.  It's one thing to have a play style that ticks people off, while you're trying.  Actively messing around in the thread I don't love.  If they do end up posting an analysis before the cycle ends, as they said they would, I might take my vote off of them.  I suppose it depends on what the analysis is like.

I have a bit of trouble reading RP, especially for actual analysis, so I tend to be a bit more suspicious of the players that RP a lot, simply because it's actively harder to read them.  I do understand that this is just a play style, and this is, after all, an RP server, so I suppose I can't really fault them for it. :P 

And it's totally not because I'm jealous cause I can't RP

Edited by Sage Kangaroo

Ooops. Time got away from me a bit. But gonna try do a read through of the game so far, and give some thoughts, maybe. I'll just be typing here as I read, so if it's a bit of a ramble, oops! :{P

Probably already said this, but I disagree with not having a D1 lynch, and relying on vig kills is a bad idea in general. Sure, in theory you could hope for a Cop to find the Town Vig, form a trust group, and start taking out everyone else, but that's not a particularly fun way to play a game. It's also very slow, and you're unlikely to get enough people on board.

Sigh... As much as the idea of RP'ing all posts is a cool idea, it gives me a head ache trying to remember to whom the names refer to, and actually trying to extract the important info from posts....

I like Coral Swans thoughts on D1 lynches though.

[Spends quite awhile rereading through the game, taking notes, but needs to do more passes over the game in more detail, possibly focusing on specific things to be able to post any proper analysis. Don't think I'm getting that done this cycle though...]

Hmm. So rather than continue listing out random thoughts, instead, I'm going to double check the vote tally first:
Gecko(2): Swan, Kangaroo
Flamingo(2): Weasel, Rhino
Weasel(1): Scorpion
Chameleon(1): Axolotl
Heron(1): Dragonfly
Penguin(1): Flamingo
Albatross(1): Toucan

So far, I'd be leaning village on Swan, though that's probably because I agree with a lot of what they've so far, so I'm probably a bit biased, and probably Flamingo (based on this post, although I disagree with a lot of what they have to say Edit: that was re: d1, not other stuff ). Not sure if I'll be around for the next while. Should hopefully be able to be on shortly before the end of cycle though.

Edited by Azure Mouse