1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

To the unstable mistborn: I offer you a challenge. I believe the current information is sufficient to give you a fighting chance. You will race to kill off the eliminators, while we will race to kill off you. I'd recommend starting with Araris or Drought, but I leave that up to you (if either Araris or Drought is in fact the unstable mistborn, that would be quite entertaining).

This feels largely like you are trying to distract people from something. But I don't know what that is. You did not say why you are putting your vote on Sart, put a challenge that doesn't seem to benefit the Village except for killing Araris or me, and I generally get a very weird feeling from this post. So: Drake Marshal

30 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

This feels largely like you are trying to distract people from something. But I don't know what that is. You did not say why you are putting your vote on Sart, put a challenge that doesn't seem to benefit the Village except for killing Araris or me, and I generally get a very weird feeling from this post. So: Drake Marshal

I believe my point was that the current single-minded focus on catching eliminators is, in fact, a distraction, and that we need to focus on a threat that is currently being ignored.

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

That is a little concerning.

In fairness, holidays might play into that. I figure we can hope many of those folks will be back soon.

Still... I kind of wish we had a stronger inactivity filter in this game.

I am alive. The reason I didn't post until now is because I completely forgot this was a thing until today. Honestly since this is my first time I am trying to figure out the right things to say in response to some things and how things actually work but my activity will be more as I understand things.

Edited by shanerockes

31 minutes ago, shanerockes said:

I am alive. The reason I didn't post until now is because I completely forgot this was a thing until today. Honestly since this is my first time I am trying to figure out the right things to say in response to some things and how things actually work but my activity will be more as I understand things.

Cool, thank you for checking in.

Take your time to adjust and figure things out. This community is kind of in the midst of figuring out how to deal with inactivity, but please don’t take that as a sign of impatience as you just start out.

That said, I think you might find that the things you say don’t always have to be flawlessly reasoned and polished. Even just checking in, like you did just now, is greatly appreciated.

Drake is exuding confidence and game-solvey-ness. Those qualities make him look "supatown" (as some players from my home site might say) and I may be tempted to follow his lead. As of now though my vote is remaining on Drought because I'm still not liking his posts and his easy jump on Drake isn't helping his case.

Happy new year, folks.

Lets hope is a good one, hm?

3 hours ago, nutellaspren said:

Drake is exuding confidence and game-solvey-ness. Those qualities make him look "supatown" (as some players from my home site might say) and I may be tempted to follow his lead. As of now though my vote is remaining on Drought because I'm still not liking his posts and his easy jump on Drake isn't helping his case.

Many things have been said of me, but this may be a new thing.

Regardless, I may be in the process of solving the game but the operative word there is process. I’m thinking out loud, and I’ll probably change my vote yet again before the cycle ends. I like to look at things from many angles.

If you are looking to catch an elim, I’m becoming increasingly sure that your current vote is in the right place. Keeping your vote where it is would be a sound decision. I would follow suit, however I believe there is a larger threat to be reckoned with.

Sorry for being inactive guys, been busy with new year and just haven’t been in mindset for SE.

Nah fam, I just get snarky and sarcastic when I’m impatient and get annoyed at other people for doing stupid things like wasting time with pokevotes, also just like being sarcastic, helps ignore insecurity xP
And am I the only one that is getting off vibes from the way @Droughtbringer has been playing this game?

Also the excuse of not wanting to lynch an inactive is a bit convenient, and not just for drought, but for other players too.

Oh wait, cycle was extended ok.

8 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Also, I’ve changed my mind.

Sart

Darkness

What made you change your mind?

7 hours ago, nutellaspren said:

Ha that usually comes from a) Being confident in their alignment as a villager

or b ) their confidence in acting a villager as an eliminator, which is a play @Amanuensis would often employ, just to give an example.

3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Many things have been said of me, but this may be a new thing.

Regardless, I may be in the process of solving the game but the operative word there is process. I’m thinking out loud, and I’ll probably change my vote yet again before the cycle ends. I like to look at things from many angles.

If you are looking to catch an elim, I’m becoming increasingly sure that your current vote is in the right place. Keeping your vote where it is would be a sound decision. I would follow suit, however I believe there is a larger threat to be reckoned with.

Mm I don't really like the tone of his post here, "thinking out loud" isn't a very good ploy for a player in general to use, as it creates confusion, contradiction and as you have already said, you might change your mind. Now where do Eliminators thrive? Confusion. Easy to take advantage of, easy to foster. And if one was to advocate a lynch on Drakey here, using meta arguments and any concrete proof given would be easily contested by saying that it was merely said out loud, and that the stand had changed since then etc, lest to say people would be very conflicted in lynching Drake.

Also "l'm becoming increasingly sure that your current vote is in the right place. Keeping your vote where it is would be a sound decision. I would follow suit, however I believe there is a larger threat to be reckoned with."

See now, first, who are you to dictate what a sound decision is, second, wow you're really heavily insinuating that nuttela should do what you say, I would go as far as to say you are taking advantage of the fact nutella is new here and is, forgive me @nutellaspren, impressionable.

lastly.

So I'm the larger threat here am I?

Well then, let's make that true, and to banish any misgivings people may have on advocating a lynch against you Drake, I have a question for them.
How much do you trust someone who is clearly going to lengths to be important to us, not to mention borderline mayoring without even being confirmed town and generally fostering contradiction and such so that he may draw upon those points later on to add to confusion.

Drake Marshal.

Edited by Darkness_
God I had to restrain myself from going "Your move, Drake Marshal" at the end, but seriously like, don't mess with me dawg.

Thank you Joe, for the extension. I was quite busy this weekend, so as you could tell, my activity has been quite low. 

Drake is the leading lynch currently. Let's take a look at the arguments.

@nutellaspren used the brilliant term "supatown", which from my understanding is an analogous term to Mayor. She believes that Drake is trying a bit too hard to make himself seem useful, and that seems suspicious.

@Darkness_ labels Drake's actions as Mayor-y, and lists his evidence.

@Droughtbringer  feels Drake's behavior is suspicious because it seems like his posts are trying to distract from something. As to what that is, unsure.

@Araris Valerian accuses Drake of trying to lead the village in a string of lynches, recalling Drake's post that rationalizes a series of lynch and possible Elim targets.

If I counted correctly, Drake has the leading number of votes. Steeldancer has kept his vote on Araris, perhaps because he was accused of Mayor-y like behavior himself and did not want to appear like a hypocrite in voting on Drake. However, I would press that Drake has much more evidence against him that Steeldancer did, and that he continues to display similar behavior in his posts. Drake also seems to be getting anxious, as seen in his various vote changes after a larger bandwagon began to form against him.

All of the accusations against Drake are based on the same evidence, of which there is not a few. Now it comes to the jury to determine whether Drake was doing this through malicious intent (which through his experience, could have been hid subtly), or from altruistic roots. This comes unfortunately after a discourse from Seonid about inactivity, and Drake is one of the more active members of this game. Purely on a gameplay level, lynching Drake might be detrimental. 

But for the good of the village, I believe it is best to vote Drake Marshall.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot
Fixed tags.

17 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Steeldancer, you think the elims had 4 players plus a rioter? That would be enough to practically win the game D1, since it would be a 6 vote swing, which was more than 1/3 of the starting players. I'd wager that there are only 2 left.

Um, good point. That makes no sense. Definitely 3 players.  

For the moment, I think Drake makes a good point. We cannot really afford to ignore the mistborn. Regarding his other things... I'll look at those after I get my homework done. But I don't think Drake is a good lynch target. I'm still feeling Drought or Araris, for the moment. 

Ok, no one is saying anything, so heres a vote count. 
Araris (2)- Drake, Steel, Shaneyrus
Drought (1)- Araris, Nutella
Drake (5)- Araris, Aspen, Drought, Dark, HH
Shanerocks(1)- Sart
Sart(0)- Drake
Darkness (1)- Drake

So, essentially, Drake has voted on a lot of people, is acting mayor-like, and lots of people are voting on him, including people I am suspicious of. Fantastic. I'll probably edit in a bit more analysis if no one else says anything. 

Ok, I did my analysis, but I don't have enough time before work to post my complete thoughts. For now, I am going to araris Sart @Sart, i expect more of you than laziness. 

Edited by Steeldancer
Stupid thing posted before I said anything

As I will be dead soon, I will disclose the following information:

I am seeker 2. I've scanned Straw. I will not disclose my result, but I don't believe Straw is evil.

I predict the infiltrator team is Drought and ShaneysRus. I predict that HH is the unstable mistborn.

7 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

Sorry for being inactive guys, been busy with new year and just haven’t been in mindset for SE.

Nah fam, I just get snarky and sarcastic when I’m impatient and get annoyed at other people for doing stupid things like wasting time with pokevotes, also just like being sarcastic, helps ignore insecurity xP
And am I the only one that is getting off vibes from the way @Droughtbringer has been playing this game?

Also the excuse of not wanting to lynch an inactive is a bit convenient, and not just for drought, but for other players too.

Oh wait, cycle was extended ok.

What made you change your mind?

Ha that usually comes from a) Being confident in their alignment as a villager

or b ) their confidence in acting a villager as an eliminator, which is a play @Amanuensis would often employ, just to give an example.

Mm I don't really like the tone of his post here, "thinking out loud" isn't a very good ploy for a player in general to use, as it creates confusion, contradiction and as you have already said, you might change your mind. Now where do Eliminators thrive? Confusion. Easy to take advantage of, easy to foster. And if one was to advocate a lynch on Drakey here, using meta arguments and any concrete proof given would be easily contested by saying that it was merely said out loud, and that the stand had changed since then etc, lest to say people would be very conflicted in lynching Drake.

Also "l'm becoming increasingly sure that your current vote is in the right place. Keeping your vote where it is would be a sound decision. I would follow suit, however I believe there is a larger threat to be reckoned with."

See now, first, who are you to dictate what a sound decision is, second, wow you're really heavily insinuating that nuttela should do what you say, I would go as far as to say you are taking advantage of the fact nutella is new here and is, forgive me @nutellaspren, impressionable.

lastly.

So I'm the larger threat here am I?

Well then, let's make that true, and to banish any misgivings people may have on advocating a lynch against you Drake, I have a question for them.
How much do you trust someone who is clearly going to lengths to be important to us, not to mention borderline mayoring without even being confirmed town and generally fostering contradiction and such so that he may draw upon those points later on to add to confusion.

Drake Marshal.

Well. Forgive my saying so, but I don't think you took very kindly to recieving a vote.

Perhaps you will not believe me, but I really don't care if you accuse me of being an eliminator. What I do care about is that your accusation is leveled against my character.

I am going to say this once. I have no particular expectation, or even desire, to shape today's lynch with these words. But you would do well to remember them.

I am a direct person. And I believe that self-effacing is a waste of time. If I believe I might be wrong about something, I will reevaluate it, and potentially change my way of thinking accordingly. The one who is confident is the one who can admit that they are wrong. Insecurity begets arrogance.

But do not mistake confidence for commanding. When, pray tell, have I actually told anybody what to do? Present me with anything of the sort, and you will have my profuse apologies.

You accuse me of "dictating what a sound decision is." How exactly am I "dictating" anything? I believe it is a sound decision. Am I not allowed to express my personal beliefs? If you think I am forcing my beliefs upon others, you are putting words in my mouth. When have I attempted to pass off my own beliefs as anything other than my own beliefs??

If you feel that your free agency is threatened, you have my sympathy. But do not presume to assign the fault for this at my feet.

Also, my username has two L's in it.

Edited by Drake Marshall
typo

10 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

As I will be dead soon, I will disclose the following information:

I am seeker 2. I've scanned Straw. I will not disclose my result, but I don't believe Straw is evil.

I predict the infiltrator team is Drought and ShaneysRus. I predict that HH is the unstable mistborn.

I will be frank with you, and tell you that I am not the mistborn. The actual mistborn knows that I am not the mistborn.

Ok, going back over things.

Here are the voting counts from the end of yesterday:

Ornstein (5): Seonid, Straw, Steel, HH, L.Legend

Straw (1): Nutella

Asterion (5): Sart, Araris, Drake, Droughtbringer, Devotary

Green is dead town, red is dead Elim. Yellow is still living and voted on Ornstein. Blue is still living and voted on Asterion.

Now here are the counts from today:

Araris (2)- Steel, Shaneyrus
Drought (1)- Nutella
Drake (5)- Araris, Aspen, Drought, Dark, HH
Shanerocks(1)- Sart
Darkness (1)- Drake

As we keep going on, I'll continue posting color-coded vote counts like this to see if any patterns emerge. I may alter the color schemes if/when more suspect votes come up.

Anyways, my thoughts on where we are now.

Both Araris and Drought wanted asterion lynched instead of Ornstein. And both of them are in on the Drake lynch. The others who voted for Asterion are scattered. Drake obviously isn't going to vote for himself, and Sart put out a poke-vote deliberately avoiding analysis. Tenuous association between Araris and Droughtbringer - but it's so weak that we shouldn't make decisions based off of it. It's far more likely to be coincidence than collusion at this point. (I reserve the right to change my position in the future if the evidence warrants it)

Of the players who voted on Ornstein, I'm voting at the end of this post, and only straw hasn't voted yet. @Straw, you up for a vote today? Steel wants Araris lynched, and HH is voting for Drake. No associations yet on them.

For me, the most suspicious player is Sart. We gained a great deal of information from our D1 lynch (unexpectedly, as Araris points out), and stand to gain even more from today's discussion - pushing on players who tried to swing the lynch, and getting the alignment off of one or more of them. But instead of being willing to participate in that, Sart backs off, apologizes for being wrong about the lynch, and pushes for a lynch that would gain us little to nothing. That sounds an awful like an Eliminator trying to distance themselves from a failed defense of a compadre to me.

For what it's worth, here's the rest of my commentary on players:

Drake Marshall: Of the players who participated in the attempted swing, Drake reads the strongest town to me. His attempts to encourage communication sound town-like, and his points about the unstable mistborn are extremely important and, by and large, being ignored. I assume there were 3 elims to start with - with a serial killer and our numbers, it makes sense to me. That leaves 2 left. If the Mistborn is lucky, we have 2 cycles left. Barely enough to get through their layer of Thug protection.

Remember! If all the Eliminators die before the Unstable Mistborn is killed, the Village loses! I don't think that most of us have internalized that fact. We ought to be attempting to get rid of both threats, but one is going under the radar. Drake drawing attention to this screams town to me.

Darkness: That response to a single vote by Drake was remarkable defensive. But I think that's normal for Darkness' playstyle. NAI for now. Could be the unstable Mistborn, reacting badly to attention.

HH: Was on the right side of the vote D1, but only reluctantly. Could be indicative either way, need more information to determine.

Droughtbringer: Was on the wrong side of the vote, but today's comments largely seem village-aligned. Except for the fact that they are trying to vote down Drake for...pointing out that we have to kill the Unstable Mistborn as well as the Eliminators, and that we risk losing if we ignore them?

Steeldancer: Strongly village to me. Combination of Ornstein vote and my sense of their contributions since.

Shanerockes, Aspen and ShaneysRus: Haven't contributed enough to get a sense off of them. I'd like to hear more - these games only get more fun the more you participate in them.

Straw and nutellaspren: Have both contributed minimally. Straw tried to get a D1 lynch on Steeldancer with little reason behind it - but that feels much more like a player playing our regular D1 game. Nutella is new, but has at least voted both times. Hasn't actually been part of a lynch train yet (in fact, so far both of her votes are singletons), and I'd like to see more engagement out of both of them.

That leaves Araris: Now Araris is sounding kind of evil to me. He's made good points on not blindly trusting the players who were in on the Ornstein lynch, and the possibility of a bus. On the other hand, if it wasn't a bus, then this is a red herring and a distraction from more important things. Frankly, my #2 suspect to be scum right now. But on a scale from 1-100, Araris is only at about a 65.

I'm open to lynching either Sart or Araris, with a strong preference towards Sart.

However, I am strongly against lynching Drake Marshall today. Towards that end: Araris

@Aspen, @Droughtbringer, @Hemalurgic Headshot, could any of you be induced into changing your votes? I don't find the case against Drake convincing, and I'd like to see if the latest developments in todays conversation change your assessments of the situation.

@Araris Valerian, how do you feel about Sart's deflection?

@Straw, @shanerockes, neither of you have voted yet. I've laid out my case for why I don't think that Drake is evil. How do you feel about the situation?

Embarrassingly enough,  I've fallen into the same trap that drake warned about. Ignoring the mistborn while concentrating on the elims.

I'd really like not to lynch drake. Moving towards getting rid of the mistborn is even better.  Towards that end Araris Darkness

Edited by Seonid
Autocorrect mistakes

@Darkness_, your post reminds me somewhat of when we were elims together recently. Also, I'm going to move my vote back from Drake to Drought. I'm honestly surprised that there are as many votes on Drake as there are, I was just trying to generate some better discussion than "let's lynch Araris!"

Okay, @Seonid, just saw your post. I've been waffling about Sart. On one hand, he started a lynch on an eliminator. However, that lynch shouldn't have been as helpful as it was, and since Ornstein was inactive, was an easy way for Sart to gain trust. So he's definitely on my radar. Also, his vote today isn't super helpful, so that makes me more suspicious of him. I would vote on Sart as an option. @Sart, what do you have to say about things?

The thing about Drake mentioning the Unstable Mistborn is mostly NAI to me. As either Village or Eliminator, it directs all the other players towards the actual win condition. Both the Village and the Elims want the Mistborn dead. However, I am pretty sure that Drake is not the Mistborn himself.

Ok, this is great discussion guys, I'll get more of my analysis in later after work, but for now this is what I've got- mixed reads on Sart and Araris. I want you both to share some thoughts on Drake and stuff, although Araris I think already has. So, I'll read through that after work. And Sart please be helpful and give us something to work with. 

This has changed a lot of my views.

Seonid, your argument has brought several things to light that I should have taken into account earlier. Yes, we do need to hunt down the Mistborn quickly. However, I don't see exactly why you want to keep Drake alive so badly. He's given good points on overall village action regarding the Mistborn, but otherwise... On the other hand, Araris's reply has changed my opinion of him as well. He seems to be village, just misinterpreted. Additionally, the combination of your posts have raised my suspicion of both Darkness and Sart.

Sart's random, evidenceless votes are quite strange. I hadn't paid much attention to him previously, since there were more obvious suspicions elsewhere, but his mysterious inactivity has me wondering.

Darkness's reaction to others' votes on him also makes me a bit suspicious. Rather more than was needed, I think.

But what gets me confused is Straw. What was with her vote on Drake? She said it was to "solidify the lynch" meaning she wants Drake surely dead. If Drake turns out village, then I'd think Straw would be a good person to consider.

But in all, I'd like @Sart to come out and say more things, and will reconsider my vote on Drake.

Alright, in light of recent happenings, I should explain some things:

I initially voted on Sart because his voting patterns seemed really confusing to me. I did not believe an eliminator would have been the first vote on the Ornstein counterwagon... But if not an eliminator, than perhaps the unstable mistborn.

Then it occurred to me that Sart might be Tineye 2. That would explain why he is voting on people who others have overlooked. On realizing this, I retracted my vote. I did not want to reveal this suspicion, but it seems the confusion this matter is generating might get both Sart and myself killed, which would be counterproductive.

At which point, I wasn't sure what to do next. I thought HH, Darkness, shanerocks, ShaneyRus, Aspen, or Steeldancer could all possibly be the unstable mistborn. All things held equal, I decided not to accuse a new player. And I didn't think Steeldancer was quite as likely. So I voted on Darkness. In part I wanted to gauge the reaction, though evidently I misjudged how Darkness would respond.

Nonetheless, perhaps the reaction was informative. You see, if I were the unstable mistborn, I'd definitely have hopped on the Drakewagon once it had some momentum, hoping to keep people from focusing on the unstable mistborn. And it looked an awful lot like HH did exactly that.

But the fact that HH just changed his mind muddies that a little. Without the liberal application of tinfoil, it would be hard to reconcile that with his being the unstable mistborn.

So... As HH pointed out, maybe Straw's vote was shady? But from my scan on Straw, I don't think Straw is the unstable mistborn (if somebody targeted Straw last night with an action, you might want to speak up, because that would change everything).

I think I may have been right about Darkness in the first place. That is starting to make more sense than the other options I've looked at.

And in conclusion, my vote is staying where it is.

I might be dead soon, which is, in fact, irrelevant. You can choose to trust me, or to kill me, but either way you'll know that my words are sincere.

@Steeldancer @Straw @Droughtbringer @Seonid @Hemalurgic Headshot @Darkness_ @shanerockes @ShaneysRus @nutellaspren @Araris Valerian @Sart @Aspen

40 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I'm still feeling Drought or Araris, for the moment. 

On 12/30/2017 at 11:28 AM, Drake Marshall said:

, I pretty much agree that either yourself(Araris) or Drought is an eliminator.

Could you guys explain specifically what you we have done to arrouse your suspicions? Also, Steeldancer, is there a reason that you are practically copying everything that Drake says? 

Drake put his vote onto Aarasis, and in the next post you did the same. After that he said he didn't trust us and then you did the same. I may be reading into this too much, but why are you just following practically everything that he says? You haven't done it so much the past bit, but at the start of the cycle is happened.

From reading over what has recently happened, I will take my vote off of Drake. He truly does to seem to care about the Village and I don't think that he is Eliminator or the Unstable Mistborn. 

I don't have a new vote yet. I'm still trying to figure everything out. With that said, I do have a question. I get that we're trying to lynch the Eliminators and The Unstable Mistborn, What are some things that you specifically look for to determine who is an Eliminator and who is a Mistborn? What has worked in past games and what hasn't? Like I said I'm just trying to get a feel for everything and any insights that y'all have would be greatly appreciated!

40 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Could you guys explain specifically what you we have done to arrouse your suspicions? Also, Steeldancer, is there a reason that you are practically copying everything that Drake says? 

Drake put his vote onto Aarasis, and in the next post you did the same. After that he said he didn't trust us and then you did the same. I may be reading into this too much, but why are you just following practically everything that he says? You haven't done it so much the past bit, but at the start of the cycle is happened.

It was mainly because I shared his reads. I was suspicous of you and Araris for the Asterion lynch. I think that's pretty obvious, right? But I've been doing my own analysis, which I'll compile now that I'm done with work.