The Lord Ruler vs. Susebron

Housedunn

2 hours ago, Stormrunner1730 said:

Even so, I can't think of how he'd actually kill TLR given the sheer power a fullborn has.

Elantris(AonDor) Spoilers

Spoiler

We have Aon Edo, which makes energy barriers. It draws power from the Dor itself, so I don't think he could simply leech it. (Nightblood could kill an Aon, but I'm not sure how similar that is)
Then we have Aon Sheo, which means "death." This may be a bit forwards, but I think this Aon might kill people.

AonDor can theoretically be made into a programming language. I think this could do the trick:

x = 1
while x >= 1:
  print "Sheo"
  x += 1

Astute eyes may have noticed this loop would run forever, which is the point. If our Fullborn cannot escape the energy barriers(you could make one above and beneath him too, to make sure), then the next thing to do would be to outlast his healing reserves. In this case, by killing him over and over again until he doesn't get back up. (If by chance, death isn't the power of this Aon, we still have Aon Ehe and pillars of fire)

Edited by The One Who Connects

3 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Elantris(AonDor) Spoilers

Hide contents

We have Aon Edo, which makes energy barriers. It draws power from the Dor itself, so I don't think he could simply leech it. (Nightblood could kill an Aon, but I'm not sure how similar that is)
Then we have Aon Sheo, which means "death." This may be a bit forwards, but I think this Aon might kill people.

AonDor can theoretically be made into a programming language. I think this could do the trick:

x = 1
while x >= 1:
  print "Sheo"
  x += 1

Astute eyes may have noticed this loop would run forever, which is the point. If our Fullborn cannot escape the energy barriers(you could make one above and beneath him too, to make sure), then the next thing to do would be to outlast his healing reserves. In this case, by killing him over and over again until he doesn't get back up. (If by chance, death isn't the power of this Aon, we still have Aon Ehe and pillars of fire)

So theoretically, a fullborn could be killed by someone using Aons creatively?  But per your comment, the big variable here is the meaning/effect of certain Aons and the fullborn's metal reserves. 

40 minutes ago, Stormrunner1730 said:

So theoretically, a fullborn could be killed by someone using Aons creatively?  But per your comment, the big variable here is the meaning/effect of certain Aons and the fullborn's metal reserves. 

And trapping them in the first place. The barriers are great and would probably work. But trapping a steel compounder isn't exactly easy. 

As I said in another posts here, a Fullborn is a real monster for the sheer amount of options he would have, so also without Compounding...The Compounding turn him into an huge monster...This is means he is not defeatable ? Sure not...But Awakening is as far as I could think, the worst way to fight the beast.

Selish magic could do a better job (assuming the possibility to use it at all, for...the limitation it has) and also Rosharan Magic could do a decent job. I will not keep on this topic as here we are in the Mistborn's subforum (or maybe some mob could move it to Cosmere as in its own concept it's already a crossover between stories)

The Awakening has the issue to have an huge cost to performe with a resource hardly recoverable. Assuming every fighter has at least a general understanding of the enemy's skill...It's really easy to exploit Awakening's weakness aganist a GodKing. It's harder (but still possible) to exploit Metallic Arts' weakness.

• Chaos locked this topic