14 hours ago, Fanghur Rahl said:

Honestly, I always imagined Pattern as having more of a robotic voice, personally. Or at the very least an ‘artificial’ sounding voice if that makes sense?

Yeah, it makes sense. I still think Gillen fits very well with how I imagine Pattern though. Each to their own :-)

14 hours ago, KelsierofHathsin said:

I kind of agree but Wyndle should have an almost whiny voice "Oh Mother Cultivation!"

Anthony Daniels maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

Both would be amazing. But I personally love the idea of David Tennant playing Hoid. Beyond that, maybe Bradley James (Arthur in Merlin) as Elhokar?

[Sorry for the empty quote. New to the site and don't know how to do anything lol]

Edited by HulkSmash2413

First thought for Kaladin was Luke Evans, though I did really enjoy Luke Pasqualino in that Three Musketeers BBC show of his.  

How old is Shallan?  Everyone here seems to be casting her a decent bit older than Id have expected; I had her as notably younger than your Kaladins and Jasnahs in my head, maybe early 20's to their early 30's.  I was going to suggest Molly Quinn for shallanas my "natural Redhead" suggestion.

8 hours ago, HulkSmash2413 said:

Both would be amazing. But I personally love the idea of David Tennant playing Hoid. Beyond that, maybe Bradley James (Arthur in Merlin) as Elhokar?

[Sorry for the empty quote. New to the site and don't know how to do anything lol]

Perfectly fine, I've been here nigh on six months, and I still can't figure out some of the technical stuff. 

Maybe Sean Bean for Elhokar? He can play paranoid pretty well,and the fact that his characters tend to die, twould be poetic.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:11 AM, RShara said:

For Dalinar Ken Watanabe

Ken_facebook_profile_400x400.jpg

or Donnie Yen

donnie_yen_featured_image.jpg?fit=770,47

Godfrey Gao for Kaladin

Godfrey_Gao.jpg

Sammo Hung for Sadeas

MV5BMTAxMTM3MzM4MzVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDIz

For Shallan Park Hye Min

tumblr_mqqkphUUd31qmej7bo1_r1_500.png

or Mirei Kiritani

a8e4fba04c1a5e76f324311073dbdfbe.jpg

Nyle DiMarco as Adolin

DiMarco_Event_Cal-400.jpg

Maggie Q as Jasnah

MaggieQPreview.jpg

David Bautista as Rock

batista-rtr-042617.jpg

Jimmy Yang as Renarin

MV5BNzFiZjM2NmMtZDFmNi00NDM3LWJkMjctNWY5

Michelle Yeoh as Navani

MV5BMTg0NTI0NDkzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYw

OH MY GOSH DAVE BAUTISTA AS ROCK PLEASE

On 9/12/2018 at 2:44 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

Anyone but me who wants Mark Hamill as Odium? 

I could see this. I would need Odium to be someone who can appear kindly and good but then turn straight evil in a half-second. I feel Mark Hamill could do this well, he's played wise old men and also some insane villains. And he does both of them very well. So I support this idea.

Mads Mikkelsen is Odium for me. The way he played Hannibal Lecter = completely terrifying and charismatic all at once

And Imogen Poots as Shallan

Engin Altan Düzyatan as younger Dalinar flashbacks

I also love the suggestions of Natalie Dormer as Venli and Tom Hiddleston as Hoid. Was also thinking Sam Claflin would make a great Hoid! 

photos in spoiler tags for length:

Spoiler

6EDE1F5D-FDE2-48BA-A233-068F8C637733.jpeg.7197a07bf763344fbe44cb739ef5f996.jpeg

E87B9BF0-1003-4A08-8578-5EF1CC20DF08.jpeg.df8db28a3c256f74788021d79e89210a.jpeg

1B92563D-A33A-43E8-A19C-5BA1F1DA1CC9.jpeg.1f3eedb1031f0c308e357d60dbdadeef.jpeg

Edited by Kahlani

Oooooh that being said, James Spader as Hoid/Wit. I know at his current age he probably isn't a good Hoid lookalike, but just imagine Spader's voice doing those lines! I can see him doing all of it: the witty/snarky comments directed at pretentious lighteyes, the sudden shift into dramatic moments, the overwhelming self confidence, the calm serious attitude that sometimes comes out... I mean common! Just imagine him narrating Wandersail or the Girl Who Looked Up or any of his monologues at the end of the books! It would be so perfect :D