Anujun

Hi, I'm new!

9 posts in this topic

I've been a fan of Sanderson since he finished The Wheel of Time series :) I was a member of the Tar Valon forums for a long time, and was feeling nostalgic since I just finished reading Oathbringer, so I found this place!

A bit about me: I'm from British Columbia, I'm a web developer by day, and an indie game developer by night, and I like camping, road trips, and playing guitar.

It's a pleasure to be here, and I look forward to getting to know you, and nerding out over Cosmere books! :D

- Anujun

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums! Have a cookie (found in the dark alley of the guilds section). Have you published any games? I’ve publised two on the google play store, so it’s always nice to hear from a fellow developer!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

Welcome to the forums! Have a cookie (found in the dark alley of the guilds section). Have you published any games? I’ve publised two on the google play store, so it’s always nice to hear from a fellow developer!

Thanks, I'll check out the guilds section for... a cookie? Perhaps I'll know it when I see it? :P

I have one game published on the iOS app store, but it's not available right now because I couldn't afford to renew my Apple Developer account (I am lucky enough to not have to work while I develop my current game, but it means I'm broke as hell). I've made a couple of browser games as well, and I used to be a big contributer to the ZZT game community back in the day (if you played The Three Amigos or Star Trek Shuttle Craft, those were my popular titles for ZZT). What I'm working on now, though, is a much bigger project than than anything I've made before. It's a sidescroller RPG (think Metroid meets Undertale). I'm so excited about it :D

You've made games for Android, eh? Do you code in Java, or do you use a third party compiler like Xamarin?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mostly Java with Android Studio, although I’m slowly starting to learn Unity 3D. 

Yes, you will know the cookie when you see it :ph34r:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lantern2814 said:

Welcome to the forums! You won't find a nicer place in the Cosmere. :lol:

Thanks! :wub:

4 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

Mostly Java with Android Studio, although I’m slowly starting to learn Unity 3D. 

Yes, you will know the cookie when you see it :ph34r:

Nice, Unity is great! I'm using Godot. Godot 3.0 will be released in the next couple of months, which I'm very excited about!

Also, I found the dark alley. It is dark and scary, and this is probably a trap :lol:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Welcome to the 17th shard!

Which Sanderson books have you read?

I've read pretty much all of them, plus a few short stories.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Hi!

Welcome to the 17th shard!

Which Sanderson books have you read?

I've read pretty much all of them, plus a few short stories.

 

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've read Elantris, Emperor's Soul, Edgedancer, all the Mistborn books, and all the Stormlight books so far. I have Cosmere Unbounded on the way, and I just started Warbreaker :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Anujun said:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've read Elantris, Emperor's Soul, Edgedancer, all the Mistborn books, and all the Stormlight books so far. I have Cosmere Unbounded on the way, and I just started Warbreaker :)

Cool!

His non-Cosmere works are cool, too.

White Sand is kinda weird, but I think it's cool.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.