15 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

I understand your concern, and I assure you that there is a reason for my behavior. I tend to reiterate past events to provide a base for what I'm going to say. As for that post you referenced, "We lost a Lightweaver", I was short for time and couldn't really say much more than that. Now, I'll explain that its clear that Iguana did not have much of an opportunity to make use of her ability, which could have been quite beneficial for the village if used wisely.

As for your concern regarding my vote on Swan D1, you seem to have overlooked much of my explanation when I put forward the vote. We did not know anything for sure D1. As you can clearly see, looking back, that my intent in voting on Swan (generating discussion and hopefully providing new lynch candidates) was fulfilled. Do you mean to say that I was attempting to shift the lynch from Gecko to Swan? If you look back again, I was not the only player who expressed feelings that the Gecko lynch was not particularly helpful, since Gecko was purposefully cryptic and would not provide much information if it was lynched. I selected Swan as an option because she was a more active player, and her voting patterns were slightly suspicious. I left the rest of the lynch to the rest of the village, whether they agreed or not.

By saying that a village!Swan lynch would only help the Elims, yes it would, but so would any other village lynch. We had no way to know if Swan was an Elim or not, and it ended up that we lynched Dingo, who was also a villager. Though you mean well, many of your arguments could be applied to a variety of players, not just me.

Pressed for time is quite a legitimate reason, as I know that feeling well. Consider my suspicions of that post assayed. 

I had overlooked some of your reasons for your vote on Swan, but your “fluff” post still seems suspect. While I understand this may just be your way of saying that the post was meant to prompt lynch discussion instead of being a specific accusation of Swan, it still comes off strangely. But I’ll look over it for now, as your intentions seem fairly clear, even if the post was not.

My last point about the redirection of the lynch was addressed mainly at you because you specifically moved the lynch from a player that was (at the time) unresponsive and random to a player that had been actively posting. Now, I understand you were trying to broaden the range of lynch canidates (and I am glad you steered the vote away from Gecko, as he’s actually a useful villager now that he’s explaining himself), but at the time the vote seemed somewhat random and based on fairly flimsy evidence, considering that Swan was active and doing her best to contribute to discussion. (Although that may be a common theme across most D1 lynches.) Nevertheless, now that Swan has become less suspect, who do you propose we lynch? I still think @Onyx Flamingois most suspect for reasons outlined in my previous post, but I’d like to hear more of your thoughts.

Apologies for not posting during the night cycle, btw. I checked the thread and just didn’t end up taking the time to post.

Three villagers down, one possibly to a vigilante village role, or an Elim kill role, though giving them two kill roles would mean a fairly small team I’d think. I’ll try to do some more serious analysis. I don’t think that looking through who voted on Dingo last cycle will help much, but there may be other clues to tease out, like some people have already been seeing with people who didn’t follow up on their stated positions.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:01 PM, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Well, skimmed the threads, and I found 2 people that popped out at me. @Onyx Flamingo, you’ve been fairly active lately, which I appreciate, but your posts have mostly been RP, rules questions, and reactions to developments. Not that any of the above three are bad (in fact, I’ve posted all three of those myself), but you haven’t really said anything of note regarding the lynch. Might just be paranoia, but you’re kind of “hiding in plain sight.” Also, the way you said “good we are on the same page” felt off to me. As if you were saying the opposite of what you were thinking, which in this case would be “Elims living, villagers dying.” Beagle’s statement was obvious (which I feel he meant it to be), and there was really no need to agree with it. The fact that you did makes it look over the top and unnecessary. Not that you necessarily meant it to be, but that’s how it came out. So far I’ve got a slight Elim read on you, but explaining some of your posts and offering discussion on the lynch would go a long way towards mitigating that.

Thats an interesting take... but I fail to see how:

Ah! Good glad we are on the same page

can seem so disingenuous that it would mean a lynch

As for the Rping and discussion let me just say I didnt feel comfortable with you know MAKING A MISTAKE!!! Like lynching a villager because a day 1 lynch was dumbv! so Sorry if i didnt jump on your bandwagon to kill an innocent villager. In matter of fact I would say that's a pretty good indication that I'm not a elim because i didnt just want to shoot a gun into a crowd and hope for the best by casting a random vote.

Yet here you are willing to commit the same mistake again Ivory Dragonfly

You have said straight out maybe it is your paranoia, and maybe it is. Or maybe it is something else.I don't know but I'm not going to jump to conclusions about it.

AS for my statement last night here is some of the statements Oxblood has made

Nights tend to be more quiet due to not being much to do, for those who don't have night roles, who are not exactly inclined to share in-thread. I hope everything goes well tonight.

he says straight out that at night there is much to do yet he is posting and hopes everything "goes well tonight" which if you are a villager and dont have much to do what are you hoping "goes well"? I hope nothing goes well? probably not what he had in mind but you know I thought I would ask for some clarification. 

Especially since he has said some of these other things.

Anyway, as someone was trying to say, only a few people haven't said anything yet. Since Everyone else has at least said something, i think we should concentrate on the lynch. I think having one vote on a bunch of people might be a bad idea.

Yeah one vote on a bunch of people would be awful because we might not lynch someone.

I'm still put off by mint herons lack of saying anything, but I think dingo is the better lynch, for the same reasons Dragonfly states.

This is around the time when swan had 4 votes and dingo had 3 and look who he agreed with!

And here I am asking for clarification from your buddy oxblood and I get candidate status for lynching from you... cant make it too obvious can we now?

Spoiler

thinfi.com/s16f

Three parts to find the worm inside the golden apple: 

• Number two hundred and five quadrillion, one hundred sixty seven trillion, four hundred thirty two billion, six hundred fifty two million, nine hundred forty seven thousand, four hundred fifty six. 
  • 18A07234696422108, if only we had two more fingers. 
  • 1-18 5-5 0-14 1-10 1-9 3-4 4-8 5-3 9-6 8-11 0-12 7-19 4-1 4-7 5-13 9-15 4-17 6-16 1-2

Edited by Elbereth
decryption 2

15 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Apologies for not posting during the night cycle, btw. I checked the thread and just didn’t end up taking the time to post.

Three villagers down, one possibly to a vigilante village role, or an Elim kill role, though giving them two kill roles would mean a fairly small team I’d think. I’ll try to do some more serious analysis. I don’t think that looking through who voted on Dingo last cycle will help much, but there may be other clues to tease out, like some people have already been seeing with people who didn’t follow up on their stated positions.

Same here as far as activity goes. For some reason, I thought nights didn't count for that. My apologies.

I'll look over everything some time soon and present my analysis then. I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been presented at the moment.

3 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

As for the Rping and discussion let me just say I didnt feel comfortable with you know MAKING A MISTAKE!!! Like lynching a villager because a day 1 lynch was dumbv! so Sorry if i didnt jump on your bandwagon to kill an innocent villager. In matter of fact I would say that's a pretty good indication that I'm not a elim because i didnt just want to shoot a gun into a crowd and hope for the best by casting a random vote.

The thing is, we have to "shoot a gun into a crowd." At the start, the village is acting randomly, while the elims aren't. That means that we should eventually be able to find a pattern and kill the actual elims. I'm not going to vote to lynch you just because you were part of a bandwagon on a villager. Being squeamish about killing people looks very similar to being noncommittal though, so I might vote to lynch you for not participating in a "bandwagon to kill an innocent villager."

Sorry for not getting around to voting tonight. I will say that I'm leaning villager on Salmon.

So, I’m a bit lost. I’m not used to games that have 27 people in them, and I’m having trouble managing my notes because of that, which is why i haven’t posted yet. (Also, I haven’t had enough time to post anything other than “Hey, still reading, i’ll post when I have time”) So, if anyone has any advice on how to watch for relationships in a crowd of 30 players with no past profiles to draw from, i would appreciate it.

For now though, I’m going to just look at Penguin, Scorpion, Crocodile, and Swan. Those four all had two or more votes on them when Dingo got to 4 votes. (I think)

At the moment, I don’t have any other thoughts. Sorry!

8 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Thats an interesting take... but I fail to see how:

can seem so disingenuous that it would mean a lynch

Yet here you are willing to commit the same mistake again Ivory Dragonfly

You have said straight out maybe it is your paranoia, and maybe it is. Or maybe it is something else.I don't know but I'm not going to jump to conclusions about it.

AS for my statement last night here is some of the statements Oxblood has made

he says straight out that at night there is much to do yet he is posting and hopes everything "goes well tonight" which if you are a villager and dont have much to do what are you hoping "goes well"? I hope nothing goes well? probably not what he had in mind but you know I thought I would ask for some clarification. 

Especially since he has said some of these other things.

Yeah one vote on a bunch of people would be awful because we might not lynch someone.

This is around the time when swan had 4 votes and dingo had 3 and look who he agreed with!

And here I am asking for clarification from your buddy oxblood and I get candidate status for lynching from you... cant make it too obvious can we now?

I never said that I was going to lynch you based on that post, and had no intention of doing so. It simply felt off to me, and I wanted an explanation behind your thought processes to clear some of my suspicions. 

As Coral Swan said, the only way the village can find Elims is by lynching people. The threat of a lynch forces players to talk, and if we simply track the Elim kills there’s really no way to sort out who they are when there’s no discussion in-thread. And you also have to follow through on the lynch, so Elims don’t think they can just sit back, make a few posts about nothing really at all, and keep killing people.  Yes, I was originally opposed to a day 1 lynch. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but I’ve come to see the reasoning behind it, and I think Dingo’s lynch was beneficial in the sense that even though we lost a villager, we cleared a potential suspect and can now move on to other players.

Beagle’s first comment, while obvious, seems genuine based on his preamble to it. With little night discussion, and people submitting kill orders and such, he’s hoping the village benefits. While it may seem off slightly, it’s also obvious what his intent is (even if he is Elim, he’s not going to say “oh I hope a ton of villagers die tonight”) so I was simply wondering why you asked for clarification when you probably already knew the answer. 

In the second post, he mentions that if the village wants a lynch they should consolidate their spread-out votes. This makes logical sense, and is a post that anyone wanting a D1 lynch would likely make, regardless of their alignment. I don’t really see how you find it suspicious.

The third post is him agreeing with the Dingo lynch and placing his vote on it. He likely didn’t want to make the same points I did over again, and so simply quoted me. 

As to your accusation that Beagle and I are somehow collaborating secretively, yes, we have a PM and both trust each other as villagers. That doesn’t mean I have a blind spot for him- again, his “hopes everything goes well” post feels off to me. However, when taken in context with the entirety of his posts, it makes more sense. We trust each other, and I don’t see how that’s a bad thing as long as I’m keeping an eye on his posts for any suspicious comments.

Anyway, I have to go to school now, so I hope lynch discussion develops as I’m away. Should be back around 6 pm EST.

5 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

The thing is, we have to "shoot a gun into a crowd." At the start, the village is acting randomly, while the elims aren't. That means that we should eventually be able to find a pattern and kill the actual elims. I'm not going to vote to lynch you just because you were part of a bandwagon on a villager. Being squeamish about killing people looks very similar to being noncommittal though, so I might vote to lynch you for not participating in a "bandwagon to kill an innocent villager."

Kind of have to agree here.   Sometimes you've got to shoot a gun into a crowd to see who'll run.  You can't always just look at them closely to try and find out. :P  Actions speak louder than words, etc etc.

As far as Beagle goes...  seems a little fluffy.  Like they're posts aren't making me super suspicious of them, and their general activity seems villager, but just after skimming their posts they seem a little like a lot of words and not a lot of meaning.

That said, I don't think that Beagle is an Elim.  Not definitely, anyway.

And I don't have a lot else to say for now.  I'll be back on later after reviewing the past cycle or so, and hopefully I'll have put something together. :P 

Vanna’s dreams had been about fire and smoke. Her awakening merely contained smoke, so she supposed that was something of an improvement. The news that followed did much to ruin her day, though. Another two townsfolk had died, and there was no sign of the perpetrators.

She grabbed her notebook and charcoal on her way out of her house, and after a moment’s hesitation also brought her sketchbook. ‘One can always hope
’

That hope was quickly dashed as the town square was once again a milling group of confused citizens. She started looking for Meerkat, her prime suspect of the previous day, but as she found him she heard Elyle saying that he no longer suspected him. That stopped Vanna in her tracks. Meerkat had been going after Elyle with no other reason than that he wasn’t Gecko, yet Elyle was willing to forgive this? In light of that revelation, it would probably be wrong for Vanna to push for further interrogation of Meerkat.

And yet
 she thought of the small discrepancies she’d noticed yesterday and mentioned in her letter. What if Albatros, Gecko, Meerkat and Elyle where all involved in the murder? She tried to dismiss the unreasonable notion, but it stuck around in the back of her head as she walked away from that group.

Still, she wasn’t going to let herself get distracted by such paranoid notions. Somewhere out here was an actual killer, and they need to find that person.

At that moment Squawk spoke up. Vanna didn’t understand how the chicken managed to speak, but she suspected there was some kind of Spren involved. The particulars of how the chicken spoke didn’t really matter at that moment though. He apparently wasn’t all too happy about an accusation Nolan had made.

Vanna listened with interest to the discussion taking place. Suawk made a good point about how there seemed to be a connection between Nolan and Jai, and yet her argument about not wanting to make mistakes during D1 rang hollow, as she never spoke out against the lynch like she was doing now. Then there was the fact that she’d been one of several people to contact a large group of what she’d termed as ‘like-minded fowl’. Contacting such a large group felt odd, as there would be a large chance of the murderer being among them, but if she was the murderer then it made sense to try and win allies and be able to keep an eye on what a number of villagers are saying away from the main gathering.

But she wasn’t exactly wrong about the potential connection between Nolan and Jai either. Nolan said that they’d been pen pals, and that could be correct. Jai had sent a letter to Vanna last night as well, after all. However, if Jai had only started sending letters last night then Squawk was right to suspect foul play yesterday, as there already seemed to be a connection then. Nolan also seemed to be rather quick to trust Jai. Then again, that could also be a coincidence.

Vanna felt a head-ache coming up. So much suspicions, and they couldn’t all be correct, right? So how was she going to have to separate the coincidences from the clues?

Edited by Sunburst Toucan

41 minutes ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Kind of have to agree here.   Sometimes you've got to shoot a gun into a crowd to see who'll run.  You can't always just look at them closely to try and find out. :P  Actions speak louder than words, etc etc.

As far as Beagle goes...  seems a little fluffy.  Like they're posts aren't making me super suspicious of them, and their general activity seems villager, but just after skimming their posts they seem a little like a lot of words and not a lot of meaning.

That said, I don't think that Beagle is an Elim.  Not definitely, anyway.

And I don't have a lot else to say for now.  I'll be back on later after reviewing the past cycle or so, and hopefully I'll have put something together. :P 

Beagles are generally fluffy, so yeah. 

I don't think I've been as precise in this game, mainly because I've been spending a lot more time trying to get people active. 

As for Chameleon, I'm going to keep my vote on them for the moment, while I go back again and take another look. I don't really like the lynch candidates right now, so I'll take a look for myself and try again. 

Ok, as for the day one lynch, how was i supposed to know Dingo was villager? He was hardly contributing, i reasoned it made sense that elims might hide there. I also decided I thought Swan was a villager. So that's why I voted on dingo.

And as for "I hope everything goes well," thats me hoping I don't get stabbed by the elims night one, which has happened before, to my great annoyance. 

Edited by Oxblood Beagle

14 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

I'll start off the day's voting with Pearl Chameleon. I am suspicious of them due to how they reacted to several accusations during day one, especially one regarding how they were lurking and within a few minute- poof, vote count. And then the thing that really set my bells off was when they said that they were happy with the amount of discussion in day 1. That just feels... off to me, especially given that chameleon hardly contributed anything to the discussion. 

I’m not sure that’s a well based suspicion. I know that I, in the past, have made vote counts in an effort to get a basis for my own analysis, and it’s natural that when a player is under pressure to post something they’ll make a post that will enhance their own understanding of the game. Vote counts are a good way to show activity and consideration without necessitating a stand on a particular issue, which is something most villagers avoid on day one due to a general lack of information. 

10 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Were I asked to guess, I’d say it’s a village vigilante. 2 kills each turn on the side of the eliminators seems a bit unbalanced. That said, it’s entirely possible that the size of this game meant GMs wanted to thin the herd early.

2 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

I’m not sure that’s a well based suspicion. I know that I, in the past, have made vote counts in an effort to get a basis for my own analysis, and it’s natural that when a player is under pressure to post something they’ll make a post that will enhance their own understanding of the game. Vote counts are a good way to show activity and consideration without necessitating a stand on a particular issue, which is something most villagers avoid on day one due to a general lack of information. 

Were I asked to guess, I’d say it’s a village vigilante. 2 kills each turn on the side of the eliminators seems a bit unbalanced. That said, it’s entirely possible that the size of this game meant GMs wanted to thin the herd early.

the thing that threw me off was not a vote count, but how people were like "Where is chameleon" and suddenly a vote count! It felt like an "Oh shoot well I better do something". However, I am considering other candidates.

We won't really know whether the dustbringer is village or not until they die or if they kill an eliminator. 

Honestly, Onyx Flamingo feels very off to me. Their post responding to Dragonfly's message seems unnecessarily hostile, and it segues very quickly into an accusation of Beagle (Who, if I'm being honest, I don't entirely trust myself :P).

Flamingo also seems to be very sure that Dragonfly and Beagle are "buddies", and that feels too much like an elim accusation, one with very little proof.

I'll hold off on voting for now, since the day is still young. I want to see how this progresses.

As for the Dustbringer kill, I'd be much more comfortable if it was a Village kill role.. 2 kills by the elims every night is a scary prospect.

(I'm not really sure how to do this in RP... but I'm gonna try! Maybe I'll just put explanations in parenthesis)

Squawk found herself in the middle of the group after Nolan called her out... how did this happen? They were all so tall this was so intimidating but there was no slinking back to outside the circle of the group now. Someone has to speak their mind because if we don't cooperate whoever was doing this would get away with it again.

"Vanna you said that my

5 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

argument about not wanting to make mistakes during D1 rang hollow, as she never spoke out against the lynch like she was doing now.

and it is true. I did not speak out as vocally as I should have. I did mention to some villagers like Jai that I didn't understand why we even needed to Hang someone the day of the murder if we weren't sure who could have done it. I should have voiced my concerns out loud to the town and that was my fault, I was swayed by the arguments of some that even if Melon Dingo was innocent we could learn something from his death.... gosh saying it out loud really makes it apparent how stupid an idea it was!( I also realized it was basically hopeless to hope for no day one lynch once I found out only two people needed to vote in order for someone to get lynched...) We didn't learn anything and we lost a good man." 

Squawk switched legs as she continued "But at this point what is done is done, we as a town killed an innocent, but I believe there is a group among us of people among us that desire to kill us. If it truly is a group then they would like to draw suspicion to a member of our community, first they would try to get rid of those that don't have much interaction with the community or that are close to revealing some of there members. We have to assume they know who each other are and would have a deeper trust of each other than we can have of our fellow townsfolk at this time, and would actively dissuade people from voting on one of their members."

"Originally," Squawk turned her neck to Jai(Oxblood Dingo) and Nolan(Ivory Dragonfly), "I thought you two were the ones that most strongly fit this pattern seeing how you both voted for dingo in the end. But I believe that Jai has been having personal conversation with almost everyone in the village so maybe Nolan trusting him in his conversations is just that. I'm starting to think so. But at one point of the day yesterday the vote count was looking like Elyle(Coral Swan) was going to be the one to be hanged

Spoiler

Weasel (1)- Ostrich

Penguin (2)- Scorpion, Iguana

Mouse (1) Dingo

Dingo (3)- Falcon, Chameleon, Dragonfly

Elephant (1) Hyena

Axolotl (1)-Swan

Scorpion (2) Tuatara, Albatross

Crocodile (2)- Gorilla, Elephant

Swan (4)- Gecko, Meerkat, Axolotl, Zebra

Heron (1)- Beagle

Meerkat (1) Toucan

"And then both of you actively tried to swing the vote away from swan and succeeded in doing so by saying things like" Squawk rolls out a piece of paper with her beak "This"

Um, coral swan is by no means nonsensical. Alvron spent an entire game spouting bobbly-gook that ended up being game related. If you want distracting, try dealing with that.  -Beagle

So as things stand now, Swan is getting lynched. This is interesting. Let’s look at who’s voting on Swan.

Gecko: seems like a vote in retaliation to Swan’s vote on them, which was later retracted. Bad reason.

Meerkat: trying to generate discussion and provide an alternative candidate for the lynch. Guess that worked. Had mild elim suspicions on Swan. 

Axoltol: Had vague “suspicions” of Swan, and wanted a tied vote, though I would like to point out that if that’s really their motive than they should probably retract their vote on Swan to re-tie things. It’s not the worst reason for a lynch, but I would like more of an explanation if they’re keeping their vote on Swan.

Zebra: Just jumped into the game and joined the lynch based on a elim read on Swan and the potential for the lynch to provide info. 

So we have four players voting for different reasons on the same person. An active one at that too, though Swan can’t really complain about that given his strong stance against lynching inactives. 

With that said, do we want to lynch Swan? If so, we need to consolidate votes. The problem with the 3 votes on Dingo is that a Bondsmith or Willshaper could easily tie or swing the vote (not to mention that there may be multiple of each, with some being Elims). People with only 1 vote on them aren’t likely to be lynched, so unless we want a last-second bandwagon on one of them, those votes could help solidify the lynch on Swan. The alternative to Swan is Dingo, who I’d like to lynch. He’s made a lot of short posts that don’t contribute much, and I don’t like the fact that given multiple opportunities to explain himself, he has not done so. His vote on Mouse seems strange, and his proclivity for avoiding attention by not posting comes across as suspicious to me. Plus, I’d rather not kill an active member of the village over a semi active one who hasn’t helped much. Just my two cents, but as I said, if we want to swing this lynch we should do it now. -dragonfly

I'm still put off by mint herons lack of saying anything, but I think dingo is the better lynch, for the same reasons Dragonfly states. Plus, i think lynching minimal participants is a great idea, because that's one place elims like to hide, and it encourages more activity, because complete inactives are solved by pinch hitters. Unfortunately, that creates a tie, which I don't like, but hopefully we can convince more people to join in to make it so it can't be manipulated. -beagle

"Now granted Hindsight is 20/20 but I cant shake off the possibility that you guys did not want Elyle (@Coral Swan) to be hanged for possibly other reasons. That and Elyle has been far more quiet today than he was yesterday, I can't help but feel there may be a pattern here after all look at how the vote proceeded" Squawk pointed her beak at another piece of paper and then at the wall from yesterday.

Spoiler

Weasel (1)- Ostrich

Mouse (1) Dingo

Dingo (5)- Falcon, Chameleon, Dragonfly, Beagle, Crocodile.

Elephant (1) Hyena

Axolotl (1)-Swan

Crocodile (1)- Gorilla, Elephant

Heron (1)- Beagle

Meerkat (1) Toucan

Spoiler

Melon Dingo (6): Salmon Meerkat, Oxblood Beagle, Ivory Dragonfly, Pearl Chameleon, Emerald Falcon, Mauve Crocodile
Amethyst Scorpion (3): Cream Tuatara, Charcoal Hyena, Magenta Albatross
Chartreuse Penguin (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Saffron Iguana
Azure Mouse (1): Melon Dingo
Coral Swan (1): Quartz Zebra, Taupe Gecko
Indigo Weasel (1): Fuchsia Ostrich
Salmon Meerkat (1): Sunburst Toucan
Violet Axolotl (1): Coral Swan

2 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Honestly, Onyx Flamingo feels very off to me. Their post responding to Dragonfly's message seems unnecessarily hostile, and it segues very quickly into an accusation of Beagle (Who, if I'm being honest, I don't entirely trust myself :P).

Flamingo also seems to be very sure that Dragonfly and Beagle are "buddies", and that feels too much like an elim accusation, one with very little proof

"You are of course right Opal I don't have proof and I probably shouldn't make accusations as strongly as I did, but my feathers stand up when I think about it, I just have a feeling and I thought I would share some of the facts as I have noticed them"

"I have to believe the answers are somewhere in here And why did Elyle never switch his vote if it could have meant him saving his life.... There is a pattern here, somewhere, I can almost see it." Squawk voice fades as she continues to stare at the wall.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

17 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

(I'm not really sure how to do this in RP... but I'm gonna try! Maybe I'll just put explanations in parenthesis)

Squawk found herself in the middle of the group after Nolan called her out... how did this happen? They were all so tall this was so intimidating but there was no slinking back to outside the circle of the group now. Someone has to speak their mind because if we don't cooperate whoever was doing this would get away with it again.

"Vanna you said that my

and it is true. I did not speak out as vocally as I should have. I did mention to some villagers like Jai that I didn't understand why we even needed to Hang someone the day of the murder if we weren't sure who could have done it. I should have voiced my concerns out loud to the town and that was my fault, I was swayed by the arguments of some that even if Melon Dingo was innocent we could learn something from his death.... gosh saying it out loud really makes it apparent how stupid an idea it was!( I also realized it was basically hopeless to hope for no day one lynch once I found out only two people needed to vote in order for someone to get lynched...) We didn't learn anything and we lost a good man." 

Squawk switched legs as she continued "But at this point what is done is done, we as a town killed an innocent, but I believe there is a group among us of people among us that desire to kill us. If it truly is a group then they would like to draw suspicion to a member of our community, first they would try to get rid of those that don't have much interaction with the community or that are close to revealing some of there members. We have to assume they know who each other are and would have a deeper trust of each other than we can have of our fellow townsfolk at this time, and would actively dissuade people from voting on one of their members."

"Originally," Squawk turned her neck to Jai(Oxblood Dingo) and Nolan(Ivory Dragonfly), "I thought you two were the ones that most strongly fit this pattern seeing how you both voted for dingo in the end. But I believe that Jai has been having personal conversation with almost everyone in the village so maybe Nolan trusting him in his conversations is just that. I'm starting to think so. But at one point of the day yesterday the vote count was looking like Elyle(Coral Swan) was going to be the one to be hanged

Reveal hidden contents

Weasel (1)- Ostrich

Mouse (1) Dingo

Dingo (3)- Falcon, Chameleon, Dragonfly

Elephant (1) Hyena

Axolotl (1)-Swan

Crocodile (2)- Gorilla, Elephant

Heron (1)- Beagle

Meerkat (1) Toucan

"And then both of you actively tried to swing the vote away from swan and succeeded in doing so by saying things like" Squawk rolls out a piece of paper with her beak "This"

"Now granted Hindsight is 20/20 but I cant shake off the possibility that you guys did not want Elyle (@Coral Swan) to be hanged for possibly other reasons. That and Elyle has been far more quiet today than he was yesterday, I can't help but feel there may be a pattern here after all look at how the vote proceeded" Squawk pointed her beak at another piece of paper and then at the wall from yesterday.

Reveal hidden contents

Weasel (1)- Ostrich

Mouse (1) Dingo

Dingo (5)- Falcon, Chameleon, Dragonfly, Beagle, Crocodile.

Elephant (1) Hyena

Axolotl (1)-Swan

Crocodile (1)- Gorilla, Elephant

Heron (1)- Beagle

Meerkat (1) Toucan

Reveal hidden contents

Melon Dingo (6): Salmon Meerkat, Oxblood Beagle, Ivory Dragonfly, Pearl Chameleon, Emerald Falcon, Mauve Crocodile
Amethyst Scorpion (3): Cream Tuatara, Charcoal Hyena, Magenta Albatross
Chartreuse Penguin (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Saffron Iguana
Azure Mouse (1): Melon Dingo
Coral Swan (1): Quartz Zebra, Taupe Gecko
Indigo Weasel (1): Fuchsia Ostrich
Salmon Meerkat (1): Sunburst Toucan
Violet Axolotl (1): Coral Swan

"You are of course right Opal I don't have proof and I probably shouldn't make accusations as strongly as I did, but my feathers stand up when I think about it, I just have a feeling and I thought I would share some of the facts as I have noticed them"

"I have to believe the answers are somewhere in here And why did Elyle never switch his vote if it could have meant him saving his life.... There is a pattern here, somewhere, I can almost see it." Squawk voice fades as she continues to stare at the wall.

I thought I made my reasoning pretty clear, i thought it was more likely that Swan was village than Dingo. I mean, i might be wrong. I might be wrong about Chameleon as well. But for the moment, i need to go plum Rhino  . You answered my PM, but have not posted in thread. I do not want to lynch you, but could @Plum Rhinoceros please participate? again, this is merely merely a poke vote while I try to find an actual lynch candidate. 

Also, i want to address a common issue less actives have been expressing: names and number of people. A spread sheet is great, but not everyone has time to write in detail. So, i stress the idea of writing brief notes. It's ok to rely on more active villagers for deeper analysis. But your notes can provide new perspectives for us to better find eliminators, so we can be the first AG village to win, ever. 

I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of players in this game - sorry for not being active.

I'm hoping that in a cycle or two, we'll be down to a size that my brain can process better. I keep wanting to be active, but I have no idea where to start. It looks like Oxblood Beagle is putting themselves in kind of a leadership role for the village. But I got a PM from Oxblood asking me to be more active and contribute to the game, which seems like an awfully village thing to do.

The Flamingo and the Dragonfly are also going at each other's throats. Which is something to keep an eye on. Flamingo is starting to sound quite defensive, but that's not necessarily alignment indicative.

1 hour ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of players in this game - sorry for not being active.

So am I, I'm thinking I might use a random number generator and find a few people to follow closer, and then focus mainly on that, and their interactions rather than try to tackle everyone at once.

According to my statistics class, even if everyone did this, we would have a good spread of people to be following. I don't know if it would be better for me to post who I am following here, or just keep it secret. Any suggestions?

For anyone interested

Spoiler

Player List: -post count                               
1. Amethyst Scorpion - 7
2. Azure Mouse - 3
3. Amber Vulture - 5
4. Charcoal Hyena - 3 Villager
5. Chartreuse Penguin - 2
6. Coral Swan - 19
7. Cream Tuatara - 6
8. Emerald Falcon - 3
9. Fuschia Ostrich - 4
10. Indigo Weasel - 2
11. Ivory Dragonfly - 26
12. Magenta Albatross - 7
13. Mauve Crocodile - 6
14. Melon Dingo - 6 Edgedancer
15. Mint Heron - 2
16. Onyx Flamingo - 14 (15 with this post)
17. Opal Lion - 2
18. Oxblood Beagle - 41
19. Pearl Chameleon - 5
20. Plum Rhinoceros - 0   (... how?)
21. Quartz Zebra - 1
22. Saffron Iguana - 5 lightweaver
23. Sage Kangaroo - 5
24. Salmon Meerkat - 10
25. Sapphire Elephant - 6
26. Scarlet Octopus - 6
27. Sunburst Toucan - 8
28. Taupe Gecko - 13
29. Turquoise Gorilla - 2
30. Violet Axolotl - 9

Average Min Max Median Mode # of mode instances
7.633333333 0 41 5.5 2 5
Edited by Onyx Flamingo
added table

A notice was found pinned to the front of the Thoughtful Skyeel reading:

Some of you have expressed concerns about my silence and that of others on the matter of the murder. Well, yesterday most people had wrapped up their business for the week and had plenty of time to talk. But if we don't do the practical things necessary to keep this town running then it will fall apart regardless of whether we catch the murderers running around.

Of the people that voted on me, I am most suspicious of Taupe Gecko, and secondly of Violet Axolotl. Neither of them really gave any justification behind their vote or suggested how their vote might be helpful to the village. Salmon's vote and explanation felt weird, but I ultimately agree with their rationale for voting for me, and I honestly would have been fine dying last cycle as a result. Zebra's vote on me felt pretty natural and a legitimate attempt to try and solve the game.

I'm a little concerned that Jai and Nolan (Beagle and Dragonfly) tried to divert the lynch away from me. Jai did send me a PM, but the lynch was off of me by the time I got around to responding, and I've had no private communication with Nolan. I'm not entirely sure why they trusted me enough to save me.  Actually, Aldrick (@Emerald Falcon) looks like they were trying to defend me as well:

Could you be more specific about why you're suspicious of Coral Swan? 

I would echo the point to consider Dingo, and urge Dingo to be more active. I'm going to read over the analysis against swan, but at the moment it doesn't seem very strong, combine that with a general village read on Swan makes me skeptical. Furthermore, he's been really active so far. Having active players is better than non-active ones.

It's not anything that justifies a vote, because I was contributing a lot and still plan to, but I have my eye on these players.

Looking through last cycle, I'm concerned about @Cream Tuatara, @Fuchsia Ostrich, @Amethyst Scorpion, @Magenta Albatross, and @Turquoise Gorilla. Just briefly it seemed to me that all of them were lurking and none made any comments about the lynch between myself and Dingo, even to say that they didn't think their own vote was necessary. I'd like to hear some analysis of the lynch last cycle, what your thoughts are on the three players that defended me and the four that voted for me. Or something else if you think it is more important.

My vote is going on Taupe Gecko for now, because I'm not really sure my suspicion of them can be explained away. However, I'd also like to hear your opinion of the things I've mentioned in this post.

Sorry for my low activity but I caught cold right after start of game and felt(right now feeling better) not very good+amount of players and posts don't help to understand what is going on.

So... I still hadn't fully read previous cycle but from this cycle Flamingo's post attracted my attention.

18 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

First this is absolutely NAI and I don't understand how it's makes you more villager, I would even say that not commiting to the lynch and staying aside on first day it's even more elimy thing. Second, almost all day1 lynches dumb, there always need in starting point or we sit and wait till heavy boulder will crash our skulls or we doing something, even if it's absolutely dumb thing.

And Flamingo's accusations on Beagle for me looks like stretch, attempt to pull accusations from nowhere. All things which Flamingo quoted from Beagle's posts is absolutely NAI. I would say that it's pretty often for villagers to do things like that for certain reasons, but I always classified it as more likely elim behavior.

At this moment I don't have better guesses for elim so Onyx Flamingo. 

And as I stated before I still didn't read previous cycle so maybe I will come with other suspicions.

Also if I remember right Kangaroo's posts from previous cycle looked suspicious for me for some reason... not sure, probably better I will check before throwing accusations on him, or maybe I misremember, who knows *shrug*.

1 minute ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Second, almost all day1 lynches dumb, there always need in starting point or we sit and wait till heavy boulder will crash our skulls or we doing something, even if it's absolutely dumb thing.

You see this is the part I don't get... almost everyone says it will probably be a villager or thats its a dumb idea but we got to start somewhere... Why don't we wait until they kill people at night? I mean we have Charcoal Hyena and Saffron iguana's deaths to analyze too which seems like plenty of information for a first day. I mean granted we know that dingo isn't a elim now, but he is dead so I don't know how that helped us either.

5 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

All things which Flamingo quoted from Beagle's posts is absolutely NAI. I would say that it's pretty often for villagers to do things like that for certain reasons, but I always classified it as more likely elim behavior.

I don't know what NAI means, but I guess I was thinking the elims would want as many people dead each day as possible so why wouldn't they vote? Especially if apparently they are going to be accused for being an elim if they don't vote,

22 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

You see this is the part I don't get... almost everyone says it will probably be a villager or thats its a dumb idea but we got to start somewhere... Why don't we wait until they kill people at night?(1) I mean we have Charcoal Hyena and Saffron iguana's deaths to analyze too which seems like plenty of information for a first day. I mean granted we know that dingo isn't a elim now, but he is dead so I don't know how that helped us either.

I don't know what NAI means, but I guess I was thinking the elims would want as many people dead each day as possible so why wouldn't they vote? Especially if apparently they are going to be accused for being an elim if they don't vote,

NAI=Not alignment indicative. 

Lynches causing pressure on people and making it possible for us to see pattern of interactions between players, someone trying to save someone, indirectly or directly, probably I'm not best one to explain but as someone already said "shoot in crowd and see how people will behave". Night kills not giving us even the smallest chunk of  information that we can get from lynch from disscusion caused by lynch... and it pretty often that without lynch all disscussion stagnates, just answer me how we can get lead on elims from night kills, no chance for it.

Of course kill also giving us info but in early game this info can't lead us on elims. So main thought in all this rumbling that it would be easy for elims to stay low unnoticed without lynches and pressure and it would be much harder to find them.

Elims want as much players dead as possible but much more they want to stay hidden unsuspected. If elims abstaining from lynch(or lurking) it's harder to find them cause we don't see pattern, it's harder to see in motivations of player. 

Edited by Indigo Weasel

Alright, track practice got done early so I can share some thoughts now: 

1 hour ago, Coral Swan said:

A notice was found pinned to the front of the Thoughtful Skyeel reading:

Some of you have expressed concerns about my silence and that of others on the matter of the murder. Well, yesterday most people had wrapped up their business for the week and had plenty of time to talk. But if we don't do the practical things necessary to keep this town running then it will fall apart regardless of whether we catch the murderers running around.

Of the people that voted on me, I am most suspicious of Taupe Gecko, and secondly of Violet Axolotl. Neither of them really gave any justification behind their vote or suggested how their vote might be helpful to the village. Salmon's vote and explanation felt weird, but I ultimately agree with their rationale for voting for me, and I honestly would have been fine dying last cycle as a result. Zebra's vote on me felt pretty natural and a legitimate attempt to try and solve the game.

I'm a little concerned that Jai and Nolan (Beagle and Dragonfly) tried to divert the lynch away from me. Jai did send me a PM, but the lynch was off of me by the time I got around to responding, and I've had no private communication with Nolan. I'm not entirely sure why they trusted me enough to save me.  Actually, Aldrick (@Emerald Falcon) looks like they were trying to defend me as well:

It's not anything that justifies a vote, because I was contributing a lot and still plan to, but I have my eye on these players.

Looking through last cycle, I'm concerned about @Cream Tuatara, @Fuchsia Ostrich, @Amethyst Scorpion, @Magenta Albatross, and @Turquoise Gorilla. Just briefly it seemed to me that all of them were lurking and none made any comments about the lynch between myself and Dingo, even to say that they didn't think their own vote was necessary. I'd like to hear some analysis of the lynch last cycle, what your thoughts are on the three players that defended me and the four that voted for me. Or something else if you think it is more important.

My vote is going on Taupe Gecko for now, because I'm not really sure my suspicion of them can be explained away. However, I'd also like to hear your opinion of the things I've mentioned in this post.

I don’t trust you. (Sorry.) My reason for swinging the lynch away from you was that you had been posting your thoughts consistently, and Dingo was just as suspicious but was offering far less insight into the lynch than you were. Better to lynch him, a lurker, than you, since you’re active in chat and will actually respond to discussion about the lynch. Plus, reading over your posts again, your actions make a bit more sense, even if I don’t agree with some of them. 

Would you mind explaining your suspicions of Gecko? His D1 voting was odd, I’ll grant you, but now he’s stepped forward a bit and answered our accusations, so unless you have more specific evidence against him, I don’t see much of a case for lynching him now that he’s decided to be a contributing village member.

4 hours ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

The Flamingo and the Dragonfly are also going at each other's throats. Which is something to keep an eye on. Flamingo is starting to sound quite defensive, but that's not necessarily alignment indicative.

I would like to think that I’ve been expressing my opinions of Flamingo fairly civilly, but if there’s a post or section of a post of mine that could be perceived as aggressive or confrontational, please tell me and I will try to fix it. I haven’t been trying to “go at the throat” of Flamingo, merely express my suspicions.

As for Flamingo himself (herself?), I haven’t really seen anything from him that makes me less suspicious. Nor have I seen anything that makes me more suspicious. Personally, I’d like some commentary on the lynch from them.

5 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

I thought I made my reasoning pretty clear, i thought it was more likely that Swan was village than Dingo. I mean, i might be wrong. I might be wrong about Chameleon as well. But for the moment, i need to go plum Rhino  . You answered my PM, but have not posted in thread. I do not want to lynch you, but could @Plum Rhinoceros please participate? again, this is merely merely a poke vote while I try to find an actual lynch candidate. 

Also, i want to address a common issue less actives have been expressing: names and number of people. A spread sheet is great, but not everyone has time to write in detail. So, i stress the idea of writing brief notes. It's ok to rely on more active villagers for deeper analysis. But your notes can provide new perspectives for us to better find eliminators, so we can be the first AG village to win, ever. 

I personally think that the best way to identify people is by having everyone contribute more. If more people do RP, and discuss the lynch, it will be easier to differentiate between people. Although spreadsheets and notes might help, discussion is the key to a healthy village.