Cosmere Codenames

Herowannabe

16 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Hey everyone!  

I set up a new page on the Google Sheet for Game 8 and began to fill it out.  How about everyone who's interested in playing this round add two images to the board.  You can find tons of awesome Cosmere images in the Gallery section of the Shard (there's some awesome art in there).  You embed them by using the formula: =image("url"); you can get the URL by right clicking on the image and selecting Copy Image Address.  If everyone helps out, we can get this round up and running in no time.  

@Herowannabe @Ashspren @I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Kidpen @Rhapsody @Kal-Eldin @Cadmium Compounder @Rebecca @Snipexe @Inklingspren

Thanks for getting everyone started on this @Scion of the Mists! :)

I've started fiddling with the grid and immediately ran into problems getting the images to embed properly, and it appears I'm not the only one because many of the pictures are just floating on top of the grid instead of embedded inside. After some fiddling I figured out that if the image you are linking to is too big then it won't show up. So when browsing through the galleries make sure you click on the "other sizes" button and select one of the smaller sizes. Around 250x250 pixels, give or take some, seems to be working well for me. 

I'll try to populate a few more of the cells with images but It's late so I have to go to bed soon so I'm sure I won't finish all of them tonight. 

I noticed in the browser Safari certain images don't appear at all zoom ranges, but it appears to work in chrome. For future reference, each square is roughly 220x220.

Edit: @Herowannabe @Ashspren @I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Kidpen @Rhapsody @Kal-Eldin @Cadmium Compounder @Rebecca @Snipexe @Inklingspren The master page is filled out now!

Edited by Kal-Eldin

Hey everyone! I randomly assigned everyone to teams, so let's get this thing underway.  

Blue Team:

Snipexe (Spymaster)

Rhapsody

Kidpen

Rebecca

Jondesu

Red Team:

I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Spymaster)

Cadmium Compounder

Inklingspren

Herowannabe

Kal-Eldin

Scion of the Mists

Rules:

If you're unsure how to play, check out @Herowannabe's initial post in the topic or the offical rulebook.  Codenames Pictures isn't very different from the original Codenames; I think the only picture-specific rule is that you can't use an image's color/shade as a clue.  

Locking in guesses: Bold your guesses to lock them in.  The spymasters will consider the guesses in the order that they are listed.  

Passing turn: Your team's turn is over when one of four things happens: you've used all your guesses (number in clue + 1), you guess incorrectly (opposing agent or Innocent Bystander), the 48 hour timer runs out, or at least half of your team states pass turn in bold.  

Eightball Variant: We've been playing the past few rounds with the eightball variant and it's been working pretty well, so let's keep using it.  It's actually in the rulebook (called the Assassin Ending) as a recommended variant for experienced players.  Basically, after you identify all of your team's clues, you also have to find the Assassin in White.  Additionally, if your team guesses the Assassin in White prior to finding all your clues, the game goes into sudden death mode.  Your team has unlimited guesses (but no additional clues from your Spymaster) to find the remaining clues.  

Spymasters Info (@Snipexe @I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):

Using the information in the "What if I want to take a turn being a Spymaster?" section of Herowannabe's introduction post, please pick a key card and share it via PM.  Then feel free to start the game whenever (who goes first is determined by the key card).  When posting your clue, remember to tag your teammates, create a 48 hour timer, and link to the game board.  

Other Players:

Anyone else feel free to join the game at any time - post and we'll add you to a team.  Former players are tagged below

@Kered @Steeldancer @luckat @xinoehp512 @Hemalurgic Headshot @Domi in the Dark @Silverblade5 @Ladrian @Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper @recneps @Julio @Ashspren

@Snipexe @Rhapsody @Kidpen @Ashspren @Rebecca @Jondesu @I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Cadmium Compounder @Inklingspren @Herowannabe @Kal-Eldin @Scion of the Mists

Edited by Scion of the Mists

44 minutes ago, Kal-Eldin said:

But how do those tie into ravine

Spheres are found in the chasms, and syl helped kal in the chasms...

Edit: realized it was ravine not chasm.

Edited by Inklingspren