• Wyndle
    • Timbre
    • Rua
    • Glys
    • Ivory
    • Spark
    • Maya
    • Tefts spren

Syl and Pattern are the obvious choices since we've seen them the most (and both have their moments of being awesome), but my gut tells me to pick someone else. I'm going to go with Glys, in the hopes that even though he's been "corrupted", he's still fighting the good fight.

Edited by Govir

I chose Pattern because omg his humor is fabulous, but Wyndle has grown on me more and more. His reluctant bond with Lift, a girl he barely understands but obviously cares for also makes me smile. Syl is great, of course, but I also can’t wait to learn more about the Ink and Ashspren, personally. 

1 hour ago, digitalbusker said:

Look, folks, I'm not trying to tell you your business, but one of these options is a spren who grew extra arms so he could flip people off more efficiently.

Bruh, Rua made my LIFE for this! The biggest laugh in OB is because Rua is such a riot. Can't wait to see more of him!

In the end, Rua was close but I had to pick Wyndle - such a sensible, nice looking fork. Guy just wants to make some shoes, or chairs!

Pattern is awesome, in my opinion. He is hilarious, but also a very nice person, in comparision to Syl, who can be a bit of a douche at times. I also love that Pattern seems to be generally happy with life.

Second after Pattern is Timbre. I love her too. Third is probably Wyndle, or maybe Stormfather.

And am I the only one who found Rua a bit too much?

Pattern for the win!

He has fun moments like the no-mating scene. But also dark ones like the ending if WoR.

Syl is ok i guess. Without the contrast she provides kaladins chapters would be much less interesting

I liked the Stormfahter a lot in the first two books where therenwas a lotof mystery and power to him.

I hate that hes basically Dalinars Wikipedia now...

Wow this is a hard one! They are all pretty good from what we have seen. The scene with Rua flipping the bird was hilarious. Pattern was really good in OB. I like Syl but that seems too obvious. I think I'd like Ivory too if I got to know him better. If I have to pick a favorite I am going with Wyndle. He has to put up with Lift and that tips the scale. 

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] The Best Spren!

Totally the stormfather. I mean, he's a grumpy old man AND a big chunk of God, how awesome's that?

I WILL NOT COME WHEN YOU CALL ME, MY LUMBAGO IS ACTING UP. YOU TRY CHUCKING BOULDERS AROUND ALL DAY.

And how many times have we gotten to read this little gem too:

"The stormfather grumbled distantly."

I mean come on, show the grumpy old man some love!

Also, just to be devil's advocate, @Toaster Retribution you might want to add Ulim to the list, that voidspren has some good one liners and it's sometimes fun to root for the villains.

"Well, let's get that Plate off, kids," Ulim said.

20 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

And am I the only one who found Rua a bit too much?

No, I did as well.  But then again I also find Lopen sometimes too much. I still like him, but at times . . . 

Anyway, as far as the best spren I voted for Pattern, because on his own he is just so awesome.  Even without Shallan, Pattern would be great. I love Syl as well, but she and Kaladin work really well together.  On their own they wouldn’t be as awesome, Syl included, so Pattern wins best spren.  

I also almost voted for Maya, but I don’t know her as much as I assume we are going to in the end.  I love how she saved Adolin a few times even though she is “dead.”

• Chaos locked this topic