Cosmere Codenames

Herowannabe

On 1/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, Herowannabe said:

Second, for anyone who stumbles across this thread, you’re free to join in at any time. Just post your desire to join and then we’ll assign you to a team ;)

I want to join in. I played Codenames a few times over the holidays, and it was fun, so I'd like to try out a Cosmere version.

6 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

@Darkness_ I'm thinking Gallant and Sandlings. What do you think?

Sounds good to me. I also noticed Worldhoppers: Khriss, The Ones Above, and the Seventeenth Shard. 

Also: Women: Khriss, Queen Aesudan Kholin, and Lopen's Mother. Also possible in this category: Shaor.

Another possibility: Nobles: Baron Edan, Count Ahan, and Relis Ruthar. I'm pretty sure Ruthar counts as a noble, since he is Highprince Ruthar's son.

EDIT: These are not my guesses, just wanted to emphasize my categorization.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot

18 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Sounds good to me. I also noticed Worldhoppers: Khriss, The Ones Above, and the Seventeenth Shard. 

Also: Women: Khriss, Queen Aesudan Kholin, and Lopen's Mother. Also possible in this category: Shaor.

Another possibility: Nobles: Baron Edan, Count Ahan, and Relis Ruthar. I'm pretty sure Ruthar counts as a noble, since he is Highprince Ruthar's son.

EDIT: These are not my guesses, just wanted to emphasize my categorization.

Imo, most of those fall under "characters " 

21 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

When does turn end?

Sometime after your team actually makes some guesses. So far you’ve talked about the grid but haven’t actually made any guesses. 

Remember to make guesses you simply need to post your guesses in bold

Edit:

@Darkness_ @Silverblade5 @Hemalurgic Headshot

Edited by Herowannabe

10 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

Ah ok @HerowannabeGallant, Sandlings and The Synod.

Gallant and Sandlings were both blue agents, but the Synod was the Assassin in White! Game over! The red team wins!

(and that is why it’s generally not a good idea to take wild shots in the dark. ;) )

here’s the key card for the round. I’ll get it posted in the spreadsheet, too, for easier reference. 

900A8C36-DD6E-4206-AC8B-B91A518FAFE2.thumb.jpeg.dc5da78ec0db23b8fc82d130b0f7170b.jpeg

So that means we can start getting ready for round 2. I figure we’ll start sign-ups over each round, and not try to keep the same teams (unless everyone really wants to). So again, we’ll alternate assigning players to teams based on the order they sign up, and we’ll be looking for volunteers to be one of the Spymasters. Once we have a Spymaster and 2+ players per team we’ll start round 2. Since round 1 ended so quickly, @xinoehp512 if you want another shot at Spymaster that’s fine, and I’m happy to be a Spymaster again if needs be. 

Also, this time around I’d like to try implementing a time limit on turns so that they don’t drag on too long. I think 48 hours is enough, starting from the moment the Spymaster posts their clue- does that sound good?

And along with that, when Spymasters post their clue they should please @ mention the members of their team, so that they know it’s time to start guessing. 

Speaking of which, I’ll go ahead and mention everyone who signed up for Round 1 in case they want to sign up for round 2. :)

@xinoehp512 @Darkness_ @Silverblade5 @Hemalurgic Headshot @Steeldancer @Kered @Jondesu @luckat

Edited by Herowannabe

Okay, so far we have:

Blue Spymaster: @xinoehp512

Red Spymaster: @Scion of the Mists

Players:

@Kered

@Steeldancer

@Hemalurgic Headshot

@Rebecca

@luckat

@Darkness_

I’ll play, too, unless it looks like we’ll need an impartial moderator. ;)

Edited by Herowannabe
updated player list

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

I’ll play again. That was a bit quick.

26 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I watched the last round, and I think I understand how to play now. I’d like to play this round.

Added you both to the list!

And with that we're already at our minimum number of players. I guess I better start getting the grid generated. ;)

27 minutes ago, luckat said:

I’m in for round 2. Didn’t even really get to play round 1 :P

Added you. 

Also, I have now created the grid for round 2. We'll give it a day or so for players to finish signing up, and to give everyone (and especially @xinoehp512 and @Scion of the Mists as spymasters) the chance to veto any codenames they feel might be too obscure or difficult. Fair warning for spoilers:The grid this time around contains references to people/events/etc from Stormlight Archive (including Oathbringer) Mistborn (up through Shadows of Self), Warbreaker, Elantris, and the Emperor's Soul. The codenames themselves don't contain any spoilers, but the articles that they are linked to can contain spoilers, so if you're worried about spoiling anything then don't click on the respective links. ;)

EDIT: forgot the link to the grid, though it's the same one that we used for round 1

Edited by Herowannabe

Okay, here are our teams for round 2 (so far):

Blue Team:

SM: Xinoehp512

Kered

Hemalurgic Headshot

Luckat

Herowannabe

Red Team:

SM: Scion of the Mists

Steeldancer

Rebecca

Darkness_

Jondesu

The Spymasters (@xinoehp512 @Scion of the Mists) have their instructions, and are free to begin whenever they are ready. :)

Edited by Herowannabe
Updated player list