Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JPark317

Quick Question re Scadrial Stories

2 posts in this topic

Just a quick question: after reading SotS (State of the Sanderson), Brandon mentioned that era 3 of Mistborn will be a 1980s “spy thriller;” does this mean we will have four different series on scadrial? I understand that the Wax and Wayne stuff caused a lot of confusion with what to call it and he now calls it era 2. As far as I know, which is why I’m asking here, the final era of Scadrial/Mistborn stories is going to take place in the distant future and incorporate more SciFi elements/be more of a space opera with futuristic technology, but he had originally mentioned (I thought) only three different eras on a Scadrial.

So, tl;dr: is the plan, now that Wax and Wayne stories are Era 2 on Scadrial, to have four different eras/series on Scadrial?

Thanks in advance for the help!

You’re pretty much right. Originally, when there were to be three Eras, Wax and Wayne was just a short story, a break from other projects. When it became a series, Brandon decided to call it Era 1.5. That was too awkward, so now it is officially Era 2. There will be a total of 4 Eras if all goes according to plan. 

Edited by podman36