Szeth's Unique Aquisition (SPOILERS!!!!!!)

Swimmingly

There will be casualties .. huge casualties. Vasher was nearly not able to control the sword and he KNEW that it was twisted and wasn't able to differ between good and evil. This sword is only able to see black and white and i'm not even sure if it's able to see white, because in Warbreaker it just couldn't understand why people ran from it. Szeth is pretty spineless and I don't think he will be able to stop himself or the sword if he draws it.
I guess he will murder even more people that he had before. Poor guy, amazing sword.

Edit: When Vasher unsheated Nightblood he was barely able to contain himself .. could this be similar to the Thrill ?

Edited by HydrogenAlpha

So, Szeth hasn't drawn the sword yet, but I believe "good" people feel sick when they draw it. Also, if I recall correctly, Nightblood used a LOT of breaths when drawn - I dunno how that's going to work on Roshar without the same magic system.

I think Kaladin calling Szeth a coward will prove to be influential in the future.

Well, at least we'll likely see what a Shardblade hitting Nightblood will do in book 3, huh? A secondary thing would be to see how good Szeth is without Windrunning. Certainly most of his victories so far depended on the fact that no one understood or prepared for people doing the things he did.

Well, at least we'll likely see what a Shardblade hitting Nightblood will do in book 3, huh? A secondary thing would be to see how good Szeth is without Windrunning. Certainly most of his victories so far depended on the fact that no one understood or prepared for people doing the things he did.

I'm not sure how anybody, radiant or no, is going to be prepared for a Shin madman wielding a blade Invested with alien magic orders of magnitude more powerful than any Shardblade.

I'm not sure how anybody, radiant or no, is going to be prepared for a Shin madman wielding a blade Invested with alien magic orders of magnitude more powerful than any Shardblade.

Shoot him with an arrow? Lash him to a wall? I'm also not sure I agree with the orders of magnitude stronger than a Shardblade, as Kaladin's fight with Szeth, particularly the changing shape of the Shardblade, seems like it could be pretty devastating... big spinning discus through a troop formation that you resummon, for example?

I wonder if Zahel will play a bigger role moving forward. I believe Zahel is Vasher, there are a lot of references to it. In his interlude, he talks about color, he makes metaphors no one understands, and it mentions how he doesn't hear voices anymore.

What brings him to Roshar, why doesn't he have nightblood anymore, and what is his plan? He was definitely willing to mess around with his own planet/land. Why Roshar?

Shoot him with an arrow? Lash him to a wall? I'm also not sure I agree with the orders of magnitude stronger than a Shardblade, as Kaladin's fight with Szeth, particularly the changing shape of the Shardblade, seems like it could be pretty devastating... big spinning discus through a troop formation that you resummon, for example?

Also, Brandon himself has said NB is orders of magnitude greater:

http://www.theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kw=nightblood%2C+shardblade%2C+rafo

No, I meant that Nightblood is literally orders of magnitude more powerful than Syl or any other Shardblade. And if Nightblood can be powered with Stormlight, than I'm pretty sure he'll dispel Lashings and make arrows dissolve in midair.

No, I meant that Nightblood is literally orders of magnitude more powerful than Syl or any other Shardblade. And if Nightblood can be powered with Stormlight, than I'm pretty sure he'll dispel Lashings and make arrows dissolve in midair.

Alright, so wrong on the orders of magnitude, but dispel Lashings? Don't see that happening, unless you're assuming that Nightblood can just feed on any Investiture. Which... if he could, couldn't he feed on the Breath of anyone he killed, instead of sucking it from Vasher?

Alright, so wrong on the orders of magnitude, but dispel Lashings? Don't see that happening, unless you're assuming that Nightblood can just feed on any Investiture. Which... if he could, couldn't he feed on the Breath of anyone he killed, instead of sucking it from Vasher?

I meant that in a "interferes with others Investiture through sheer strength" way.

A part of me wonders if it is actually Nightblood, and not a very related cousin. After all, one could presumably create something nearly identical to Nightblood with the command, "Destroy evil."

I am definitely going to ask if Zahel is Vasher at the San Francisco signing. This is soooo exciting.

He is indeed Vasher. You should still ask him; Brandon has a good explanation for why... well, why Nightblood would make sense on Roshar that he should tell.

Is the reason that there is so much Investiture on Roshar that using it sustains people who needs breaths to survive without stealing Breath?  Because that's the idea I got.  And is this 100% confirmed by Brandon.  I'm sure, but I'm curious on confirmation.

I suspected as much but Brandon has not told me. The story I'm thinking of is something else, which I want to share but I'm not sure if I can.

I think it's obvious that Vasher and Nightblood can be fueled from Stormlight, or else Vasher wouldn't have been able to survive so long. I thought that Vasher may have initially come to Roshar as then he doesn't have to live off Breath, and instead Stormlight, an easier source.

Either way, Vasher was easily the best thing about Warbreaker until I realized that Let it Go and half the story of Frozen parallels the story of the Royal Sisters.  Vasher is now one of my favorite characters, just for having popped up on Roshar.

I will call it now. The Honorblade vs Nightblood battle is how the world will end.

Kaladin: Oh no! Syl broke again!
*Takes Honorblade*
Kaladin: Imma lash you to the moon! Now go to Dam... Wait, does it look like the moon is getting bigger? Why is it falling d...
Boooooooom.

Anyways, have anyone ever thought to use Surgebinding in more violent ways? Lash different parts of a person's body to a different direction and... KALADIN WINS! FATALITY!

Edited by Colby Jack

I will call it now. The Honorblade vs Nightblood battle is how the world will end.

*Takes Honorblade*

Kaladin: Imma lash you to the moon! Now go to Dam... Wait, does it look like the moon is getting bigger? Why is it falling d...

Boooooooom.

Anyways, have anyone ever thought to use Surgebinding in more violent ways? Lash different parts of a person's body to a different direction and... KALADIN WINS! FATALITY!

Thought the same thing. Windrunners have the gravity surge, right ? Why not just squish enemies to delicious jam ?

Thought the same thing. Windrunners have the gravity surge, right ? Why not just squish enemies to delicious jam ?

Because that would take a whole lot of lashings...  A Rosharan lashing is .7 G's.  It would take 8 or so simultaneous lashings to hit 5 Gs, which is fully survivable for a human being.

*Takes Honorblade*

Boooooooom.

I'll bet you can't actually Lash different parts of the body in different direction because they associate themselves Cognitively as part of one body. I can't see Szeth not using that at some point, and he didn't. I also think a single Lashing upward works better nine times out of ten. Less Stormlight, just as deadly.

I only realised vasher was in WOR ,when Nightblood spoke.

Now that would have a terific glimpse of radiance

Also I don't think Nightblood will be able to break Shardblades

Nightblood may be more powerfull than a shardblade , but Szeth isn't going to fight only normal Shardbearers. Nightblood was created with  thousand Breaths ,but probably has less investure than a honourblade. The windrunner honour blade didn't pierce through

any other shardblades.