Night 1: What did a carpet have to do with that?

The Gods of Luck and Chance smiled down from above, a mischievous glint in their eyes, as Ashimar and Thorn were lead up the platform.  Each one herded into place by those that had deemed them untrustworthy.

As the condemned lined up awaiting their turn to plea the case before the headsman, a faint sound could be heard by those keen of hearing.  It was the sound of a coin spinning.  If the coin came up heads, they got to keep theirs.  IIf tails turns up however, coins would not be the only thing spinning on the floor.  One thing was certain though, at least one head would roll before the sun set.

Vin perched on top of the roof. "I could just go down there and kill them all, and put an end to the Cett problem."

"You could mistress, but you are not ?" OreSeur replied.

"No, there are a few of Luthadel’s most powerful alomancer’s among them and we will need them if we are to stand up to Cett’s and Straff’s armies. And also … this is not who i want to be." She flew up, her mistcloak's dark tassels rippling through the air. She abruptly changed direction, lurching toward the scene of Asterion's Murder. Behind her the Kandra sighed, and jumped to a roof below.The Guards Elend had given her were keeping people away, and the crowds had been slowly clearing out. She approached the body, a quick search of his pockets revealed a metal vial labeled Steel, and nothing else to indicate that he was an assassin sent by Cett. "These are going to be some stressful days," Vin mumbled as Oreseur finally caught up with her.

Elend fell down at his chair , exhausted from the arguing from both sides in the escalating situation they’d found themselves in . There wasn’t a clear answer for what he should do, so for now he just left the crowds to sort things out on their own. That had turned ugly quickly as they had lynched one of their own. He felt terribly but Breeze insisted that cracking down would make things worse. That didn’t make the situation any less bleak. He looked out of the window at the girl observing the city from a rooftop across the street, and his mood brightened a bit.

"Your Majesty?" Dockson asked from the doorway?

"Yes?"

"We found one."

Ham flared pewter, and kicked through the wooden door. The lack of resistance as it crumbled was expected and planned for. He fell through the door and was already in the middle of the room before the occupant had even finished looking up in shock. Four more Pewterarms followed him in, crowding around the man. "Thorn, you are under arrest for attempted conspiracy against the crown, treason against the people of Luthadel, and Murder." 

They surged forward and grabbed him, tying him up as he protested his innocence

Ornstein was a Rioter 1!

Asterion was a Coinshot 2!

Ornstein (5): Seonid, Straw, Steel, HH, L.Legend

Straw (1): Nutella

Asterion (5): Sart, Araris, Drake, Droughtbringer, Devotary

The Night will end in

tur_1514617200.png

Player List:

1. Steeldancer   -   A dancer who wears steel toed boots.
  2. Straw   -   Adfus Syponr, A man who believes in Luck and Chance.
  3. Droughtbringer   -   Fake Joe, a man who tempts the wrath of the Gods.
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity   -   Varun, a man who asks all the right Questions.
  5. Seonid   -   Count Sen Conrad the III, a man unrelated to something or other.
  6. Hemalurgic Headshot   -   Marv, Nothing unusual about him.
  7. LivingLegend   -   Lamar, a parrot who loves Seasonal things.
  8. Darkness_   -   Jax Sangrin, a man who loves boxes
  9. Drake Marshall   -   Jay, Luthadel’s illiterate Librarian
  10. shanerockes   -   Phillip, the first of his line
  11. ShaneyRus   -   Lyv, who loves short names with rare letters
  12. Nuttallaspren   -   Norys, a chocolate maker.
  13. Araris Valerian   -   Aralis Penrod, a noble nobleman
  14. Sart   -   Lord Tuy, probably not Hoid.
  15. Aspen   -   A young Gardener

@Drake Marshall, I saw your post,  but I didn't have time to really respond. I'd have swung to asterion, too.

Now I'm glad I didn't.  That was a fast swing at the end. I think we've got a lot of new threads to pursue tomorrow.

For the moment, everyone on the asterion lynch is looking a little less than rosy. I'd be surprised if everyone on that last push was clean.

I need to go back and read it again to see who was driving the train and who bandwagoned on it.

I'm the only person who has said ANYTHING USEFUL. asterion . Unlikedarkness . Who, said something along the lines of liking Pokemon and poke votes? 

Just a tad bit pretentious little man.

It's called sarcasm, social commentary if you will.

You all were being idiots with the pokevoting.

I’d prefer not to lynch DA, mainly because he was killed very recently in the MR. Anyway, time for some reads!

Gee thanks for the vote of confidence. If I was an elim I would be very happy at the disorganisedness of the lynch, honestly was a mess and I have no idea how we got an elim out of it. Unlucky for Asterion who got caught up in it.

Sorry guys, not in a good place, haven't been for a bit so Imma try and get some coherent and actual analysis together tomorrow.

Back. Right, there's a lot to talk about here. D1 went pretty well. Some reads:

Seonid, Straw, and Steeldancer are almost certainly not infiltrators. HH and L.Legend are also probably safe, if a little less.

I really don't think Sart's initial vote was an elim trying to save a teammate. Doesn't seem right.

That leaves Araris, Droughtbringer, and Devotary as possible eliminators. There is at least one eliminator in that set of three I think.

Also, I get the feeling nutella is village.

Also, with an elim vote manipulator down, it would make sense for us to start looking for the unstable mistborn as well.

I'm not sure what it means for role distribution, that the elims had a vote manipulator... More on that later.

Editing this in 'cause nobody else posted since I last did:

Theory: the carpet thing actually hints at some game secret that's extremely important.

Edited by Drake Marshall
added a thing

Seonid- started vote on Ornstein, but it was a pokevote- nuetral

Straw- changed vote from Steeldancer to Ornstein. I don't know why he changed, but he wouldn't vote on another elim, who was not at risk of being lynched at that point, if he was elim… So this guy is pretty safe :D

Steeldancer- Voted for Ornstein, but I think that was more self preservation

HH- Voted Ornstein to protect against vote manip. Doesn't really make me feel that much safer about him, but I guess nuetral- leaning village- for now

Spontaneity- Voted for Ornstein when it looked pretty helpless, but switched as soon as another potential suspect (Asterion) was brought up. So I don't have a great feeling about them right now

Just to play devil's advocate here (and to draw some of the attention away from myself), the elims could very easily have bussed their teammate, given his inactivity. Now, this isn't as likely as it normally would be, since I wouldn't bus an elim on my own team D1, I'd instead give a cycle or two and hope for them to come back. So I agree in principle with the analysis of people that voted on Asterion, but don't agree that we should lean village on the people that voted for Ornstein.

In case I die ( though, granted, I’m guessing I’m not at the top of the hit list right now): Let it be recorded that I believe Araris is an infiltrator.

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

There is about an hour and a half left of the cycle everyone. Please start finalizing actions and making peace with your gods.

Jay walked through the streets, still quietly whistling an unfamiliar tune. It was fully dark by now, and the mists were particularly thick. The tendrils of his ill-gotten mistcloak swirled dramatically around him, dancing as if they had a life of their own (and, in a manner of speaking, they did).

He’d been hearing stories of folks being murdered on the streets in the last few days. Probably that was what had everybody so distracted and on edge. Jay wasn’t the type to worry about distant possibilities, but still. He murmered a quick prayer to the iridescent tones. Just in case.

There. Actions have been finalized, and peace with the gods has been maintained. :D

Day 2: Oh, it’s Alv’s Carpet

Zane perched on the tip of Kredik Shaw, looking over the city his father had come to conquer. His Brother’s City. The tomb of the Lord Ruler.

Luthadel.

The city was full of rats, and spiders. God wanted him to kill both, kill everyone in the city, but Zane only wanted to kill the Spiders. Vin wanted the Spiders dead, and maybe if he helped her, she would finally see him as he saw her. Free.

The rats had killed a spider earlier that day, and Zane had ransacked the man’s house afterward. He had found things the rats had missed. Words that pointed to the Tineye, Varun, as being another spider.

Zane pushed himself off Kredik Shaw. It was time to obey God.

Fynn Seidel and another infiltrator crouched in an alleyway outside or Lamur’s home. After the day’s events, they had decided that just killing Elend wouldn’t work. Some of Luthadel’s allomancers had banded together and killed Thorn, so they needed to start killing the more useful allomancers as well. Starting with the

“Why a Tineye sir? Without him we can’t get through the night as quickly?”

“There’s two.” Fynn peeked around the corner again. “Even after we kill Lamur, we can still use Varun to run our messages. It only takes one man to deliver a paper.”

“Ah, true sir.”

Inside Lamur’s house, a candle flickered to life. “He’s back. Go watch the front, make sure he can’t escape.” The other man scurried off, and Fynn left the alley, taking up position beside Lamur’s door.

Varun carefully slipped a blank white envelope under the door, then padded away into the misty night. That had been his last message to deliver, so it was finally time for bed. The mist swirled around him, hugging him. It was always peaceful this time of night. Everyone save the schemers and allomancers were abed.

And the murderers.

The mist above him split open, giving him far too little warning of the falling mistborn. The man slammed into his head and shoulders, bowling him forward onto the cobblestone street. He gasped and gagged as air and blood were expelled from his mouth.

“I do hope you were a Spider Varun, and not a rat. God says he can’t tell the difference, and that I should murder both, but it would still be a waste of time.”

Varun’s sight began to tunnel, and the last thing he saw as he died was that he had spat out his own toungue.

“Lamur want a waffle. Squak! Lamur want a waffle.” Lamur the parrot tineye waddled over to the table and grabbed a match box. He struck the match against one of his talons and lit the candle. He could fly another message now, if anyone else needed some.

Whoo, hoo.

Lamur cocked his head at the back door. There weren’t any owls in Luthadel. Why the heck was someone in his backyard pretending to be an owl?

The front door was kicked open, and a man in a grey cloak strode into his house, a sword in his hand. Lamur took to wing immediately, his hard earned instincts telling him that this man did not want to deliver messages. Before he could reach the door, there was a snicker snack as the sword swept through him and threw his pieces at a wall. “Squack! No Waffles for Lamur. No waffles.” The parrot chirped sadly as the man raised his boot, and stomped downward toward him.

Living Legend and Devotary of Spontaneity were Village Tineye 1’s!

Remember, No PM's during the day.

The Day will end in

bla_1514790000.png

Player List:

1. Steeldancer   -   A dancer who wears steel toed boots.

2. Straw   -   Adfus Syponr, A man who believes in Luck and Chance.

3. Droughtbringer   -   Fake Joe, a man who tempts the wrath of the Gods.

4. Seonid   -   Count Sen Conrad the III, a man unrelated to something or other.

5. Hemalurgic Headshot   -   Marv, Nothing unusual about him.

6. Darkness_   -   Jax Sangrin, a man who loves boxes

7. Drake Marshall   -   Jay, Luthadel’s illiterate Librarian

8. shanerockes   -   Phillip, the first of his line

9. ShaneyRus   -   Lyv, who loves short names with rare letters

10. Nuttallaspren   -   Norys, a chocolate maker.

11. Araris Valerian   -   Aralis Penrod, a noble nobleman

12. Sart   -   Lord Tuy, probably not Hoid.

13. Aspen   -   A young Gardener

14. Asterion137   -   Village Coinshot 2

15. LivingLegend   -   Village Tineye 1

16. Ornstein   -   Eliminator Rioter 1

17. Devotary of Spontaneity   -   Village Tineye 1

I also concur with araris. I've had a sneaking feeling about araris for a little while now, even aside from having voted on Asterion. 

Also, Nice Write up Joe.

also, what is it with these carpets? We're just going to get blood all over them, so why even have them?

Edited by Steeldancer

Well, I can't say much more than I did D1; my honest opinion is that lynching an inactive is an easy out from a lynch. I would have joined literally any bandwagon to lynch someone besides Asterion or any other inactive.

@ShaneysRus, @Steeldancer: Could you two please elaborate? What about my posts was "a little bit off?" Where did this "sneaky feeling" come from?

It seems to me that I'm the only player that was aware of the elim win condition. If I hadn't spoken up, the elims could have easily lynched Joe and won. Especially if Straw is village, since his vote would have made their job that much easier.

@Droughtbringer My vote will go on Drought. Mostly because of the following post:

For sake of generating everything I will be putting my vote on Araris Valerian to generate discussion, I should be getting on shortly before the cycle ends to change this if needed, and also before then.

What about this post does remotely anything to generate discussion? I was already active, had a vote placed, and publicly stated my intentions about possibly moving my vote to Steeldancer (to prevent a last minute bandwagon by the elims, since Steeldancer was my #1 suspect that also already had a vote on himself). There was no threat of me getting lynched last cycle, so I didn't even feel compelled to respond to this post back then. This post is faking an active role in discussion while not actually contributing anything useful, save for its content as being suspicious. And while I personally consider it largely NAI, Drought also was against lynching Ornstein both before and after the two wagons got going.