Trellium Allomantic Effect Speculation Thread

Quickbronze

1 hour ago, Aon Ati said:

Can we try to summarize what is the hemalurgic effect we have seen is? My best guess is that it stole animal instincts or something.

It seemed to allow a kandra to use allomancy, not sure if an allomancer had to be killed with the spikes or not(most likely). That begs the question of what specifically made it so kandra couldn't use allomancy. My guess is because they are hemalurgic creations? 

It's hemalurgic effect is unclear. 

Hemalurgy in general could grant Allomancy to Kandra, it's just a matter of knowing how.

NinjaMeTimbers

What would happen if you gave [a mistwraith] a spike imbued with steel Allomancy? I'm assuming that wouldn't be enough to grant it sentience but could it then use steel powers? Can you give Allomantic powers to a kandra?

Brandon Sanderson

Hemalurgy can give Allomantic powers to a kandra. The process to do so is not known to anyone but Harmony.

Trelllium appears to steal a broader spectrum then normal, whether that is all physical types, be they Allomancy, Feruchemy, and human traits, or if it's a true universal theft like Atium is unclear. But it's ability to grant things to Kandra is not special. 

As far as its Allomantic or Feruchemical properties... I don't think we'll see those anytime soon, if at all. Allomancy and Feruchemy require a spiritual component to use. 

word_thief

What would happen if a Mistborn ingested the metal of a Shardblade/plate?

Brandon Sanderson

A shardblade is invested. A Mistborn isn't likely to have a tie to that type of Investiture. So probably nothing would happen…

So unless Trell has invested into the world strongly enough to create a spiritual link between it's people and the metal, I don't think it will have an effect at all. 

Hemalurgy avoids this requirement. There's no connection needed. Just knowledge of bindpoints, and the intent to steal. 

I believe we have no way to determinate what the Trellium Allomancy does.

We saw only the Trellium used into Hemalurgy and also in that cases we don't know if it's always the same "Trellium" or if they were different Trellium Alloys. For here I will assume it's only pure Trellium everytime.

- So the Trellium showed the possibility to steal multiple Attributes, at least A-Steel, F-Steel and an unknown non-magical attributes. This pushed people (me included) to think the Godmetals could steal Everything (something we believed was reserved by the Atium) but each one with a different extra (I will return to this later).

- Someone spiked by Trellium is showed to be undetectable by Harmony as Spiked-Being, but this could be not a specific power of the Trellium as simply a features of every "Foreign godmetal spike" (to say, all the other Godmetals' Spike could be unseen by Harmony).

- Bleeder showed the ability to use the Hemalurgy's weakness to comunicate with Wax, again here we don't know if the Trellium is involved or Bleeder was using an advanced technique inside the Metallic Arts (maybe through Emotional Allomancy) for doing it. 

Honestly, we don't know nothing sure about Trellium to try to speculate.

- My first idea when I read the book, was about the Trellium as "steal everything" and the "stealth effect" as extra

- Later I realized how semplicistic was my view, for example we saw the Trellium be used only to steal physical powers and an attribute (that could be almost everything as far as we know), this could point to a sort of limitation of the metal's steal-set (of course this idea, remove the chance of Bleeder using Emotional Allomancy on Wax and therefore could point in some Trellium-effect in there).

You may see how we don't even know what the trellium could do into the Magic we already saw it in action....Feruchemy and Allomancy are utopias (and by the way, probably no one is able to burn it regardless)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the stealth seems to suspicious to be a coincidence, especially that Trell is theorixed to be the Autonomy.

Communication on the other hand seems totally like a power of ruin, so i suspect that anyone spiked could do it if he really tried becouse of his hole in soul.

Edit: To why trellium sems to steal all the powers: mabye it is not one metal, but few diffrent alloys of trellium? Like alloy of steel and lerasium makes you a coinshot.

Edited by Szmit

• Chaos locked this topic