[OB] Aimians are of Cultivation

30 minutes ago, Rainier said:

The real crux of this WoB, and the distinction to make, is that even though Aimians and such were created by Adonalsium, after the splintering they would have been affected by the shards just as other life forms have been

Actually, I was just joshing with all y'all. I can set my verbosity filter to low, i just have to use more metaphors.

What that paraphrased WoB is saying is that there is something that is similar to how all of those species of life were set up, it's a baked in characteristic that they can interbreed, but it doesn't say that the forms of life mentioned were created by adonalsium, it is merely saying that there is an underlying intent that is common to all of the listed species.

This is like saying that adonalsium created a rule that only species with no hair behind their knees could interbreed. Sorry capuchin monkeys, you are quite charming but you'll have to find a hairier date to take to the Sadie Hopkins dance.

The most important part of that WoB is that the listed species (humans, parshendi and aimians) were made "purposefully". This doesn't mean that they were necessarily made by Adonalsium. This is one of those treadmill WoB's where you realize that what you thought was forward motion was really just walking in place. This, I think, is an information poor WoB. This is, as I like to classify these things, is what could be termed a WoBfuscation, a deliberate attempt to provide information that neither clarifies or disambiguates. It's end neutral.

As you can see by the above, I was totally lying about being able to adjust my verbosity filter, but I hope the above was edifying and/or diverting.

• Chaos locked this topic