Nightwatcher boon/curse game

I saw this idea a while back and thought I would recreate it for people (like myself) who missed it. 

So there is a classic forum game that I've usually seen called "yes, but". Usually used in reference to wishes. Basically, the first person posts a wish, then the poster after them grants that wish but tacks on a rider to make it awful, then posts their own wish. And so on and so on.

The Boons and Curses from the Nightwatcher seem ideal for this. Since the bane doesn't necessarily have to be directly connected to the boon granted, this opens up a bit more leeway, but I think it could still be at least mildly amusing to see what we lurkers of the forums come up with. 

I’ll start: I want the intellect of a zinc compounder constantly.

Edited by Herald Of Justice

1 hour ago, Herald Of Justice said:

I saw this idea a while back and thought I would recreate it for people (like myself) who missed it. 

So there is a classic forum game that I've usually seen called "yes, but". Usually used in reference to wishes. Basically, the first person posts a wish, then the poster after them grants that wish but tacks on a rider to make it awful, then posts their own wish. And so on and so on.

The Boons and Curses from the Nightwatcher seem ideal for this. Since the bane doesn't necessarily have to be directly connected to the boon granted, this opens up a bit more leeway, but I think it could still be at least mildly amusing to see what we lurkers of the forums come up with. 

I’ll start: I want the intellect of a zinc compounder constantly.

Yes, but you'll have the attention span of a goldfish.

I want a wallet that always has the correct amount of cash in it when I open it to buy something.

• Chaos locked this topic