G'day

Song

Hello!

I have been writing on the OB wall for a few weeks so I thought it was time to say hi here too.

I am pretty new to the Cosmere but the S.A. books are some of my favourites of all time and I was so excited for Oathbringer. I enjoyed reading comments as the preview chapters came out on the TOR website so after finishing OB I went searching for discussion on it and found this. It has been great to hear so many interesting theories and it has encouraged me to take the plunge into the wider cosmere.

I adore Renarin particularly. Partly because he is a terrific character but also because I have an awesome son who is on the autism spectrum. Brandon has done such a beautiful job with Renarin and I can't wait for my boy to read these books when he is older.

I live in Australia, and am in the process of writing a fantasy novel. I have been learning heaps from both reading Brandon's work and from his lectures and podcasts.

Thanks for providing this space fellow forumers, it has brought an added richness to an already terrific series.

Funny, I came to the 17th shard from the Tor.com forums too! The forums here are way better, you don't have to type comments into a text file and cross your fingers if it's going to post or not.

The shard is pretty freaking amazing, I don't really feel like I've been here long enough to extend you official greetings, but I can say it's fun to see a fellow Tor-er here.

25 minutes ago, Song said:

Thanks @FeatherWriter.  He is the best. That scene with him and Dalinar and the bottle! I cry just thinking about it. So exciting getting his POV finally, though Brandon still managed to keep lots if mystery in his arc.

Can't wait for his book :)

I am not quite the Renarin fan some are but that scene was one of the most beautiful, haunting scenes in all of Brandon's writing. Welcome, officially :) I'm glad that as a character he rings true

I'm Aussie too btw, from Perth but live in Canberra. You'll find a lot of us here!

Edited by Extesian