I want to draw your OCs

The Honor Spren

I did one of these a while back, but it died. And because I want to get better used to drawing digitally and am feeling rather uninspired at the moment, here we are.
You can submit your OCs below and I will try to get to all of them, however I might not have time to draw all of them, depending how many people submit. This is on a first come, first serve basis. If you did submit your OC last time I did this, you can submit the same one again. I've gotten a lot better in the past year.

In your description, please include the following:

• Hair color, length, and style
  • Eye color and shape
  • Skin color (this includes any moles, freckles, or birthmarks they may have)
  • Body type 
  • Outfit (if you have reference photos, that's even better :ph34r:)
  • Other assorted oddities (horns, wings, robotic arms, extra eyes, etc.)
  • Personality
  • Interests
  • Short rundown of their backstory

If there's any other important information about the character, include that too. Reference photos of any kind are encouraged.

I can draw the character in three ways: as a bust with multiple expressions, as a full body with a dynamic pose, or as a close up + a full body sketch. You can specify which of these you would prefer, however, it really depends if I'm more excited about their design or their personality. I'd also prefer you don't request any specific poses. I'd like to choose my own based on their personality/backstory.

I look forward to drawing your characters!

Edited by The Honor Spren
Woah there’s a new way I’m drawing characters now.

Sounds interesting.  I admit that I wouldn't mind a sketch of some of my Sanderson Elimination characters.  Let's start with an early version of Ratel and see how it goes. 

Hair color, length, and style
Black starting to go grey.  Just past shoulder length.  Wild and unkempt.

Eye color and shape
Left eye is milky white (He's blind in that eye)  Other is grey.

Skin color (this includes any moles, freckles, or birthmarks they may have)
Light tan.  Slightly leathery due to spending a great deal out in the sun otherwise nothing remarkable.

Body type 
Human. :P  Approx 6 feet tall and 48 years old.  Fit and muscled due to years of physical labor.  Not much meat on his bones due to lack of ample food.  He lives mostly off what he catches in the wild.

Outfit (if you have reference photos, that's even better)
Trapper/Old style Gold miner/Prospector 1850 style

Other assorted oddities (horns, wings, robotic arms, extra eyes, etc.)
N/A

Personality
Loner and happy not to talk to others.

Interests
None really.  Spend most of his time either trapping or mining.

Short rundown of their backstory
A member of the Jeskeri Mysteries since he was a child.  He left the order for a while when gold was discovered in the hills near Duladel.

Hi there! I'm a newcomer, so I hope it's okay if I take advantage of your generous offer? If anything I've listed here is unreasonable, please forgive me and disregard :)

My character: Anujun

• Hair color, length, and style:
    • Brown, chin-length (like my avatar)
  • Eye color and shape:
    • Bright Orange
  • Skin:
    • Light Tan (like my avatar)
  • Body type:
    • Slim, male but feminine build and face, no facial hair
  • Outfit:
    • Kholinar officer's uniform, kind of like Kaladin's: kaladin_stormblessed_by_sarctic-d7oghse.
  • Other assorted oddities:
    • A cultivationspren in the form of a vine with a human-like face somewhere in the image
  • Personality:
    • Articulate and elegent, with a suble and cutting sense of humour. He looks at you with a curled lip, like he knows something you don't.
  • Interests:
    • Finding rare spren, being graceful, helping people.
  • Short rundown of their backstory:
    • Formerly an ardent studying rare spren, joined Dalinar's guards when the warcamps were moved to Urithiru, having bound his cultivationspren shortly beforehand. Is excited to be put to practical use helping people.

Thank you!!! :D

Thanks for opening this thread! Hope you don't mind me submitting a character here. You drew Lightwards for me last time, and that pic turned out spectacularly. I still show it to people when telling them about him.

I'll submit for your review a newer OC of mine, a superhero named Serenity.

Hair color, length, and style: Pixie blonde hair, cut short. Almost but not quite a buzz cut.

Eye color and shape: Cerulean blue eyes with visible stress wrinkles around them. (Her appearance is otherwise that of a young woman with sharp features.)

Skin color: Light tan skin. Not pale, but not particularly tan either.

Body type: Tall and lithe frame with lots of lean muscle.

Outfit: Something like Superman's costume, but all white. No logo and definitely no underwear on the outside. She has a long flowing cape, but it's detachable. The body of the costume is all one piece except for the gloves and boots.

Oddities: A gauged scar in her left cheek that sweeps across the face and almost to her lips. (She has other miscellaneous battle scars across her body, but her costume conceals those.)

Personality: Severe and not particularly welcoming, though capable of being softer when required.

Interests: Saving the world. Being on the lookout for the next foe to save the world from. This is an old warrior with a body that doesn't age, stressed from decades worth of constant epic battles against supervillains and alien invaders. She's very seldom relaxed.

Backstory: Perhaps it was a stroke of good luck for humanity that the woman who became Serenity gained the powers of flight and superhuman strength, speed, and invulnerability from a blast that should have killed her. Or perhaps it was destiny. Whether by chance or fate, it created the world's most powerful superhero, a woman who has fought nigh-constantly for over fifty years against dark forces that threaten planet Earth. Her powers keep her body young, but the stress is showing, and she has the soul of an old and grizzled warrior.

...there's a lot of whites and light colors in here, it's just occurring to me. I'm a writer, not a designer. :mellow: Anyway, hope that description is functional and not too vague / frustrating. Remember, I'm not a picky type. Again, thanks for making this thread. :)

My character's name: Renesvulous.

Hair color, length, and style: Brown bordering on black. Straight shoulder length.

Eye color and shape: Silver. Vulpine shape.

Skin color: Jet black.

Body type: Tall. Moderately Muscled arms and legs. Plate armor like torso.  Paw like feet and hands with toe/ finger claw hybrid. Ears that are a bat canine hybrid. Mouth full of teeth like razors. Aquiline nose.

Outfit: Loose shorts. Amethyst cloak. He wears several sapphire rings and a crown carved of sapphire.

Oddities: Strange aura of power which emanates from him.

Personality: A naturally born leader. He cares about those who most see as being below them. He is a warrior of great strength and renown. He is also a scholar of note. 

Interests:Leading those beings who are under his care. Scholarship. Warfare.

Backstory: As the most powerful Warlord of his people Renesvulous has the unenviable task of leading his people's government against their enemies both internal and external. For his people internal violence is not uncommon. He uses it when necessary, but does not revel in it. When he was a child a mysterious illness threatened his life. His father a mighty warlord in his own right found a mysterious healer who gave him a cure and then vanished without a trace. From that day on Renesvulous found that he could wield his will and emotions as a weapon. The catch unbeknownst to him at first was that every time he did so it broke his body down on a molecular level. Eventually he learned this and he became far more hesitant to use this powerful weapon. He is far more willing to expend all available avenues before fighting to solve a problem. He is a feared Warrior who is only matched by his fellow Warlord and foe Varakosh. 

Thanks for making this thread.

Edited by Nathrangking

ohgodsohgodsohgods

Do you know what the most nerve-wracking part of finishing off Swift as Steel is? Daydreaming about all the awesome artists milling about the Shard and wondering whether any of them will grace me with the extreme joy of complimenting my work by drawing any of my characters. And then being terrified that I'm not deserving of such glory.

Ahem. So.

Eva Valdorn

• Hair color, length, and style - Auburn (dyed; her natural color is a light brown that hovers near dark blonde and she got bored with how drab it was), generally long, but braided and pinned up out of her way.
  • Eye color and shape - Grey, standard Scadrian eye shape
  • Skin color (this includes any moles, freckles, or birthmarks they may have) - light-skinned
  • Body type - Athletic - she's a runner, and she's combat-trained. Definitely not a waif.
  • Outfit - Trousers, blouse, corset waist cincher. Take a Roughs duster, knock down the length, and add ruffles. Think something relatively similar in style to this, but with longer sleeves and without the skirt:
    • e426729fcfb61f1ccfb908f683c36957--steamp
  • Other assorted oddities (horns, wings, robotic arms, extra eyes, etc.) - She wears steel metalmind bracelets, and will have metal vials on her belt. Instead of the standard long dueling cane, she has two shorter wooden fighting sticks (less likely to break when hitting someone at increased speed).
  • Personality - Depending on who you ask, she's either the most fun ever or annoyingly mouthy. Enjoys pranking people in positions of power, preferably when there is ample plausible deniability to be had. Will absolutely kick all of the chull in defense of friends/family. Delightfully irreverent for long stretches of time which are then interrupted by occasional bouts of broodiness. Not a woman who takes the middle road very often, tends to not do anything by half, including screwing up.
  • Dislikes - Looking/feeling like an idiot (this unfortunately happens a lot). Villains. Getting thrown off of (moving) trains. Screwing up spectacularly.
  • Interests - Running. Cats. Plays the violin (a lot). Throwing herself into learning the skills necessary to not screw up in precisely such a spectacular way again.
  • Short rundown of their backstory - The eldest child of the only branch of the Valdorn family in Elendel (the rest is in True Madil). Her father's company specializes in gemstone mining and Metallic Arts-quality metals. Her father is an Allomancer; her mother of Terris heritage. Both Eva and her brother Jacek were identified as Feruchemists in childhood (her as a Steelrunner, him as an Archivist). It wasn't until {SPOILER} that Eva Snapped as an Allomancer herself. Shenanigans ensued.

This one is not Sanderson-related at all, just FYI.

Shir (meaning "sword" in his onomatopoeic language) generally called Naph

Hair color, length, and style:

White, except for a shock of black near the front if his head and a few slightly greyer whitish streaks in random places. His hair is about seven inches on top, and two inches on the sides and back. His black shock is braided with white and grey. The braid is thin, kind of like a Padawan Braid, and runs down the left side of his head to his shoulder. It sits right at the edge of his natural part-line. Except for the braid, his hair is mostly unkempt, though not dirty or greasy. His eyebrows are also white.

Eye color and shape:

Deep, penetrating indigo, his eyes are fairly symmetrical, and hard, though not unkind.

Skin color (this includes any moles, freckles, or birthmarks they may have):

Slightly pale, clear of freckles, with a kind of jagged scar on his left cheek from a stone knife. He also has shinier streaks of skin on his hands and wrists that run parallel until they cross in the middle of his hand. No hair grows on those streaks, though I don't really care if there's hair around them to point that out.

Body type:

6' tall and well muscled, but he isn't exactly stocky. He's about fourteen years old. His fingers are solid but not short or fat, and a sword feels very natural in his hands.

Outfit (if you have reference photos, that's even better):

Shir wears a black leather vest with straps across it to hold it closed. The vest is actually leather armor that has been molded to his body and fits his musculature perfectly while still allowing free movement. He wears a splint-mail over cotton skirt like the Romans, where the splints are black and the cotton is white. He also has a white metal helmet with an eyeslit that goes back to his temples and connects to a vertical nose/mouth slit, though it has a black leather panel that goes across it and cinches around the back and is annoyed to the helmet in several places among the way, so it probably won't be seen if he's wearing it. He carries a short sword and round shield that follow his black and white theme.

Other assorted oddities (horns, wings, robotic arms, extra eyes, etc.):

None I haven't mentioned yet.

Personality:

Somewhat conflicted about the morality of his actions. On one hand, he's guarding an exiled princess, and she's gorgeous. On the other, she's EXILED, meaning that he's breaking the law. He is increasingly frustrated by his memory loss, and surprised by his inability to lose. Anything. He revels in confrontation, and this worries him, because he knows that it's usually a bad thing. He is also struggling with his emotions in regards to romantic interest, as he's currently being followed by a beautiful, playful, and surprisingly human dryad, but had also been flirted with by a certain exiled princess...

Interests:

Combat and anything related is right up Shir's alley, but he's also very interested in peaceful, mysterious things. Like girls...

Short rundown of their backstory:

Shir has no idea what his real name is, and goes by the local name of Naph right now. The first day he can remember, Naph awoke at the base of a cliff near the edge of a forest. He walked in and heard screaming, and ended up saving the aforementioned dryad from a woman-hungry soldier, who Naph - somehow - made short work of. He since joined the Guardians - a squad of elite warriors and mages dedicated to protecting an exiled princess.

Before that, though, Shir had become the god of conflict to his people on another world, and had been sent to this world by the higher god, Discipline, to destroy the world for the greater good of the universe. His journey to this world made him forget everything because of the influence of another high god, and he thinks his purpose is to stop an evil warlord from taking over the world.

Also, I full body would be best, and thanks for making this thread.

47 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

So I'm working on the first one right now. I just want everyone to know that I'll probably only be able to get these out at a rate of one or two a week. I hope that's okay. :) 

I'll open this back up for requests when I get through most of these. Stay tuned!

That is absolutely fine. I'm looking forward to seeing all these pictures! Your last thread is one of my favorites. :D

On 12/26/2017 at 1:16 AM, Alvron said:

Sounds interesting.  I admit that I wouldn't mind a sketch of some of my Sanderson Elimination characters.  Let's start with an early version of Ratel and see how it goes. 

Hair color, length, and style
Black starting to go grey.  Just past shoulder length.  Wild and unkempt.

Eye color and shape
Left eye is milky white (He's blind in that eye)  Other is grey.

Skin color (this includes any moles, freckles, or birthmarks they may have)
Light tan.  Slightly leathery due to spending a great deal out in the sun otherwise nothing remarkable.

Body type 
Human. :P  Approx 6 feet tall and 48 years old.  Fit and muscled due to years of physical labor.  Not much meat on his bones due to lack of ample food.  He lives mostly off what he catches in the wild.

Outfit (if you have reference photos, that's even better)
Trapper/Old style Gold miner/Prospector 1850 style

Other assorted oddities (horns, wings, robotic arms, extra eyes, etc.)
N/A

Personality
Loner and happy not to talk to others.

Interests
None really.  Spend most of his time either trapping or mining.

Short rundown of their backstory
A member of the Jeskeri Mysteries since he was a child.  He left the order for a while when gold was discovered in the hills near Duladel.

Sorry this took twice as long as it was supposed to. My computer decided it would be a good idea to crash when I was halfway finished.:rolleyes:

Spoiler

Ratel.thumb.jpg.b8996061df3c182d8ea0003e9e5998bd.jpg

It was really fun to draw someone older for once. ^_^ Especially since you don't have to worry about making them attractive,

5 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Sorry this took twice as long as it was supposed to. My computer decided it would be a good idea to crash when I was halfway finished.:rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

Ratel.thumb.jpg.b8996061df3c182d8ea0003e9e5998bd.jpg

It was really fun to draw someone older for once. ^_^ Especially since you don't have to worry about making them attractive,

Wonderful.  Thank you very much.  I really like his expression.  Definitely a loner / don't talk to me type.  :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 8:20 PM, Seonid said:

This is awesome that you're doing this! Can you tag me when you open this up again? I have a character that I'd like to see drawn up.

I second this, I would love to be tagged as well. I have some characters from my writing that I would love to see drawn.