3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

As I will be dead soon, I will disclose the following information:

I am seeker 2. I've scanned Straw. I will not disclose my result, but I don't believe Straw is evil.

I predict the infiltrator team is Drought and ShaneysRus. I predict that HH is the unstable mistborn.

Well. Forgive my saying so, but I don't think you took very kindly to recieving a vote.

Perhaps you will not believe me, but I really don't care if you accuse me of being an eliminator. What I do care about is that your accusation is leveled against my character.

I am going to say this once. I have no particular expectation, or even desire, to shape today's lynch with these words. But you would do well to remember them.

I am a direct person. And I believe that self-effacing is a waste of time. If I believe I might be wrong about something, I will reevaluate it, and potentially change my way of thinking accordingly. The one who is confident is the one who can admit that they are wrong. Insecurity begets arrogance.

But do not mistake confidence for commanding. When, pray tell, have I actually told anybody what to do? Present me with anything of the sort, and you will have my profuse apologies.

You accuse me of "dictating what a sound decision is." How exactly am I "dictating" anything? I believe it is a sound decision. Am I not allowed to express my personal beliefs? If you think I am forcing my beliefs upon others, you are putting words in my mouth. When have I attempted to pass off my own beliefs as anything other than my own beliefs??

If you feel that your free agency is threatened, you have my sympathy. But do not presume to assign the fault for this at my feet.

Also, my username has two L's in it.

Bruh could you tell me why you voted on me then labelled me a greater threat?

But yeah, that whole thing was based around literally like the past couple pages in this thread, and after what Seonid brought up and seeing how you've been reacting, coupled with that you are apparently Seeker 2, shows me that your confidence stems from your role and deduction, which I can appreciate. And lets play no games, you were behaving like a mayor and heavily been insinuating that others follow your ideas.

And let's roll back to the very definition of "dictate" shall we

dictate
verb
dɪkˈteɪt/
1state or order authoritatively.

Yes, that is what you've been doing my good man. And your "authority" stems from your role and such.

Regardless I have been convinced of your villagerness and agree with what others have said about Drought, who has been my second suspicion.
Drake Drought.

Oh and @Seonid, I am not the Mistborn :P and I don't believe there is sufficient, if any evidence to point anyone to that regard, so I would like to hear more on why you voted on me.

Also @Steeldancer just poking you to ask how that analysis post is going.

And guys, I think my response was more offensive than defensive, I didn't really defend myself did I even tho offense is the best defense. But the reason I was so offensive was because Drake was flippant with his vote on me and then stated that he had his eyes on a greater threat, while his vote was on me, which really rang off to me, which I also mentioned in my "defensive" response, and now that Drake hasn't decided to bestow reasoning on to my vote, and that Seonid too voted on me without much evidence prior to my "defensive" post. Araris I can understand, but to be fair I've only really been playing SE like this for a few games so, all this "suspicion" on me is based on my "defensive" responnse

Which I think is ludicrous. 

Edited by Darkness_

I've been on vacation the past few days but I've been trying to stay active by posting on my phone. Yesterday, I considered voting for Drake, but I doubted myself. I had screwed up once, and I wasn't sure if I wasn't being fooled by the eliminators. I backed off, and voted for an inactive. I wanted to vote for someone at the very least, since I thought the cycle was ending. I'm not a Tineye, but I believe that voting is better than not voting, even on an inactive. Since he is no longer inactive, Shanerockes.

In regards to our next target, we're in a tight spot. I have a hunch that the traitors have a Thug, which would balance out the game more. Still, if we kill off too many of them, we can easily lose. On the other hand, there's no good way to find the Mistborn. I'm loathe to lynch someone for killing a bad guy. This is unique to this game so I'm not sure how to deal with this.

I'm stuck. I don't want to vote on the people who voted Ornstein. They clearly have better judgement than me. I don't want to vote on the people who abstained, since I practically did that this cycle. I also don't want to vote for those who followed my lead on Arinian, because that might kill a traitor.

So I'm going to go with my gut. Drake , my gut just doesn't have a good feeling about you. I was going to vote on you earlier, but I backed off. No more. You're acting like a mayor, and I can't help noticing you're claiming a role that the Mistborn has. If I read the rules right, the Mistborn can use the kill and use one of their other powers in the same night. Thus, he's trying to get away by using a scan result.

@A Joe in the Bush can the Mistborn scan and kill in the same night? If not, then I'll remove my vote.

13 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

But yeah, that whole thing was based around literally like the past couple pages in this thread, and after what Seonid brought up and seeing how you've been reacting, coupled with that you are apparently Seeker 2, shows me that your confidence stems from your role and deduction, which I can appreciate. And lets play no games, you were behaving like a mayor and heavily been insinuating that others follow your ideas.

Yes, that is what you've been doing my good man. And your "authority" stems from your role and such.

Regardless I have been convinced of your villagerness and agree with what others have said about Drought, who has been my second suspicion.
Drake Drought.

Oh and @Seonid, I am not the Mistborn :P and I don't believe there is sufficient, if any evidence to point anyone to that regard, so I would like to hear more on why you voted on me.

And guys, I think my response was more offensive than defensive, I didn't really defend myself did I even tho offense is the best defense. But the reason I was so offensive was because Drake was flippant with his vote on me and then stated that he had his eyes on a greater threat, while his vote was on me, which really rang off to me, which I also mentioned in my "defensive" response, and now that Drake hasn't decided to bestow reasoning on to my vote, and that Seonid too voted on me without much evidence prior to my "defensive" post. Araris I can understand, but to be fair I've only really been playing SE like this for a few games so, all this "suspicion" on me is based on my "defensive" responnse

Sorry i was trying not to kill myself driving home in the snow. Here's the gist of what I have for each player:

1. Straw- neutral read. I need you to talk more, straw. 

2. Droughtbringer- I'm most suspicious of Drought. Between a bad gut read, your defensiveness, and the asterion lynch (and your inability to notice that I've explained my suspicions multiple times. Honestly.) 

3. Seonid- Strong village. 

4. Hemalurgic Headshot- neutralish. I need more to really get a read. 

5. Darkness- slight elim read, but I am still need more from him to be more sure of my read, so this one is subject to change. 

6. Drake Marshall- Strong village. I do not think we should lynch him. 

7. shanerockes- is alive, no read as of yet. 

8. ShaneyRus- is alive, no read as of yet. 

9. Nuttallaspren- slight village read, please talk more :)

10. Araris Valerian- my read on his posts is more mixed after some of the things he's said this cycle. I'm willing to give him a chance, which focuses my suspicion from the asterion lynch on Drought. 

11. Sart- as mentioned before, I have a mixed read on Sart, and hope for him to say more. He's been tagged several times, I won't tag him again. Oh, and I got ninjad by him, so I'll see what he has to say. 

12. Aspen- Hasn't talked too much, but I do have a slight village read. I have more to say, but the stupid thing creates a 13, and I gotta go spend a few minutes with family. 

Oh, and sart  . I can relate on the whole "impossible to find a lynch" thing as a villager, I've played many games as a villager where I just kind of didn't exactly know what to do. I do think you're beating yourself a little much, but I have bigger fish to fry. Namely, HH . I'm not sure how a mistborn would appear, but the weird back and forth gut reads I've been getting from him might be bad. It's why I put him as neutral. 

I'll admit, I'm not sure about this. But we have to start somewhere looking for the Mistborn. 

48 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

Drake Drought.

You may find my explanation for voting for you inadequate. But to say I have offered no explanation is rather untruthful.

You seem to be implying that my role is giving me a power trip, and that this explains my demeanor. To attribute anything I have said to my role is massively condescending. When have I said anything that even remotely justifies this conclusion? Why precisely are you so confident that you have this all figured out?

You have quite completely ignored my previous question, so I repeat: Where exactly have I done anything remotely dictatorial? Where have I told anyone what to do?

Do you truly believe that "stating authoratively" is the best way to define being a mayor? If so, please explain why you are not currently "stating authoratively" that I am a mayor.

There is an important distinction between asserting your beliefs and demanding that others adopt them, and I would ask that you learn it.

3 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

You may find my explanation for voting for you inadequate. But to say I have offered no explanation is rather untruthful.

You seem to be implying that my role is giving me a power trip, and that this explains my demeanor. To attribute anything I have said to my role is massively condescending. When have I said anything that even remotely justifies this conclusion? Why precisely are you so confident that you have this all figured out?

You have quite completely ignored my previous question, so I repeat: Where exactly have I done anything remotely dictatorial? Where have I told anyone what to do?

Do you truly believe that "stating authoratively" is the best way to define being a mayor? If so, please explain why you are not currently "stating authoratively" that I am a mayor.

There is an important distinction between asserting your beliefs and demanding that others adopt them, and I would ask that you learn it.

When I said lets stop playing games, I meant it.

Hmm @Hemalurgic Headshot I think you may have misinterpreted what I said? I'm a little confused/unclear on how you guys use the term "mayor" here, but I meant "supatown" in a positive way -- it usually refers to players who are taking some charge of the discussion in such a pro-town way that rather than looking like they are faking it they are widely trusted for it. Trying to figure out if I still feel that way about Drake in light of recent discussion but that was what I meant at the time, not that I thought he was suspicious for openly trying to solve the game. 

I've been feeling slightly under the weather and my head hasn't really been totally in the game/I haven't really thoroughly read some of the recent posts and I'm not fully up-to-date on the in-depth analysis going on. I hope to get back to being more in touch with the discussion when I can but from where I stand I'm still comfortable with keeping my vote on Drought.

7 hours ago, Seonid said:

@Straw, @shanerockes, neither of you have voted yet. I've laid out my case for why I don't think that Drake is evil. How do you feel about the situation?

After looking at what evidence you give, I do in fact believe that Drake is not evil whatsoever. I do feel that everyone who has vote against him is and seeing as there are 5 votes against him, my vote will have to be between them and I choose Darkness.

10 minutes ago, shanerockes said:

After looking at what evidence you give, I do in fact believe that Drake is not evil whatsoever. I do feel that everyone who has vote against him is and seeing as there are 5 votes against him, my vote will have to be between them and I choose Darkness.

Bravo, 6 eliminators.

9 minutes ago, shanerockes said:

I do feel that everyone who has vote against him is

You think that everyone who has voted against Drake is evil? Also, could you explain why you are voting for Darkness?

4 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Droughtbringer- I'm most suspicious of Drought. Between a bad gut read, your defensiveness, and the asterion lynch (and your inability to notice that I've explained my suspicions multiple times. Honestly.) 

You're explanations, don't seem to be that much. 

Bad Gut Read: This one is fair.

Your Defensiveness: Of course I am defensive. I want to stay alive and help however I can. This means that I need to defend myself. As well as the fact that I... (see next point)

Asterion Lynch: Asterion had seen the thread. Asterion knew, at least to some degree, what was going on. For me, this means that someone is actively watching the thread, but not actively playing. This seems more suspicious to me, because it implies that someone is using a doc, and looking at the thread and posting directly into the doc rather than saying anything in the thread. If someone is just inactive they aren't doing that. I don't think that we should have lynched Ornstein, still. He was inactive which meant that, at the time, was only helping the eliminators by existing, but not contributing to discussion. I am still happy that we found an elim, but it seems to me that lynching inactives tends to not be as helpful. That being said we did gain some information out of this, namely: The Asterion lynch, and the people who vote on Asterion to try and save Ornstein. This would be  Sart, Araris, Drake, Droughtbringer, and Devotary (Yes, me in the third person(I just copied and pasted from N1 and I am too lazy to press backspace)). 
     The biggest problem with assuming that the eliminators would try and save Ornstien is that he is constantly innactive. A direct quote from him, and MR22 is:

I never contribute anything!

He tends to be an inactive, and saving him doesn't do much to help the elims, except for the fact that there is possibly a false trail that is being laid behind him. Lynching Ornstein is possibly a way to distance yourself from him, and the fact that he is an elim. Sure, this is just me defending myself, but it still is a decent point, so I will be, personally, looking closer at: Seonid, Straw, Steel, HH, L.Legend.

@Seonid has been fairly useful for the town, but has (recently) began to focus a lot on the Mistborn. This could be a good strategy for the village, or it could not. Depending on...
@A Joe in the Bush If all of the Elims die does the game end and the Unstable Mistborn win? Or does the game continue until something else? 
If the game does end then we really need to focus on the UM, but if it doesn't end then we should probably focus elims, form a pact with the UM, then kill the UM afterwards.
Depending on the results of this questions, and Seonids reaction to it will change my read of him. So Neutral read for now.

@Straw recently has "Voted to solidify the lynch" but that is about it. He hasn't done much but has appeared to be active by pinging inactives and voting on people. Slight Elim read.

@Steeldancer You've contributed a lot to the village, providing discussion, and attempting to lynch me :P The lynching me actually makes me think of you more as town, because you have brought up half decent reasons and seem to genuinly want to lynch someone. That being said... *dramatic pause* Slight Village read.

@Hemalurgic Headshot Pushed for lynching Ornstein. Then claimed to not be the Unstable Mistborn, saying that the UM knew who that he wasn't the UM which is weird reasoning. He also is pushing for a lynch on Drake (I think), saying that we don't have to keep him alive, even though he has been contributing to discussion, specifically discussion on the UM. This gives me a slight Mistborn read.

@livinglegend has posted only 2 times in this game, and doesn't give me any reads one way or another. So not even a neutral read, just No Read.

For fear of losing the game due to killing of all of the elims, I will be putting my vote on HH Instead of Straw. Also, Drake.

Araris (1)- Shaneyrus
Drought (3)- Nutella, Araris, Dark
Drake (2)- Straw, Sart
Hemalurgic Headshot (2)- Steel, Drought
Darkness (3)- Drake, Seonid, shanerockes

Here's a current vote count, to the best of my knowledge, with color codes as before.

This has been a significant rearrangement of the vote count. More information in the long run, as we watch for interactions and patterns. But it means that this lynch is more chaotic and much more open to manipulation. In a way, I hope things are manipulated, because that tells us a great deal.

@Darkness_, I voted you for the Mistborn because of the way you tended to react to Drake's posts pushing against you. I don't have any concrete evidence - the whole point of a Serial Killer role is that they don't have connections and therefore are hard to trace. You have to look and try to find someone who is trying to fan the flames of the village-eliminator conflict without actually moving towards winning the game for either side.

Do you match that? Not yet. But you're the best lead I've got.

@Droughtbringer - I base my assessment on the fact that the Unstable Mistborn is labeled as a Serial Killer. They are generally considered to be anti-town, with incompatible win conditions. Also, living legend is dead - Elim kill last night. They were a town Tineye 1. That also kind of informs my opinion with regards to whether Ornstein was a bus or not. If Ornstein was a bus, I'm not sure that the Elims would be restricting the pool of suspects that way. Of course, they might be a step ahead of me, and have killed living legend to direct attention away from the remaining players. But that turns into an IKYK gambit quickly.

34 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

@A Joe in the Bush If all of the Elims die does the game end and the Unstable Mistborn win? Or does the game continue until something else? 
If the game does end then we really need to focus on the UM, but if it doesn't end then we should probably focus elims, form a pact with the UM, then kill the UM afterwards.

The game ends if Elend is Lynched, or the Last Eliminator dies. The village has to kill the Unstable Mistborn before the last Eliminator dies, otherwise they win.

pin_1514876400.png

14 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Also, living legend is dead - Elim kill last night. They were a town Tineye 1. That also kind of informs my opinion with regards to whether Ornstein was a bus or not. If Ornstein was a bus, I'm not sure that the Elims would be restricting the pool of suspects that way. Of course, they might be a step ahead of me, and have killed living legend to direct attention away from the remaining players. But that turns into an IKYK gambit quickly.

I'm smart :P Sorry LL.

Yeah, the IKYK is not a fun thing to have to deal with. It stands for I know you know for the new players. (it is kinda like this scene in the Princess Bride)

But my point still stands that they probably didn't participate in the lynch as much as we are all thinking that they are, so. probably sometime tonight (if I'm not dead) will take a look at who all has been active but didn't vote (if there is anyone) to see who all is there. I just feel like the elims would not have done much to stop the vote. Maybe they wouldn't have done much to help it, though.

And yes, let us look for the Unstable Mistborn, because I quite like winning. If you are the elims you are also going to want to help us look for them because they are trying to kill us as much as we are, only they have a constant night kill that they can use. 

2 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

You think that everyone who has voted against Drake is evil? Also, could you explain why you are voting for Darkness?

Well I was voting for Darkness because he just seemed one of the easiest to pick. I don't really know anyone and/or how things really work. Also maybe not everyone but a majority of them would have to be. 

Less than 10 minutes remain, and we have a tie. Make peace with your Gods everyone.

Votes:

Araris (1): Shaney

Drought (3): Nutellaspren, Araris, Darkness

Drake Marshall (2): Straw, Sart

Darkness (3): Drake, Seonid, Shanerockes

Hemalurgic Headshot (2): Steeldancer, Droughtbringer