[OB] Kelsier the Fused

• Mestiv changed the title to [OB] Kelsier the Fused
40 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

infinite voidlight... maybe... but yeah seems like unless he didnt have a body it would be a step down

Isn't that his exact problem?

"What do you think, Saze?" Kelsier asked, staring out over the world.

"Is there a way for me to get out of this, and live again in the Physical Realm?"

Sazed hesitated. "No, I do not think so." He patted Kelsier on the shoulder, then vanished.

Huh, Kelsier thought. He holds the powers of creation in twain, a god among gods. And he's still a terrible liar.

Epilogue

[Kelsier is nudging Spook to investigate Hemalurgy]

"And you?" Spook asked. "What do you get from this?"

"Nothing big," Kelsier said. Just a little thing. Someone once explained my problem. My string has been cut, the thing holding me to the physical world." His smile broadened. "Well, we're just going to have to find me a new string."

Kelsier doesn't have a body. He needed Spook to help him out with Hemalurgy + some blending of the metallic arts to achieve immortality. This is why we see him as "the Sovereign" with a spiked eye, I suspect. This has to be the Scadrian equivalent to whatever the Fused are doing on Roshar.

Also, don't forget that - prior to his brief Ascension - Kel is referred to by Nazh as a shadow.

Edited by KidWayne
typo correction

4 minutes ago, KidWayne said:

Isn't that his exact problem?

I guess I figure at this point in the timeline since he helped with

Era 2 mistborn spoilers

Spoiler

the bands of mourning

that he must have a body now in this timeline. what kind? No idea.

Edited by MonsterMetroid
Spoiler

Kelsier is a CS not so much different from Fused, but assuming he could bond/possess a Singer this would not give him any kind of bridge to Odium's power.

The Fused or the Voidspren are the link between the Parsh and Odium...Kel into a parsh body, would be only...Kel into a Parsh body.

By the way, in the SA's time, Kel already gained a body and already gained his new nickname

11 minutes ago, Yata said:

Kelsier is a CS not so much different from Fused, but assuming he could bond/possess a Singer this would not give him any kind of bridge to Odium's power.

The Fused or the Voidspren are the link between the Parsh and Odium...Kel into a parsh body, would be only...Kel into a Parsh body.

By the way, in the SA's time, Kel already gained a body and already gained his new nickname

Right, I know that.  I'm saying, should Kel *try* to take over a Singer body, Odium could just stomp him into the Beyond instead.

Kelsier is a Preservation infused CS, since that's the Shard he held that gave him the Investiture required to remain.  The Fused are Odium Invested, and probably in a specific way allowing them to inhabit gemhearts.  Kelsier could probably figure it out, but why?  And I'm certain he has or is going to figure out how to do it on Scadrial, not Roshar.

Bands of Mourning Spoilers

Spoiler

The form Kelsier has in the memory from Hoid's coin, the form he apparently wore while being the Sovereign to the Southern Scadrians, seems to be basically a Fused already, albeit one created by Hemalurgically Spiking Kelsier's soul into a human body. I wonder who Kelsier's wearing, and why Lestibournes though it was okay to do that to him.

4 minutes ago, digitalbusker said:

Bands of Mourning Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

The form Kelsier has in the memory from Hoid's coin, the form he apparently wore while being the Sovereign to the Southern Scadrians, seems to be basically a Fused already, albeit one created by Hemalurgically Spiking Kelsier's soul into a human body. I wonder who Kelsier's wearing, and why Lestibournes though it was okay to do that to him.

Bands of Mourning and Secret History Spoilers:

Spoiler

Who Kelsier is wearing? I'm guessing a Survivorist extremist who sacrificed himself in order to return the Survivor to humanity.

Warbreaker spoilers

Spoiler

The Fused, the Returned, and probably whatever Kelsier's doing are all methods of stapling a CS into a body with Investiture.  I think Odium's Investiture would seriously clash with Kelsier's remaining Investiture, since he's a Sliver of Preservation now.
And Odium would have no motivation to help Kelsier become a Fused in the first place.  Kelsier can't just decide to become a Fused.  He'd need a chunk of Investiture to staple him to the body.

4 hours ago, RShara said:

Right, I know that.  I'm saying, should Kel *try* to take over a Singer body, Odium could just stomp him into the Beyond instead.

My reply wasn't to you, but to the OP....Sorry, probably I had to cite/mention the right Sharder

• Chaos locked this topic