Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kais

RECon 2019 (aka WorldCon 2019)

80 posts in this topic

WELL. I have finally responded to their very detailed survey, only a week later than I was hoping to, because day job overtime, freelance deadlines, a migraine, a hot water tank that exploded at 5:30 this morning and started flooding our garage, and a plumbing company that didn't return my call until about 6 hours later.

I can has treats and alcohol now?

Edited by Silk

7 hours ago, Silk said:

I can has treats and alcohol now?

Yes, you definitely deserve treats and alcohol now! That was a LOOOONG survey!

38 minutes ago, kais said:

Yes, you definitely deserve treats and alcohol now! That was a LOOOONG survey!

It really was! I am provisionally impressed, assuming they use it to manage the mess that came out of this year's Worldcon programming.

I realize hotels don't open up for another month or so, but there are some really nice Air BnBs right now available in the neighborhood of the convention center. I just booked one for a super reasonable rate. Would be worth checking out in case the hotels go fast or end up being as expensive as the WorldCon staff is warning about.

WorldCon hotels are open as of today! I've got my room, but several of the nearer hotels are already filling up. Just a hint, you might be able to find better rates on hotels.com if you get some of their "secret prices." One of our choices was less expensive through WorldCon, but was filled up. The other was cheaper through hotels.com.