Inquisitors and f-healing (plus OG Trell)

Necessary Eagle

So I was just rereading my Mistborn books, and I found a few weird things. Such as Inqusitor healing. All the Inquisitors have super healing, which is said to be feruchemical. But TLR thought he had bred the feruchemy out of the Terrismen. So where did he get the victims to make the spikes?

Also, the Nalazen the worshipped the stars. This implies that they could see the stars. Were the pre-Deepness mists sporadic, or really thin, or what?

10 minutes ago, VirtuousTraveller said:

I could be wrong, but don't they reuse the spikes from generation to generation of Inquisitor?  That'd be my answer (without doing a review of any of the books :-P)

That's what they did for duralumin and aluminum

1 hour ago, VirtuousTraveller said:

I could be wrong, but don't they reuse the spikes from generation to generation of Inquisitor?  That'd be my answer (without doing a review of any of the books :-P)

So what's killing Inquisitors at such a rate that there's always a spare set of spikes for each new one?

That scene is in the Hero of Ages. In the Well of Ascension the Inquisitors go to Terris and kill all the feruchemists of the synode, who had revealed themselves to govern their people. They used Hemalurgy on them to steal their powers.

5 minutes ago, Necessary Eagle said:

Yes, but it says all Inquisitors have always had f-gold healing.

Remember how the Keepers got slaughtered sometime during book 2? The Inquisitors have been hunting Feruchemists for centuries, on TLR's orders. He gets rid of his enemies, and his elite troops become even more elite. Win-Win.

7 hours ago, Necessary Eagle said:

So what's killing Inquisitors at such a rate that there's always a spare set of spikes for each new one?

Humanity and their obsession with numbers and organization. "Remember, the first and only reality of the Sith. There can only be two, and you are no longer my apprentice." —Darth Sidious

There aren't that many Inquisitors, and it has always been that way. (Marsh thinks there's under 20, there were 13 in the final battle, so if you add in the few that had been killed prior to that, how about 16 of them?) This way, they don't need to be dying off with any real speed, they just need to be dying. When one dies, they get replaced(give or take, since some of them are in the outer dominances at times).

On 12/21/2017 at 10:41 AM, Necessary Eagle said:

Also, the Nalazen the worshipped the stars. This implies that they could see the stars. Were the pre-Deepness mists sporadic, or really thin, or what?

The mists pre-deepness were like they are in Era 2, I believe. Also, the atmosphere was thinner, as the ashmounts weren't around. 

• Chaos locked this topic