Susebron's Childhood Book...Sixth of Dust Connection?

fifthfinger

After Oathbringer I decided I needed a refresher on Warbreaker, and today I was reading and stumbled across a conversation between Susebron and Siri talking about his childhood book being all about "Trees eating people"  sounds a lot like the trees from Sixth of dust.  Did anyone else notice, and could this hit at a larger connection between Nalthians and the Drominad system?  The book is one Susebron's Mother read to him. Was she maybe not native to Nalthians?

Sixth of the Dusk was actually brainstormed during Season 8:  Episode 16 of Writing Excuses in 2013, and wasn’t built into the original Cosmere plan.  Warbreaker was published 4 years before that, so the connection you found was probably coincidental. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2017 at 6:49 PM, fifthfinger said:

After Oathbringer I decided I needed a refresher on Warbreaker, and today I was reading and stumbled across a conversation between Susebron and Siri talking about his childhood book being all about "Trees eating people"  sounds a lot like the trees from Sixth of dust.  Did anyone else notice, and could this hit at a larger connection between Nalthians and the Drominad system?  The book is one Susebron's Mother read to him. Was she maybe not native to Nalthians?

Fun idea though!

On 12/21/2017 at 3:04 PM, ILuvHats said:

Sixth of the Dusk was actually brainstormed during Season 8:  Episode 16 of Writing Excuses in 2013, and wasn’t built into the original Cosmere plan.  Warbreaker was published 4 years before that, so the connection you found was probably coincidental. 

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. I’ve been listening to WarBreaker looking for clues to see if Tonk Fah’s Colorful bird showed any sign of being an Aviar. 

Perhaps I’m wasting my time. 

1 hour ago, JoyBlu said:

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. I’ve been listening to WarBreaker looking for clues to see if Tonk Fah’s Colorful bird showed any sign of being an Aviar. 

Perhaps I’m wasting my time. 

Off topic, but JoyBlu, I had a question for you in one of the December signing threads :) 

• Chaos locked this topic