Sypher

I know it's been a while since any updates on the matter, but I was really hyped for a film adaptation of Steelheart, and am slightly disheartened to not have seen any update on the status of the project in its entirety. Does anyone know if it's still in production, or if they abandoned the idea completely? It would definitely help to put my mind at ease.

Here's what we know:

The movie has been announced! So unlike most of Brandon's books, which quickly get the film rights bought then are never made, this one will actually become a real movie.

20th Century Fox has the rights to the film (I think when the takeover is approved Disney will acquire the rights, but that's just speculation).

Carter Blanchard is doing the screenwriting. 

It's being produced by Shawn Levy, Navid McIlhargey, Donald Mustard and Anthony Rhulen.

NEW INFORMATION: In 2016 the script went to Fox. The producer said at the time that the movie is “very much alive” and the studio is “bullish” on it. (http://collider.com/sesame-street-movie-update-21-laps/)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...